New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Builds $6 Million Bridge To Nowhere | ZeroHedge
- "Biggest Jump In General Collateral On Record" Leaves Experts Stumped | ZeroHedge
- Just One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Former Fed Governor Admits Market Controlling The Fed Is A "Very Dangerous Development" | ZeroHedge
- "Market Timing" Explained In 1 Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- Financial Stress Is Rising – Time to Worry? | Financial Sense
- Broke? You May Now Be Entitled To a Free Home | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft Outlook email... | Business Insider
- Tesla shares jump on Musk 'tease' in tweet | Business Insider
- We checked out Victor — 'Uber for private jets' — where prices start at... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Now you can book a plumber or housecleaner on Amazon in 60 seconds (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Microsoft just dropped two trailers for 'Halo 5' and... | Business Insider
- The Browns and Bucs have the most valuable collection of picks in the... | Business Insider