Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- About Those "Overly Optimistic" Trump GDP Forecasts, There's Just One Thing | ZeroHedge
- The Great White Hurricane | Financial Sense
- Flynn-Russia-Trump-Markets! | Financial Sense
- A Brief History Of US Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- Is Weakening Breadth Warning of a Pullback or Major Top? | Financial Sense
- Pigs Waiting To Get Slaughtered (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Richard Breslow: "How Much Central Bank Money Has Poured Into The S&P 500?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 8 weirdest things you're actually allowed to bring on... | Business Insider
- 'Off the Wall is a state of mind' — how Vans plans... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- A ‘Game of Thrones’ star has been cast as the lead in ABC... | Business Insider
- This portable charger is a must-have for any iPhone owners with battery-life... | Business Insider
- Amazon drops a hint about how many people are signed... | Business Insider
- We're learning more about the stunning DeMarcus Cousins trade,... | Business Insider