Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The December Jobs Number May Really Be The "Most Important Ever" | ZeroHedge
- Volume-less, Range-less 'Market' Sparks Largest Small-Cap Short-Squeeze In 2 Months | ZeroHedge
- With Mass Shootings, The State Makes Us Less Safe | ZeroHedge
- Why We’re Sliding Towards World War | ZeroHedge
- THaNKSGiViNG 2015... | ZeroHedge
- Oil Jobs Lost: 250,000 And Counting, Texas Likely To See Massive Layoffs Soon | ZeroHedge
- Giving "Thanks" To The Fed - Holiday Dinner Has Never Been More Expensive | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I tried a $99 per month service that gave me unlimited access to luxury dresses and I... | Business Insider
- Romo knocked out vs Carolina with another collarbone... | Business Insider
- UK's Osborne sharpens axe for austerity spending plan | Business Insider
- AP Interview: US must address waste, fraud in Afghan aid | Business Insider
- Turkey releases recording of warnings to Russian plane | Business Insider
- Actor Paul Walker's father sues Porsche over fatal... | Business Insider
- A's acquire Jed Lowrie from Astros for minor league... | Business Insider