New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE WALL STREET BULL IS COMING | iBankCoin.com
- Is This the Beginning of a New Bear Market? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- This Is The 12-Days-Old News That Just Spiked USDJPY And Stocks | ZeroHedge
- "The Most Important Chart For Investors" Flashback, And Why USDJPY 120 Is Now Coming Fast | ZeroHedge
- Starting Off Strong: Goldman Slashes Q4 GDP Estimate From 3.0% To 2.2% | ZeroHedge
- Technical Lines in the Sand; All Eyes on the FOMC | Financial Sense
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Daylight Saving Time Is Bad For Your Health | Business Insider
- F5 Networks CEO Explains Retirement, Says Growth Trends Are Intact | TheStreet.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- These Maps Reveal How Ethnic Groups Are Spread Across America | Business Insider
- The Bizarre Reason The NFL Has Gotten So Lucky With Peyton Manning Vs. Tom Brady... | Business Insider
- We Finally Know The Identity Of The Mystery Woman In 'The Avengers... | Business Insider
- US nurse bikes away, despite Ebola quarantine | Business Insider