Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Argentina’s Growing Dependency on Beijing | Financial Sense
- Hanergy Contagion Sparks Chinese Investor Rotation From Shenzhen "Ponzi" To Shanghai "Safety" | ZeroHedge
- "It's A Coup D'Etat," David Stockman Warns "Central Banks Are Out Of Control" | ZeroHedge
- Constitution 1 - 0 Government: NSA Starts Winding Down Bulk Data Collection | ZeroHedge
- WoRLD TuRTLe DaY 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Grexit "Disaster" Looms As Greek Hospitals Run Out Of Sheets, Painkillers | ZeroHedge
- Cold War 2.0: Visualizing All Recent "Close Encounters" Between Russian And NATO Warplanes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple has a crazy idea for the iPhone's home button that could make it much more... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Burundi activists suspend govt talks as opposition... | Business Insider
- This Nike running installation transforms portraits into moving particles | Business Insider
- The incredible story of how David Letterman saved Conan O... | Business Insider
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining'... | Business Insider
- Myanmar to deport migrants as UN chief urges further... | Business Insider