Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Drought? Trump Tells Californians "We're Going To Solve Your Water Problem" | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Unchanged; US Futures Rise Above 2,100 As Traders Celebrate Memorial Day | ZeroHedge
- Homeland Insecurity | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why All Pension Funds Are Doomed, Doomed, Doomed | Financial Sense
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- Grant Williams Warns Of Looming 'Wealth Tax', Says "Own Physical Gold, Not ETFs" | ZeroHedge
- FEMA Preparing For Magnitude 9.0 Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake, Tsunami | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These eye-tracking heatmaps reveal whether these logo changes were a mistake or... | Business Insider
- China produced nearly eight times more steel... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- 8 questions to ask yourself before you start dating a coworker | Business Insider
- Hurricane season is right around the corner — here'... | Business Insider
- According to Consumer Reports, these are the best cars of 2016 | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (GOOG, AAPL) | Business Insider