Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed & "The Grandest Con Job In The History Of The World" | ZeroHedge
- Russian Central Bank Releases 7 Measures It Will Take To Stabilize The Financial Sector | ZeroHedge
- How the Rising Dollar Could Trigger the Next Global Financial Crisis | Financial Sense
- Here's What's Wrong With Corporate America, And The U.S. Economy | ZeroHedge
- Veteran EM Fund Manager Warns "The Youngsters Are About To Be Schooled" | ZeroHedge
- Comstock Suspends Drilling In Eagle Ford Due To Plunging Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Russian Currency Crisis and Defaults Could Create Contagion in West | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Sony hack a 'serious national security matter':... | Business Insider
- Google Is Making Plans To Put The Next... | Business Insider
- High-Momentum Tech Stocks Lead Gains in Fed-Inspired Rally | TheStreet.com
- The Top 10 Skills That Got People Hired This Year, According To... | Business Insider
- The Word 'Disinflation' Is Booming | Business Insider
- Abercrombie Rejected A 17-Year-Old Girl For A Job, And Now The... | Business Insider