Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japan Issues Highest Alert, Evacuation Warnings After Volcano "Explosively" Erupts - No Injuries Reported | ZeroHedge
- Emergency Powers Give Barack Obama Authority Over Just About Everything During A Major National Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Another Look at the Year Five Phenomenon | Financial Sense
- Virtu Revenue In Peril: Reuters, BATS Launch Crackdown On Algo FX Manipulation | ZeroHedge
- A Global Debt Deleveraging It At Our Doorstep | ZeroHedge
- Housing Data Rebounds; Walmart Disappoints | Financial Sense
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Google unveils Android Pay in fresh challenge to Apple | Business Insider
- S. Korea industrial output slumps further in April | Business Insider
- The success rates of 'test tube babies' are nowhere near what people... | Business Insider
- Nadal, Djokovic, Serena eye Paris last-32 | Business Insider
- The new David Foster Wallace movie is much more than a biopic | Business Insider
- Samsung is being left behind in the... | Business Insider