Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed's Circular Logic Exposed In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Politicians from Both Sides of the Aisle: Corruption Has Destroyed America | ZeroHedge
- The Secret Of All Art (cc Louis CK, Kurt Vonnegut, JK Rowling, Casey Neistat, etc) | Altucher Confidential
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- China’s Stock Markets and Revisiting 2011 Predictions | Financial Sense
- US Police Kill 118 People In July, Highest Monthly Total Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
- President Obama Explains How His "Clean Power Plan" Does Not Make Him "Nation's Greatest Destroyer" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft just bought an app to... | Business Insider
- Washington DC is literally sinking | Business Insider
- Everyone... | Business Insider
- Misery is deepening in Puerto Rico | Business Insider
- US auto sales are on fire (HMC, TM, F, GM, FCAU) | Business Insider
- Cheers as UN irons out roadmap to end poverty | Business Insider
- Puerto Rico defaults on bond payment: Moody's | Business Insider