Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EUR Jumps And Dumps, Stocks Slide As Draghi Suggests Nothing Lasts Forever | ZeroHedge
- Trump Pledges To Accept Election Day Result, If... | ZeroHedge
- East Vs. West Division Is About The Dollar - Not Nuclear War | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks, US Futures Modestly Higher As Debate Digested, Draghi Eyed | ZeroHedge
- German City Mayor Warns Government Of "Massive Crime Problems...Blacks Are In Charge Of The Town" | ZeroHedge
- Who Is Buying? Another $5 Billion Pulled From US Equity Funds, Outflows In 6 Of Past 7 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases Part 13 Of Podesta Data Dump; Total Emails Released Is Now 23,423 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama is encouraging people to vote early — here's what you need to know... | Business Insider
- 24 striking photos of international borders from around the world | Business Insider
- Lyft just hired its first-ever strategy chief to help it beat Uber | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- This is Nintendo's new video game console | Business Insider
- These are the implications of a 'hard Brexit' | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right... | Business Insider