New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2008 Deja Vu? Treasury Warns Congress - Bailout Puerto Rico Or Risk "Chaotic Unwinds... Cascading Defaults" | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap May 2, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Money Is Energy: George Mobus Discusses Biophysical Economics and Alternative Theories of Value | Financial Sense
- CSX Freight Train Derails In Washington D.C., 9 Cars Overturned, Hazardous Material Leaking | ZeroHedge
- This Data Shows The Shale Debt Crisis Is Hitting Record Levels | Financial Sense
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Stock Analysis 5-2-2016 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- I Think Icahn | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tuesday's auto sales report is a crucial test for the US economy | Business Insider
- The haunting true story of a man who spent 2 years in a self-contained 'Biosphere... | Business Insider
- These 3 businesses made Warren Buffett Warren Buffett | Business Insider
- 19 children's books you should re-read as an adult | Business Insider
- The M2 is the finest BMW on earth | Business Insider
- Berlin is trying to solve its housing shortage by... | Business Insider
- What it was like in the bunker Hitler died in 71 years ago | Business Insider