Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A 'Miner' Problem, $2 Billion In Negative Working Capital | ZeroHedge
- 3 Charts To Prove That 'Shadow Banking' Could Collapse The Entire Financial System | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
- Ben Bernanke Pens First Blog Post, Defends Fed, Says He "Was Concerned About Seniors" | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Have Peaked… and a Dropping For the First Time since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Margin and Those Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Shooting Reported At Gate Of NSA Headquarters In Fort Meade - Live Stream | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 stunning entries from Smithsonian Magazine's annual photo contest... | Business Insider
- Polling stations re-open in Nigeria after voting... | Business Insider
- Google's Nest thermostats can't work out that the clocks have gone... | Business Insider
- Jihadist chief killed in Tunisia as thousands march | Business Insider
- Philips to sell major stake in LED, car lighting arm... | Business Insider
- We checked out Victor — 'Uber for private jets' — where prices start at... | Business Insider
- A tech millionaire explains how to hire the best people, based on an email exchange he had... | Business Insider