Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Candidates Confirm: No Crash This Year | Financial Sense
- Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting Live Stream | ZeroHedge
- Home Prices Rose 5.3% Year-Over-Year in February | Financial Sense
- Head Of Deutsche Bank "Integrity Committee" Fired Due To "Overzealousness" | ZeroHedge
- A Few Facts About Gold That Nay-Sayers Conveniently Ignore | ZeroHedge
- China's Most Innovative Capital Outflow Yet: Buying Legendary Italian Football Club AC Milan | ZeroHedge
- "There’s Some Crazy Stuff Going On In New York" As Rental Glut Finally Hits The Bottom Line | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How real estate on the two sides of Central Park stacks up | Business Insider
- A crucial test event for the Rio Olympics 'endangered the safety of... | Business Insider
- 18 photos that show why this charming Dutch village should be on your travel bucket... | Business Insider
- I played the addictive new game Slither.io and now I get why it's topping the App... | Business Insider
- Will Ferrell pulls out of controversial Ronald Reagan Alzheimer's... | Business Insider
- The spokesman of America’s leading Satanic sect explains why Ted Cruz is nothing... | Business Insider
- The board of Air France-KLM has a pick for its new CEO | Business Insider