Nintendo Catches a Break
Shares of Nintendo Co. Ltd. (PINK:NTODY) may have finally hit bottom after reaching the $17 level last week. Today Nintendo shares are on the move, up 8.5% and back above $19.
Nintendo has been wrecked in the past 3 months, losing 1/3 in value and YTD its fallen 47%.
Finally today Mario has something to jump about.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
We called Nintendo a Falling Knife Stock last month and have been on the lookout for a decent entry point. Fellow Masters, we may finally be at that point.
Today's bounce for Nintendo is most likely bottom feeders finally buying up shares. The company has no news out today that support the rally.
As SeekingAlpha.com points out -- The Japanese business press is at a loss for the most part. The Nikkei says it was a rebound after recent heavy selling, i.e. it was oversold, and in fact Nintendo had just hit a 52-week (and multiple year) low on Friday. That’s a reasonable explanation.
However, note that FISCO is reporting the Tokyo Exchange will make a friendly takeover offer for the Osaka Exchange (this development is not new news except that the two reportedly have finally come to an agreement for a merger allowing for the friendly TOB), which fueled expectations of Nintendo being included in the Nikkei 225 Stock Average; it is currently traded on the Osaka Exchange, among the very few with such a large market cap that is.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Properties Around The Globe Just Became Priority Terror Targets, Experts Say | ZeroHedge
- "Having A Vagina Is Not Enough" - One Woman's View Of The Million-Pussy-March | ZeroHedge
- The Six Stages Of Democrat Grief Are Complete | ZeroHedge
- Improving the (Mole) Economy One Broken Window at a Time | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Two Nations... Maybe More!" | ZeroHedge
- How We Got Here | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 22, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HBO's 'The Young Pope' is inspiring lots of hilarious... | Business Insider
- Our exclusive with Colorado's colorful, rising-star governor, the man some... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Google stopped asking these 7 job interview questions because they were... | Business Insider
- Bernie Ecclestone's exit marks the end of an... | Business Insider
- The colossal price to fly a pair of B-2 bombers to hit two ISIS camps in Libya... | Business Insider
- Here's the true story behind those strange... | Business Insider