Stocks other than Apple Inc to Buy for the iPhone (SWKS, CRUS, VZ)
There's only two types of mobile phone to own these days -- iPhone or Android. Sorry Microsoft and RIM, you guys suck.
Other than forking up the $358 for one share of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), can't you buy something else that can benefit from the iPhone's popularity? You bet there is, buy the companies that power or sell the iPhone.
Look at Cirrus Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRUS) for $24 a shar, Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:SWKS) trading around $34 or slow moving Verizon (NYSE:VZ) at $36.
Here is a link to the video talking up Cirrus Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRUS), Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:SWKS) and Verizon (NYSE:VZ) from the PBS' Nightly Business Report.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Part of the transcript from the segment:
JAMES ROGERS, REPORTER, THESTREET.COM: As I said on the show last year, Tom, companies that provide components to Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) can wind up doing really, really well, whether after the iPad or in this case, the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone. Verizon (NYSE: VZ) said last week that the iPhone is the most successful launch in the company`s history and I think that could spell a lot of upside particularly to the three companies that we`re going to talk about today.
HUDSON: And it begins with Qualcomm, QCOM the ticker symbol on this one, James and it has been around for a long, long time. It`s known as the communication chip company. And the share price has clearly had a nice rise off the summertime low, close to $60 per share. Is the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone priced in?
ROGERS: Yeah. I think to a certain extent it is. We all knew this was coming. Just to recap, Qualcomm provides a 3G wireless chip for the new Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone. And the company was one of the big leaders of the recent tech sector rally. I think that it`s still got a really good long-term story out there for investors. Some things that are necessarily outside of the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone that could play a part. For example, Nokia (NYSE: NOK) has strengthened its partnership with Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT). And that could bode well for Qualcomm`s Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) friendly chips and also there`s a feeling that the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone is going to serve as a springboard for this company and falling telecom market such as China. So I still think it`s where (INAUDIBLE) investors` attention.
HUDSON: We can certainly see that with some other firms really kind of getting more well-known in the industry with its work with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL). Sky Works perhaps one of these. It makes semiconductors to power amplifiers and again, prices doubled since the summertime, so a catalyst here James, what could it be?
ROGERS: It has been pretty significant. Sky Works (SWKS) is actually one of the Street breakout stocks. The company was already providing power amplifiers to the earlier iPhone 4. It gained an additional chip in the Verizon (NYSE: VZ) iPhone, so clearly this is a company that`s gaining share with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) and it has been enjoying really, really strong momentum though, and doubled its quarterly profit and also gave really strong guidance so there`s two big positives there for investors. But I would urge a degree of caution here. As you say, the company`s stock has been on a real, real surge so maybe this is one area investors need to wait for a pullback. (INAUDIBLE) last week. Continue>>
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Which Nation Do Americans See As Their Greatest Enemy (Spoiler Alert: It's Not Russia) | ZeroHedge
- The FBI Is Pursuing Three Separate Probes Into "Russian Hacking" Of The Elections | ZeroHedge
- 'Rogue' Border Agents Resist Trump Orders, Continue Obama's 'Catch-And-Release' Policy | ZeroHedge
- CNN’s Don Lemon Triggered After Guest Calls His Segment ‘Fake News’ | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- The Markets Are Misreading What Trump Can and Cannot Do... BIG LEAGUE | ZeroHedge
- New Political Turmoil In Italy After Renzi Quits As Ruling Party Leader, Triggering Re-election Battle | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The new Acura NSX reset our expectations of what a supercar can be | Business Insider
- This is why driving in the US and France is completely different | Business Insider
- A former Navy SEAL shares the No. 1 leadership lesson he learned in... | Business Insider
- United's CEO cheated death a month into the job and is now leading the... | Business Insider
- David Tepper's Appaloosa just dropped about $1 billion... | Business Insider
- eHarmony is gearing up for a battle to win back millennials from Tinder and Bumble | Business Insider
- Arrested Samsung heir arrives in handcuffs and bound by... | Business Insider