Stocks other than Apple Inc to Buy for the iPhone (SWKS, CRUS, VZ)
There's only two types of mobile phone to own these days -- iPhone or Android. Sorry Microsoft and RIM, you guys suck.
Other than forking up the $358 for one share of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), can't you buy something else that can benefit from the iPhone's popularity? You bet there is, buy the companies that power or sell the iPhone.
Look at Cirrus Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRUS) for $24 a shar, Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:SWKS) trading around $34 or slow moving Verizon (NYSE:VZ) at $36.
Here is a link to the video talking up Cirrus Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRUS), Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:SWKS) and Verizon (NYSE:VZ) from the PBS' Nightly Business Report.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Part of the transcript from the segment:
JAMES ROGERS, REPORTER, THESTREET.COM: As I said on the show last year, Tom, companies that provide components to Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) can wind up doing really, really well, whether after the iPad or in this case, the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone. Verizon (NYSE: VZ) said last week that the iPhone is the most successful launch in the company`s history and I think that could spell a lot of upside particularly to the three companies that we`re going to talk about today.
HUDSON: And it begins with Qualcomm, QCOM the ticker symbol on this one, James and it has been around for a long, long time. It`s known as the communication chip company. And the share price has clearly had a nice rise off the summertime low, close to $60 per share. Is the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone priced in?
ROGERS: Yeah. I think to a certain extent it is. We all knew this was coming. Just to recap, Qualcomm provides a 3G wireless chip for the new Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone. And the company was one of the big leaders of the recent tech sector rally. I think that it`s still got a really good long-term story out there for investors. Some things that are necessarily outside of the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone that could play a part. For example, Nokia (NYSE: NOK) has strengthened its partnership with Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT). And that could bode well for Qualcomm`s Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) friendly chips and also there`s a feeling that the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone is going to serve as a springboard for this company and falling telecom market such as China. So I still think it`s where (INAUDIBLE) investors` attention.
HUDSON: We can certainly see that with some other firms really kind of getting more well-known in the industry with its work with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL). Sky Works perhaps one of these. It makes semiconductors to power amplifiers and again, prices doubled since the summertime, so a catalyst here James, what could it be?
ROGERS: It has been pretty significant. Sky Works (SWKS) is actually one of the Street breakout stocks. The company was already providing power amplifiers to the earlier iPhone 4. It gained an additional chip in the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone, so clearly this is a company that`s gaining share with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) and it has been enjoying really, really strong momentum though, and doubled its quarterly profit and also gave really strong guidance so there`s two big positives there for investors. But I would urge a degree of caution here. As you say, the company`s stock has been on a real, real surge so maybe this is one area investors need to wait for a pullback. (INAUDIBLE) last week. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bitcoin Is Soaring On Unprecedented Burst In Chinese Buying | ZeroHedge
- The Task Confronting Libertarians | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's Gold Reserves Plunge To Lowest Ever As Maduro Repays Debt With Gold | ZeroHedge
- The Global Bear Market In Freedom | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik: 'Seismic Shift' Coming for US Dollar, Gold Market | Financial Sense
- CEO Of Asia's Largest Commodity Trader Unexpectedly Resigns | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns The Rise Of Nationalism Throughout Europe Is Inevitable | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan's prime minister publicly scolded Obama to his face over '... | Business Insider
- Customer service experiences are more... | Business Insider
- We talked to futurists about what sleep will be like in 2030 | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Elizabeth Warren slams 'small, insecure' Donald Trump in most fiery takedown yet... | Business Insider
- SAM ZELL: It's really hard not to be a seller in real estate right... | Business Insider
- $50 oil is here to stay | Business Insider