Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Back Then I Was A True Believer" - How A Military Officer's Life Changed Forever 13 Years Ago | ZeroHedge
- UN Rules WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Being Detained Unlawfully | ZeroHedge
- All Job Gains Since December 2007 Have Gone To Foreign-Born Workers | ZeroHedge
- You Get What You Deserve | ZeroHedge
- The "Minimum Wage" Surged In 6 Cities Last Year; Then This Happened | ZeroHedge
- New Poll Shows Clinton, Sanders Tied - Hillary's Lead Evaporates In 6 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- Anti-Goldilocks Jobs Data Sends S&P Back Into Correction | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A photographer got an exclusive look at Elizabeth Taylor's home, clothing, and... | Business Insider
- A man was arrested after flying his drone into the Empire State... | Business Insider
- This is the best college in America to attend if you want to make a high... | Business Insider
- 24 signs you have a terrible boss | Business Insider
- How NBA star Steph Curry hacks his nervous system | Business Insider
- MICHAEL KORS CEO: This is why brick-and-mortar retailers are doomed | Business Insider
- At least 11 dead and hundreds more injured after magnitude 6.4 earthquake strikes... | Business Insider