Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weibo Opens Way Below IPO Price | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing Taxes Around The World | ZeroHedge
- More "De-escalation" - NATO Sends Five Warships To Baltic Sea | ZeroHedge
- It's Op-Ex Day, And The Buying Panic Is Late | ZeroHedge
- A Decision Has Been Made | iBankCoin.com
- Obama And Biden Explain How Great The Economy And Stocks Are - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The Market Is Too Dependent on Hopes That Await Evidence | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yasiel Puig Turned 2 Boneheaded Plays Into An Amazing Throw And Catch | Business Insider
- Chinese Economic Growth Continues To Slow (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Here Comes A Big Day For US Economics | Business Insider
- San Francisco Billionaire Wants Tech CEOs To Give Money To The City's Poor... | Business Insider
- A Waze Exec Says A US Airways Employee Sent Her These Harassing Texts... | Business Insider
- E-Commerce Led VC-Backed Exits In 2013 | Business Insider