Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Massive Explosion Rocks Budapest, Multiple Injuries, Heavy Police Presence | ZeroHedge
- Truth in Numbers | Financial Sense
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Dead People Are Voting In The Key Swing State Of Colorado | ZeroHedge
- A Crashing Deutsche Bank Scrambles To Assure Markets That It Is "Fine" | ZeroHedge
- Nate Silver: 51.1% Chance Of Trump Winning If Election Held Today | ZeroHedge
- US Navy Sailor Threatened With Jail After Breaking Regulation By Refusing To Stand For National Anthem | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's respect for Donald Trump has collapsed over three years | Business Insider
- The massive glass towers where new Volkswagens... | Business Insider
- Why this biotech startup is going after rare neurological... | Business Insider
- Trump and Clinton are set to face off in what's expected to be the... | Business Insider
- This under-the-radar company is making tons of great tech gadgets that rival... | Business Insider
- A brief history of the beloved Volkswagen microbus | Business Insider
- The guy who created the iPod and started Nest thinks Detroit is doing it all wrong (F, GM... | Business Insider