New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Research Strengthens Link Between Shale Drilling and Earthquakes | Financial Sense
- Las Vegas Is More "Screwed"; Drought Drains Lake Mead To Lowest Since Hoover Dam Built | ZeroHedge
- One Company Finally Admits: It Wasn't The "Harsh Weather" After All | ZeroHedge
- Operating in a "Shadow Rate" World - Fed Funds Closer to Negative 3% | Financial Sense
- Jobs Report Not as Positive for the Economy as Some Think | Financial Sense
- Back on the Prowl | iBankCoin.com
- What Has Driven The VIX Higher In The Past? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Company Behind West Virginia Chemical Spill Fined Just $11,000 | Business Insider
- Michael Dell Plans To Haunt His Company Even After He’s Dead | Business Insider
- The 10 Highest-Funded Kickstarter Projects Of All Time | Business Insider
- POLL: How Will You Be Investing Over The Next Few Years? | Business Insider
- How Will Boeing Stock Be Affected by New $56 Billion Plane Deal? | TheStreet.com
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of... | StreetInsider.com
- The Cavaliers Just Made A Trade That... | Business Insider