The market close was not good (TZA)
Today's rally was looking great - up until the last 30 minutes when the sellers came back and sucked the bulls right back into the grid.
It was too good to be true, and telling of how the market will open tomorrow I believe.
We've been trading in this upward price channel for the past month or so, and until we break-out either on the upside or downside, the safest play in my opinion is to trade the ups and downs of this channel with TZA & TNA.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
MASTERY Bottom line: For Thursday, the play is TZA.
Note: I've noticed over the last month a correlation between the day of the week and how the market perfoms. After crunching the numbers it validated my thesis exactly. Monday, Tuesday, Wednsdays = up. Thursday & Friday = down.
See for yourself below, this is for trading days between 08/10/11 and 09/14/11 of the SPY. (Keep in mind this is a very small sample size and who knows how long this will continue) However, based on this info, you want to buy in on Friday afternoon and sell Wednesday Afternoon.
|Day||Count of Up Day||Count of Down Day||Sum of Gain/Loss Percent|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why We Feel So Poor (In Two Charts) | ZeroHedge
- No Bear Market Signal Yet From Housing | Financial Sense
- Kyle Bass Warns "The Fed Is Backed Into A Corner... Equities Are My Biggest Liquidity Worry" | ZeroHedge
- The Monetary Approach Reigns Supreme | Financial Sense
- Greece Prepares To Leave | ZeroHedge
- Here's Which Emerging Markets Are Most Vulnerable To "External Shock" | ZeroHedge
- BiG DouCHe SPoTTeD... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New Zealand 183 all out in World Cup final | Business Insider
- Crash co-pilot's personality 'serious lead... | Business Insider
- Norway's island prison for violent criminals looks like no prison we've ever seen | Business Insider
- These 7 apps can help you save money right away | Business Insider
- Dominant Hamilton seeks Malaysian Grand Prix win | Business Insider
- There's a simple reason why this top global CEO constantly posts photos on Instagram | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek