Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forget OPEC The Oil Market Is Rebalancing (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Putin Asks: "Is America Now A Banana Republic" | ZeroHedge
- Podesta Email Reveals That Facebook COO "Wants Hillary To Win Badly" | ZeroHedge
- Leaked Memo Exposes Shady Dealings Between Clinton Foundation Donors And Bill's "For-Profit" Activities | ZeroHedge
- Twitter Beats On Revenue And EPS, Cuts 9% Of Workforce As Part Of Business Restructuring | ZeroHedge
- Texas County Enacts "Emergency Paper Ballots" After "Software Glitch" In Voting Machines | ZeroHedge
- How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An out-of-work hedge funder landed a bunch of job interviews with... | Business Insider
- Japan is scrambling a record number of aircraft to shadow... | Business Insider
- US intelligence chief: A 'non-state' actor was... | Business Insider
- IGNITION 2016: This company could become the Pixar of virtual reality | Business Insider
- Here's how much Obamacare premiums are going up in... | Business Insider
- How a tiny budget airline single-handedly turned Iceland into America's... | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know (CMG, LUV, AAPL) | Business Insider