New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fund Managers at Highest Cash Levels in 14 Years | Financial Sense
- Stocks Are Catching Down To Oil's Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- Snowden Explains How To Get To The Bottom Of "Who Hacked The Democrats" | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Fed Outlook Contracts For 19th Straight Month With Wages Crashing To Sept 2013 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Global Central Banks Are All-In: QE Running At Record $180 Billion Per Month (And Rising) | ZeroHedge
- China Plans Military Exercise in South China Sea | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to stay in control of your meetings | Business Insider
- The Flash actor came to Comic-Con dressed as Gandalf from 'Lord... | Business Insider
- Turkey orders detention of 42 journalists in post-coup crackdown | Business Insider
- One quote from Warren Buffett is tremendous advice for finding the next great investment | Business Insider
- Finally, a Wi-Fi router that helps you figure out why it isn’t... | Business Insider
- Marvel’s newest ‘Doctor Strange’ trailer is here and it looks... | Business Insider
- Turkey is widening crackdown after the attempted coup amid... | Business Insider