Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Fed Pauses Printing, Total World Debt Tops $100 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Ends QE; Reiterates "Considerable Time" for Low Rates | Financial Sense
- In Memoriam: Abenomics | ZeroHedge
- Making Some Adjustments to Long Term Portfolio | iBankCoin.com
- Putin To Western Elites: Play-Time Is Over | ZeroHedge
- How Long Can The Shale Revolution Last? | ZeroHedge
- As Eric Holder Supports "Wholesale Change" In Ferguson PD, This is What Is Happening In Philly | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- British press fights 'Big Brother' after sources... | Business Insider
- STOCKS RALLY, GOLD TUMBLES: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Hitachi profit nearly triples, raises full-year forecast | Business Insider
- Burkina opposition slams army 'coup' | Business Insider
- Remember When A Hedge Fund Impounded Argentina's War Ship...... | Business Insider
- A Hedge Fund Manager Vanished After Credit Suisse Accidentally Wired Him $1.5 Million... | Business Insider
- Keep People From Swiping To Other Photos With This... | Business Insider