Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FBI Arrests State Department Employee For Spying For China | ZeroHedge
- Konstantin Richter: "The Dirty Dozen" - 12 'Things' That Ruined The EU | ZeroHedge
- Iran's President Rouhani Visited Russia: Another Step To A Multipolar World | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Slams Trump In First Post-Election-Loss Speech: "Resist, Insist, Persist, Enlist" | ZeroHedge
- Why US Home Prices May Get More Expensive This Year | Financial Sense
- SNAP Cracks As Facebook Adds "Stories" | ZeroHedge
- Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Faces Russian Arrest Warrant | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spiders eat up to 800 million tons of prey each year, more than all humans weigh | Business Insider
- This ex-Microsoft exec is charged with making programmers love Google (GOOG, GOOGL... | Business Insider
- Top Democrat tears into House Intel chair Devin Nunes: '... | Business Insider
- North Korea appears to be in final stages of... | Business Insider
- Emma Watson revealed one of Belle's iconic 'Beauty and... | Business Insider
- There's a dark side to egg freezing that no one is talking about | Business Insider
- More and more Brits are applying for German citizenship since the... | Business Insider