Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Credit Gradient | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap August 28, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Consumer Sentiment Bounces Back for August | Financial Sense
- Small Cap Relative Strength | Financial Sense
- Who Is Short Treasurys? (Spoiler: Pretty Much Everyone) | ZeroHedge
- Taupe: It’s Not Just For The Oval Office Anymore | ZeroHedge
- In the Count Room for This Sector | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I Ate Brain Candy For A Week To Make Myself Smarter And More Alert | Business Insider
- Personal Spending Unexpectedly Falls (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- JOB OF THE WEEK: Senior Director, Marketing Technology Solutions | Business Insider
- One Of Samsung's Ads For The New Galaxy Note 4 Disappeared... | Business Insider
- Get Ready For Two More Dismal Economic Data Reports Out Of Europe (... | Business Insider
- STOCKS FALL: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, RSH, F, TM... | Business Insider
- This Woman Who Sold Her First Startup For $1.4 Billion Has Simple Advice For... | Business Insider