New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Truth About Politics | ZeroHedge
- The Mad Stewards of Gondor | Financial Sense
- P2P Cracks Start To Show As LendingClub Write-Offs Double Forecasts | ZeroHedge
- Personal Freedom Versus Political Paternalism | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Prepares To Liquidate Its Remaining Gold Holdings To Pay Coming Debt Maturities | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Slams Cruz And Hillary: They Are Both "Owned By Goldman" | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Hillary Told Wall Street Behind Closed Doors | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Brazil roars ahead with Carnival despite troubling Zika... | Business Insider
- SUPER BOWL 50: Our official picks for who will win Sunday's big... | Business Insider
- 25 beautiful photographs of cinema’s most iconic weapons | Business Insider
- 25 thoughtful Valentine's Day gifts under $25 | Business Insider
- Donald Trump mocks Jeb Bush for asking his 'mommy' to campaign with him | Business Insider
- Amazing time-lapse... | Business Insider
- An anonymous app teens are obsessed with went viral and got banned from the App... | Business Insider