Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Much Further Can Gold Fall? | Financial Sense
- The Ebola Triumverate | iBankCoin.com
- CDC Confirms First Ebola Case Diagnosed In The US, In Dallas Hospital - Press Conference Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- What Just Happened In Today's "Crazy" And Biggest Ever "Window-Dressing" Reverse Repo? | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- "Broad-Based Deceleration" - Case-Shiller Home Prices Tumble Most Since Nov 2011, 3rd Drop In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's "21st Century Socialism": Food Lines For The People, New Cars For The Military | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 Amazing Australian Cities Everyone Needs To Visit | Business Insider
- 20 Young, Beautiful, And Successful Daughters Of Rockstars | Business Insider
- A Developer Created A Brilliantly Innovative New Way To Use The iPhone's Widgets, But... | Business Insider
- Here's Why A Leading Futurist Hopes We Don't Find Life On Mars | Business Insider
- US private sector job growth picks up | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Kobe Bryant Took Another Jab At Former Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni | Business Insider