New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Things: Exuberance, Small Caps, & 6% Realities | ZeroHedge
- Who Still Lives At Home With Their Parents? | ZeroHedge
- Trump Confirms Retired Marine General "Mad-Dog" Mattis Will Be America's Next Secretary Of Defense | ZeroHedge
- The Role Of Technology In Limiting Privilege And Bias | ZeroHedge
- Bullish Confirmations and the Primary Trend | Financial Sense
- Twitter Threatens Trump Ban Over "Harassment And Hateful Conduct" | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The "Tectonic Shift" In The Markets' Narrative | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Steven Mnuchin will not 'drain the swamp' on Wall Street | Business Insider
- There's a conversation power couples have sooner rather than... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- 13 rules for using commas without looking like an idiot | Business Insider
- US Marine Corps video shows 'the most powerful concentration of combat power... | Business Insider
- Watch 'Shark Tank' star Kevin O'Leary... | Business Insider
- 9 horrible body language habits that are hard to quit | Business Insider