Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US-Created System In Iraq Is Collapsing: Protesters Storm Parliament, State of Emergency Declared - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Trump Nomination Odds Hit Record High As Rubio Urges GOP Not To "Ignore The Will Of The People" | ZeroHedge
- The Deutsche Bank Settlement is Meaningless | ZeroHedge
- The SHOCKING Inside Scoop On Being a Guest Writer At Zero Hedge | ZeroHedge
- Junk Economics: Michael Hudson Rages "Wall Street Has Taken Over The Economy.. & Is Draining It" | ZeroHedge
- US Treasury Gives Explicit Warning To China, Germany And Japan Not To Devalue Their Currencies | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These countries could see exploding growth | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- The FBI says it now has the ability to unlock iPhone 5C models | Business Insider
- Here's what it's really like to work for the FBI | Business Insider
- Twitter erupted after Carly Fiorina sang to Ted Cruz's young daughters | Business Insider
- Here's what the modern American teenager looks like | Business Insider
- POWER RANKINGS: Here's who has the best chance at being our next... | Business Insider