Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Plans Military Exercise in South China Sea | Financial Sense
- Leaked DNC Emails Confirm Democrats Rigged Primary, Reveal Extensive Media Collusion | ZeroHedge
- Mark Cuban Apologizes To World: "Americans Are Nothing Like Trump" | ZeroHedge
- Fund Managers at Highest Cash Levels in 14 Years | Financial Sense
- Former Fed Governor Admits "Fed Is Not Data Dependent; It Is Propping Up Asset Markets" | ZeroHedge
- "End of the Game" Near as Corporate Defaults Surge Across the Globe, Says Expert | Financial Sense
- S&P Warns of Rising Global Default Wave | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are all the musicians Donald Trump and the GOP has pissed off | Business Insider
- UK police: Nearly 6,200 hate crimes reported in the month... | Business Insider
- How to convince anyone you're a good listener | Business Insider
- Mobile ad revenue on apps in Asia surpasses mobile web | Business Insider
- UN thinks internet access is a human right | Business Insider
- There's a major security flaw in Apple's iOS — update your iPhone... | Business Insider
- Officials are now investigating what might be the first 2 cases of... | Business Insider