Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- China: Lender of First (and Last) Resort | Financial Sense
- Gold Manipulators Busted After Zero Hedge Report On Flagrant Gold Spoofing | ZeroHedge
- Baltimore PD Releases Charged Cop Mugshots; Attorney Says Case Is "Politically Motivated" | ZeroHedge
- We Just Broke 2008's Record For The Fastest Economic Unraveling! | ZeroHedge
- Robin Griffiths: US to Have Another Run Before Final Crash in 2016 or 2017 | Financial Sense
- Colombia: Sam Zell May be Onto Something | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Burnley, QPR slide to brink of relegation | Business Insider
- 10 things Wired got totally and hilariously wrong in its legendary 1997 story on... | Business Insider
- Here's the first picture of the newest member of... | Business Insider
- The economic and racial inequality problem in Baltimore exists in many US cities | Business Insider
- These are the best family cars for 2015 | Business Insider
- Nepal minister warns quake toll will climb 'much higher... | Business Insider
- Meet the man responsible for Google's billion-dollar... | Business Insider