Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Who Is Behind The Riots? Charlotte Police Says 70% Of Arrested Protesters Had Out Of State IDs | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- THe 9-11 VeTo | ZeroHedge
- Siding With Saudi Arabia, Obama Vetoes Sept 11 Bill Passed Unanimously In Congress | ZeroHedge
- Why Europe Secretly Roots For Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- Extensive Immigration Study Finds Impact On "Aggregate Wealth Of Natives Is, At Best, A Wash" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new video shows the moments before and after Charlotte police fatally... | Business Insider
- The August earthquake in Italy caused at... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Watch 2 stealth F-117 jets fly over Nevada 8 years after 'retirement' | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Saudi Arabia has proposed a major compromise to its rival | Business Insider