Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greenspan: "This Is The Worst Period I Recall; There's Nothing Like It" | ZeroHedge
- Google Searches For "Buy Gold" Soar 500% After Brexit | ZeroHedge
- BAML Admits Wrongdoing, Agrees To Pay $415 Million For "Misusing Customer Cash To Generate Profits" | ZeroHedge
- "Today Is The Appetizer For Monday" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sees A UK Recession, Shocked By A Fed "Tightening Cycle Unlike Any In Modern History" | ZeroHedge
- Charts: MASSIVE Speculative Bets on Gold - Bremain Vote Could Lead to Major Selloff | Financial Sense
- Calls For Texas Independence Surge After Brexit Vote | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'There's always turmoil': Trump plays down post-Brexit market... | Business Insider
- 7 simple tips for charging your iPhone as quickly as possible | Business Insider
- How lesbians became Subaru's 'perfect customers' | Business Insider
- 3 reasons Brexit does not portend a Trump victory — and one reason to worry | Business Insider
- McAuley own goal sends Wales into Euro 2016 last eight | Business Insider
- Wall Street is turning its back on Elon Musk | Business Insider
- THE DRONES REPORT: Market forecasts, regulatory barriers, top vendors, and... | Business Insider