Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Strategy for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- The Earnings Season: "House Of Cards" | ZeroHedge
- Why Putin Is Smiling At The Bond Market's Blockade Of Russia | ZeroHedge
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks Acting Like a Professional Today | iBankCoin.com
- This Raises a Few Eyebrows | iBankCoin.com
- Jim Rickards on the Death of Money, China, and Financial Warfare | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- A Couple Asked The Internet To Name Their Child, And The Winning Name Was... | Business Insider
- Here's How Top Retailers Have Built Up An Enormous... | Business Insider
- Load Up on Apple Stock as Android Killer Looms | TheStreet.com
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Nine Out Of 10 Industries Most Often Offer Lower Prices... | Business Insider
- A Horribly Embarrassing Image for Tim Cook and Apple | TheStreet.com