New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Which Nation Do Americans See As Their Greatest Enemy (Spoiler Alert: It's Not Russia) | ZeroHedge
- "There's Something Weird Going On": Jeff Snider On The Global Dollar Shortage | ZeroHedge
- "We Respond To Respect": Iran To Conduct New Military Drill In Which "Rockets Will Be Used" | ZeroHedge
- Ken Fisher on Double-Digit Returns and Beating the Consensus | Financial Sense
- 50 Rhino Poachers Shot Dead After India Unleashes "Zero Tolerance" Conservation Policy | ZeroHedge
- Trump Supporters Rally In Downtown Atlanta With Semi-Automatic Weapons | ZeroHedge
- 'Rogue' Border Agents Resist Trump Orders, Continue Obama's 'Catch-And-Release' Policy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'A natural outgrowth of America electing a reality show president... | Business Insider
- Malaysian police arrested a North Korean man over the Kim Jong... | Business Insider
- Trump will interview four candidates for... | Business Insider
- Managers at a $1 trillion asset manager say investors are dangerously... | Business Insider
- Learn the email etiquette rules every professional should know from this... | Business Insider
- There's a key risk in Europe that... | Business Insider
- A Wall Street performance coach who's... | Business Insider