New 52-week Low for Nintendo
Nintendo Co. (PINK:NTDOY) shares hit a new 52-week low today of $29.30. Since Feb 18th Nintendo shares have dropped a staggering 23%.
Traders were not impressed today after the company reported profit falling 66% in its latest fiscal year, 3DS sales falling short of expectations and top it off with Wii sales falling off a cliff.
The only bright spot is Nintendo announced plans to release a new home console to the masses in 2012. Nintendo shares are down 3.76% and trading around $29.60 a share.
Here's the 411 from CNET.com
n its fiscal year that ended March 31 (PDF), Nintendo generated revenue of 1.01 trillion yen ($12.32 billion), representing a steep 29 percent decline year over year. The game company posted a full-year profit of 77.6 billion yen ($946.7 million). That figure was down a whopping 66 percent year over year.
Nintendo's earnings report signals continued trouble at the venerable game company. In September, Nintendo released its six-month earnings statement, which included a $24.6 million loss. During the first nine months of the fiscal year, its revenue and profit tallies were down 31.7 percent and 74.3 percent, respectively.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed Turns 100: A Survey of the Critics | ZeroHedge
- Small Bombs Under $10 | iBankCoin.com
- Riding the Market’s Circus | iBankCoin.com
- Potato Juice Just Got Upped | ZeroHedge
- The Time to Be Bearish Is When Breadth Is Weak, Which Clearly Isn’t Now | Financial Sense
- The Dark-Side Psychology Behind Holiday Madness | ZeroHedge
- China: Forces of Movement and Forces of Order | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- The Risk Of A Major Stock Market Decline Outweighs The Limited Potential Rewards | Business Insider
- Here's A Great Idea For Creating Passwords That Are Easy To Remember But Hard... | Business Insider
- There's Three Other Important Economic Datapoints That Are Coming Out Today | Business Insider
- Madiba's Wisdom: 20 Timeless Quotes From Nelson Mandela | Business Insider
- Seasoned Tourists Share Their Best Travel Tips | Business Insider