Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The End Result of the Fed’s Cancerous Policies and When It Will Hit | ZeroHedge
- Bloodmoon Meltdown | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Runners For Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- It’s Official: America is an Oligarchy and NOT a Democracy or a Republic | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Troops, APCs Storm Occupied Slavyansk | ZeroHedge
- Homebuilder Confidence Misses For 4th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- No End to Central Bank Meddling as ECB Embraces ‘Quantitative Easing’, Faulty Logic | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Satya Nadella Just Launched Microsoft Into A New $1.6 Trillion Market (MSFT) | Business Insider
- This Map Of The Most Competitive States In America Is A Joke | Business Insider
- 3 Easy Ways To Give Your Brain A Break During The Workday | Business Insider
- Today Is Bicycle Day — Here Are The World's 20 Best Cities For Cyclists | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Sunday's 'Game Of Thrones' Was The Second-Most Watched Episode... | Business Insider
- Stocks Rallying (SPX, SPY, DIA, DJI, QQQ, TLT, GLD) | Business Insider