Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Breaking Bad (Debt) - Episode One | ZeroHedge
- Fed Independence Is A Joke, So Why Not Audit? | ZeroHedge
- Self-Aware? World's Largest Hedge Fund Shifts Strategy To Artificial Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- Did the Dollar Get its Groove Back? | ZeroHedge
- How Much Crude Oil Do You Consume on a Daily Basis? | Financial Sense
- Changing Trends: Stocks, Bonds, Gold, the U.S. Dollar, and Oil | Financial Sense
- The Trojan Horse Battle for the Euro | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a terrifying place called Snake Island that's home to... | Business Insider
- Here's the one thing that went wrong for Berkshire... | Business Insider
- Amazing color photos of the Hindenburg Zeppelin show what... | Business Insider
- For tech entrepreneurs in Silicon Beach, surfing is the new golf | Business Insider
- Memorial rally in Moscow for slain Russian opposition... | Business Insider
- The company behind one of the best Android phones is launching a fitness band for... | Business Insider
- Root's ton lifts England to 309-6 against Sri... | Business Insider