New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Slams "Unfair" Tax Inversions After Sanders Calls Pfizer/Allergan Deal "Disaster For Americans" | ZeroHedge
- Executives Using Buybacks to ‘Exit Stage Left’ | Financial Sense
- US Manufacturing PMI Collapses To 2 Year Low As New Orders, Employment Slow | ZeroHedge
- Turkish Delight? Post-EU Close Buying Binge Sends Dow, S&P Surging Above Overnight Highs | ZeroHedge
- Why Is The NY Attorney General Not Prosecuting The Real FX Spoofing Criminalgos | ZeroHedge
- Key Economic Events In The Holiday-Shortened Week | ZeroHedge
- "Get Out Of Your Trucks And Run Away": US Gives ISIS 45 Minute Warning On Oil Tanker Strikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German business confidence rises in November: Ifo | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- The 19 foods everyone tries to order on Seamless for Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- Ministers have tense meeting with mayor over police... | Business Insider
- France has big night at International Emmys, with 3 wins | Business Insider
- NATO calls 'extraordinary meeting' after... | Business Insider
- Water bears are huge DNA thieves: study | Business Insider