Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Purposeful Show of Russian Force | Financial Sense
- Echo Boomers Will Fire Up Housing Market | Financial Sense
- Something "Unexpected" Happened When Seattle Raised The Minimum Wage | ZeroHedge
- Dear Congress: Have You Received Money From These Pharma Companies | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Churn as Earnings & Election Anxiety Grows | Financial Sense
- Another Cog In The Exploding Resentment Wheel | ZeroHedge
- Trump Slams Clinton Foundation As "Most Corrupt Enterprise In Political History" After Latest Donor Revelations | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A massive T-Rex skull was just unearthed in Montana | Business Insider
- The most attractive jobs in New York, according to Tinder swipes | Business Insider
- Your coffee habits may be partially genetic | Business Insider
- A startup founded by 2 college friends is turning mushrooms into... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about HBO's next big show — 'Westworld' | Business Insider
- Domino's will be delivering pizza using drones by the end of the... | Business Insider
- A 'potentially significant market shift' is happening in housing | Business Insider