The market close was not good (TZA)
Today's rally was looking great - up until the last 30 minutes when the sellers came back and sucked the bulls right back into the grid.
It was too good to be true, and telling of how the market will open tomorrow I believe.
We've been trading in this upward price channel for the past month or so, and until we break-out either on the upside or downside, the safest play in my opinion is to trade the ups and downs of this channel with TZA & TNA.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
MASTERY Bottom line: For Thursday, the play is TZA.
Note: I've noticed over the last month a correlation between the day of the week and how the market perfoms. After crunching the numbers it validated my thesis exactly. Monday, Tuesday, Wednsdays = up. Thursday & Friday = down.
See for yourself below, this is for trading days between 08/10/11 and 09/14/11 of the SPY. (Keep in mind this is a very small sample size and who knows how long this will continue) However, based on this info, you want to buy in on Friday afternoon and sell Wednesday Afternoon.
|Day||Count of Up Day||Count of Down Day||Sum of Gain/Loss Percent|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Worst Case If The Oil Slump Continues: "A Profit Recession" | ZeroHedge
- One Of The Most Striking Equity Market Anomalies Explained | ZeroHedge
- Student Debt By Major: What Not To Study To Avoid A Lifetime Of Debt Slavery | ZeroHedge
- ISIS' First Administration Casualty: Chuck Hagel Resigns Under Pressure From Obama | ZeroHedge
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- On Obama and the Nature of Failed Presidencies | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: November 24 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hamilton, Rosberg set for title duel in desert | Business Insider
- Apple's Living Cofounders Reminisce About Its First Computer... | Business Insider
- Here's How Likely Each Poker Hand Is | Business Insider
- Facebook 'newspaper' spells trouble for media | Business Insider
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Tech Executives | Business Insider
- Pacquiao beats Algieri to retain WBO welterweight title | Business Insider
- Here's Why I'm Not Selling My Stocks Even Though I Think Returns Will Be Lousy | Business Insider