Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap September 19, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Decline Of America's Economic Model In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- LiBeRTY BeNT OUT oF SHaPe... | ZeroHedge
- Stay Focused | iBankCoin.com
- ISIS Slams "Mule Of The Jews" Obama, Demands Killing Of "Disbelievers" Especially "Filthy French" | ZeroHedge
- PBoC Joins Other Major Central Banks With Unconventional Monetary Policy Action | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong: Capital Herding Into the U.S., Likely to Push Dollar, Stocks Higher Into Next Year | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle's CEO: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- You Can Charge Your iPhone 6 A Lot Faster If You Use An iPad Charger Instead (... | Business Insider
- 14 Classic Business Books You Can Download For Under $5 | Business Insider
- Millennials Are Getting Something Very Right About Money And Happiness | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg Is Annoying His Neighbors With The Fortress-Like Home... | Business Insider
- Firefighter Dies After Being Shocked By A Power Line During The Ice Bucket... | Business Insider
- Physicists Make Big Leap In Quantum Teleportation | Business Insider