Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Stays Solid Amid Global Quakes | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile, In Sweden, Banks Are Refusing To Open Savings Accounts | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Surge As ECB Expands QE Monetization Limits, Boost Purchase Threshold From 25% to 33% Per Issue | ZeroHedge
- Dudley Puts the Kibosh on September | Financial Sense
- Oversold Extremes and the Case for an October Low | Financial Sense
- Signs Of Life | iBankCoin.com
- Italy Is "Willing To Temporarily Suspend Schengen" In Response To Refugee Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Over 23 million defective Takata airbags in US: NHTSA | Business Insider
- Zero-hours contracts are exploding in the UK and education is the fastest... | Business Insider
- India's top 'sexpert' still telling it straight at... | Business Insider
- Police: Man huffed keyboard spray after crash as cop... | Business Insider
- There's been no correlation between China's economic... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Fan at Fenway Park hurt trying for foul, leaves on... | Business Insider