New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECB Sets Up Biggest Contrarian Play of 2015 | Financial Sense
- Dow Plunges 360 Points, Erases All Post-QE Gains | ZeroHedge
- The Template Of Life In America Has Broken | ZeroHedge
- How Much More GDP "Growth" Will Be Due To Obamacare? | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Invokes Rule 48 To Pre-Empt Selling Panic | ZeroHedge
- QE Is Not A Solution: "It's A Marker Of All That Is Wrong" | ZeroHedge
- Caption Contest: When Barry Met Sally | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greece will seek 'fair, mutually beneficial' EU... | Business Insider
- Some Surprising Players Try Their Hand at Original Streaming Content | TheStreet.com
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, AAPL, BABA,... | Business Insider
- The Global Slowdown Is Making Asia's Debt Mountain Even Worse | Business Insider
- It Took Amy Poehler 5 Minutes To Fall In Love With Her 'Parks And Rec'... | Business Insider
- SpaceX Reveals Stunning Video Showing Its Totally Futuristic New Rockets | Business Insider
- Here's Why HBO's New Scientology Documentary Is So Critical Of... | Business Insider