Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump May "Stop Enforcing Obamacare's Individual Mandate" | ZeroHedge
- El-Erian Warns "Investors Are Underestimating Sudden Policy Shifts" | ZeroHedge
- Peso Tumbles As Mexican President Warns "Will Take Immediate Actions To Defend Interests... Doesn't Believe In Walls" | ZeroHedge
- Being Ignored Can Be A Blessing | ZeroHedge
- 49 | Altucher Confidential
- MeeT FaKe NeWS BoB... | ZeroHedge
- Nomi Prins Warns Financial Crash From Epic Debt, Asset Bubbles "Possible In Last Quarter 2017" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Facebook is trying to get people psyched about its $3 billion bet on virtual... | Business Insider
- 'Suicide Squad' director admits he made mistakes on... | Business Insider
- US fintechs are lobbying for access to customer data | Business Insider
- Here’s the latest indication that Apple’s next iPhone will have a... | Business Insider
- Amazon is flirting with paid search on Alexa (AMZN) | Business Insider
- 'We won't tell the press what's in that letter':... | Business Insider
- Ethics watchdog group files first major lawsuit against Trump in... | Business Insider