New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rand Paul Blocks Extension Of Patriot Act, Future Of Illegal NSA Spying On Americans In Limbo | ZeroHedge
- Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US "Created" ISIS As A "Tool" To Overthrow Syria's President Assad | ZeroHedge
- Traders Are Buying Gold & Silver At Fastest Pace In Over A Decade | ZeroHedge
- WoRLD TuRTLe DaY 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Japan Pleases Markets With Surprise Growth | Financial Sense
- Don Coxe: Bull Market in Bonds Now Ending - Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- ‘Titanic’ Global Economy May “Collapse” Warn HSBC - Gold Is Lifeboat | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Djokovic on brink of Grand Slam history in Paris | Business Insider
- Here's how George W. Bush handled the big question that... | Business Insider
- This Berlin fintech company has the most simple-but-brilliant way... | Business Insider
- This chart explains why Spotify added video (AAPL) | Business Insider
- PEER-TO-PEER LENDING... | Business Insider
- Cedenio dominates Merritt at Ponce Grand Prix | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek