Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Maryland Considers Teaching Kids That Boys Are Presumed Guilty In Rape Accusations | ZeroHedge
- Trump Has Syphilis? | ZeroHedge
- Kraft Heinz Withdraws $143 Billion Offer For Unilever, After Warren Buffett Got Cold Feet | ZeroHedge
- Fukushima Aborts Latest Robot Mission Inside Reactor; Radiation At "Unimaginable" Levels | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Explains The Stakes For Trump And All Of Us | ZeroHedge
- "Welcome To Democracy" SecDef Mattis Confirms Military Steadfast Amid White House Chaos | ZeroHedge
- What Is Good for the Dollar Is Bad for Gold | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump cited a nonexistent incident in Sweden... | Business Insider
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- These are the 4 best sound bars you can buy | Business Insider
- Famous last words of 19 famous people | Business Insider
- Trump launches another blistering attack on media while he and chief... | Business Insider
- An investor in Twitter, Slack and Tumblr explains the power of 'goosebumps... | Business Insider
- Meet the man who ran Obama's unprecedented clemency... | Business Insider