Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Dollar Is Going Up | Financial Sense
- Will Wednesday’s Fed Minutes Spark Sell-Off? | Financial Sense
- Bernanke and the Central Bankers's Worst Nightmare | ZeroHedge
- Stop and Pay Your Respects to These Retail Plays | iBankCoin.com
- Trade Policy and Economic Decline | Financial Sense
- IRS' Lois Lerner Re-Subpoenaed After Accidentally Waiving Her Right To Plead The Fifth | ZeroHedge
- Watch The IRS' Lois Lerner Plead The Fifth - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trading Radar for... | StreetInsider.com
- HP Bets on Google with the Help of Nvidia | TheStreet.com
- IAN BREMMER: The Potential Of America's Energy Revolution Is... | Business Insider
- When To Break It To The Kids That They're Filthy Rich | Business Insider
- Kass: Mr. Market Sings a Happy Song | TheStreet.com
- Beloved Night Spot Pink Elephant Is... | Business Insider
- Why Big Banks Don't Want Your Money Anyway | Business Insider