Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Greek "White Knight" Emerges: Putin To Give Athens €5 Billion For Advance Gas Pipeline Fees | ZeroHedge
- How Belief in Mainstream News Propaganda Affects Belief in Gold & Silver Propaganda | ZeroHedge
- The World Has Gone M.A.D. | ZeroHedge
- The ECB Is Considering A Parallel Greek Currency | ZeroHedge
- Coming to Terms With the American Empire | Financial Sense
- A Full Analysis and Step-by-Step Guide for EU Area Residents To Aid In Escaping the Upcoming Bank Bail-ins & Capital Controls | ZeroHedge
- 2007 All Over Again? Let Us Count The Ways (And Remember What Happened Then) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama says 'no greater threat to planet than climate... | Business Insider
- America's West Coast ports are booming again | Business Insider
- Science explains why everything you've heard about eating meat is wrong... | Business Insider
- 20 years after the... | Business Insider
- How Steve Jobs became the greatest businessman the world has ever known (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Yet another sign the job market is tilting in favor of workers | Business Insider
- Intense Yemen bombing, Qaeda attack after UN peace call | Business Insider