Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek Prime Minister To Address The Nation Shortly | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Prints Worst June Since 2008 As Employment Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- "Off The Grid" Indicators Suggest US Economy Not Ready For 'Liftoff' | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jun 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Wrestling with Depravity | iBankCoin.com
- Varoufakis Confirms Greece Will Default To IMF Today | ZeroHedge
- Jim Bianco Rages "The Recovery Ship Sailed", Bashes Big Govt Believers, Slams Greek Risk 'Deniers' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Monopoly movie is in the works and the plot sounds even more ridiculous than the movie... | Business Insider
- Large blast in Afghan capital Kabul, military vehicles... | Business Insider
- Aboriginal experience inspires artist Abramovic decades... | Business Insider
- Here's why that leaked video of Nintendo's next video game system is totally fake... | Business Insider
- Two feared dead in Japan bullet train suicide fire:... | Business Insider
- Here's a complete look at everything you get with Apple Music | Business Insider
- The British studio where Star Wars and Avengers... | Business Insider