The market close was not good (TZA)
Today's rally was looking great - up until the last 30 minutes when the sellers came back and sucked the bulls right back into the grid.
It was too good to be true, and telling of how the market will open tomorrow I believe.
We've been trading in this upward price channel for the past month or so, and until we break-out either on the upside or downside, the safest play in my opinion is to trade the ups and downs of this channel with TZA & TNA.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
MASTERY Bottom line: For Thursday, the play is TZA.
Note: I've noticed over the last month a correlation between the day of the week and how the market perfoms. After crunching the numbers it validated my thesis exactly. Monday, Tuesday, Wednsdays = up. Thursday & Friday = down.
See for yourself below, this is for trading days between 08/10/11 and 09/14/11 of the SPY. (Keep in mind this is a very small sample size and who knows how long this will continue) However, based on this info, you want to buy in on Friday afternoon and sell Wednesday Afternoon.
|Day||Count of Up Day||Count of Down Day||Sum of Gain/Loss Percent|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Shadow Banking | Financial Sense
- Gold Is the Money of Kings, Debt the Money of Slaves | Financial Sense
- A Look at the Coming 30-Year Inflation Cycle | Financial Sense
- New Technology Could End the Debate Over Pipeline Safety | Financial Sense
- A Rare Glimpse Inside The NY Fed's Favorite 'Quote-Stuffing' Hedge Fund: Citadel | ZeroHedge
- 20,000 Pakistan Riot Police Unleash Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets As Protesters Breach PM's Residence, 230 Injured | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Warms to Clean Energy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- It's No Coincidence -- Stocks and Auto Sales Are Both Frothy | TheStreet.com
- CaixaBank to buy Barclays Spain operations | Business Insider
- Williams-Sonoma Earnings: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Apparent Hollywood hack attack nabs stars' nude pix | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek