Novo Nordisk: The Road to Billions
Novo Nordisk (NYSE:NVO) could be the one stock to own for 2013. If they are successful at making the world's first insulin pill for diabetes patients they will make countless billions for the years to come. They say the odds of success are 50/50 at this point and its worth reviewing for potential investors.
The story was published in BusinessWeek (click to read) earlier this month, its worth your time. Imagine a world of no needles and pain for taking insulin, patients would glady throw away the syringe if possible. Fellow Masters NVO trades just under $140 a share and is 8% from its 12 month high.
Its an insane process to deliver insulin in pill form. When swallowed, insulin embarks on a journey through the stomach and the intestines, where it faces the assault of acids and enzymes. It must then cross the gut wall, usually accessible only to smaller particles known as amino acids, to reach the bloodstream and travel to the liver. However the fun continues, Novo also must extend the hormone’s ability to stay in the bloodstream (which its scientists think they’ve solved) and boost its capacity to be absorbed by the body (which they have not).
Novo will know which of its oral insulin candidates is ready for mid-stage clinical development by late 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Good On You, Greece - But Don’t Waver Now (Part 2) | ZeroHedge
- June Payrolls Increase By 223K, Less Than Expected; Unemployment Rate Drops To 5.3% | ZeroHedge
- "It Could Never Happen Here" - America Is Not Greece | ZeroHedge
- Barack Obama Tells Another Whopper - He Did Not Create 12.8 Million Jobs | ZeroHedge
- What It All Comes Down To On Sunday | ZeroHedge
- A Beginning but No End | Financial Sense
- Plunge In Export Prices Is Now Worse Than The Great Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Female suicide bomber kills 12 in Nigeria mosque:... | Business Insider
- A company spun out of Alibaba is now worth as much as $50... | Business Insider
- China's slowdown is bad news for the world's big industrial exporters | Business Insider
- India's adoption industry faces reform | Business Insider
- Uber is suspending one of its services in France after taxi drivers rioted in the... | Business Insider
- Etsy shares have plunged to an all-time low (ETSY) | Business Insider