Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Sentiment Is Just Plain Ugly | ZeroHedge
- VIX ETF Surges Off Record Low Crushing Contango Cruisers | ZeroHedge
- 30Y Treasury Yield Plunges To 3-Month Lows As S&P Breaks Key Technical Support | ZeroHedge
- Breaking Down China's $23 Trillion Debt Pile | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Is Confused: If The Economy Is Recovering, Then How Is This Possible | ZeroHedge
- "You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat" - Does Size Matter When It Comes To The Debt Markets | ZeroHedge
- Have You Figured it Out Yet? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's one major reason startups are switching their workers... | Business Insider
- Hackers could take complete control of your computer if you use... | Business Insider
- Here's a super quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ,... | Business Insider
- Credit Suisse: China's crazy stock market is the 'opposite... | Business Insider
- China's economy in 4 terrifying charts | Business Insider
- Syria army plane crashes in rebel-held town: monitor | Business Insider
- Here's how Jake Gyllenhaal feels about losing out on Batman... | Business Insider