Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Everything You Wanted To Know About Equity Market Valuations (And Didn't Know To Ask) | ZeroHedge
- The Global Economy in 2014 – the OECD, Japan, and China | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Number of Banks and Percentage of Problem Banks Over Time | Financial Sense
- Enormous Discrepancy Between Jobs and Employment Continues | Financial Sense
- Market Seasonality and The Fed Are a Powerful Combination | Financial Sense
- Biggest Drop In Personal Income Since Feb 2010 Can't Stop Borrowers Spending, While Savings Rate Plunges | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wall Street Economist Predicts Exactly How Stocks Will Move In The First Half... | Business Insider
- Why Twitter Is A Huge Threat To YouTube | Business Insider
- CHART: Here Was The Size Of The British Empire As A Percentage Of Total... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- CHART: The United States Will Be A Huge Underdog... | Business Insider
- Curry Compound Kills Cancer Cells | Business Insider
- Google's Employee Christmas Gifts Are Awesome (GOOG) | Business Insider