Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Not Zero Sum: World Bond Markets Endure $1.7 Trillion Sell Off; Equities Gain $635 Billion | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Intriguing Predictions On Trump's Plan For Federal Reserve | ZeroHedge
- How Twitter Bots Affected the US Presidential Campaign | Financial Sense
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Is Stepping Down | ZeroHedge
- "The World Has Changed" - Average S&P Target Before Trump: 2,087; After Trump: 2,425 | ZeroHedge
- Stagnation and the OECD's Solution | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- $1.9 trillion dollars of economic value could be created by the use of... | Business Insider
- Most 'blockbuster' treatments for diseases like Alzheimer... | Business Insider
- Trump is about to inherit the 'strongest overall job market in a generation... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- How to invest in 'curing' cancer | Business Insider
- The 5 best new songs you can stream right now | Business Insider
- Syrians in Germany face a tough fight to be... | Business Insider