Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Big Four Economic Indicators Show Possible Rollover | Financial Sense
- Tennessee Woman Sentenced To Jail For Not Mowing Her Lawn | ZeroHedge
- SHHHH, IT’S VIX SEASON | iBankCoin.com
- HeLLo, My NaMe Is DR EBoLa... | ZeroHedge
- Hong Kong Chief: Can't Have Democracy Or The Poor Will Have A Say | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, This Is Who Is Quietly Buying All The Cheap Oil | ZeroHedge
- The “New Normal” in EM Ex-China | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's Finally A Real Hoverboard, And You Can Pre-Order It Today For $10,000 | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 10/... | StreetInsider.com
- 'The Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Leaks Online A Week... | Business Insider
- Two die in Sierra Leone riot sparked by Ebola tests | Business Insider
- Doug Kass: Why Does Warren Buffett Still Own Coke and IBM? | TheStreet.com
- People Who Felt Tricked Into Thinking Vitaminwater Was A... | Business Insider
- Most Of The World's Billionaires Made Their Money In These 5 Industries | Business Insider