Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Good and the Bad Before BABA | iBankCoin.com
- Four Places That Could Become Water Conflict Zones | Financial Sense
- The Silver Paradox In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Bond Risk Rises As Catalan Referendum "Dialog" Heats Up | ZeroHedge
- Strong Dollar Undermines Precious Metals | Financial Sense
- Quantitative Proof The Fed Is Destroying The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Alibaba Open Indication Puts Its Market Cap Greater Than Facebook, Verizon, JPMorgan, Just Under Wal-Mart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 15 Best Colleges In America, According To People Who Work In Finance | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Elon Musk Says Tesla’s Self-Driving Cars Will Be 10 Times Safer Than Human Drivers... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 9/... | StreetInsider.com
- BREMMER: If Scotland Votes For Independence, Prepare For The... | Business Insider
- Legendary Marine General James Mattis: ISIS Is A Combination Of Al Qaeda And Hezbollah On Steroids... | Business Insider
- Ariad Director Resignation May Mean CEO Berger One Step Closer to Exit | TheStreet.com