On to the next one
This has been the summer of short squeezes. Here are 3 more candidates to add to your radar. They are Akorn (AKRX), The Fresh Market, Inc. (TFM) and Terex Corp (TEX).
Akorn (AKRX) Short Float: 17%
Akorn has a sweet looking chart, having risen 130% in the last year. That's why the bears think it's time for a rest. Maybe it does need a rest, but one thing is for sure - Akorn has momentum, and the the growth to back it up. Look for shares to break $20 if the Bio-tech freight train keeps rolling.
Over the past 12 months Akorn Inc (AKRX) shares have traded between $6.63 and its 52-week high of $16.7. Akorn Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 36.4 and EPS of 0.43.
The Fresh Market, Inc. (TFM) Short Float: 21%
The Fresh Market is Whole Foods (WFM) red-headed step child. Whole Foods needs some healthy competition, and TFM is up to the challenge. The East-Coast company is about to take California by storm with plans for growth. It expects to open its first store in the state either late this year or early 2013.
This is a great stock because it has short term and long term hold potential. If you haven't noticed, health food stocks such as WFM, TFM, GNC, even JMBA have been on a tear lately.
Unfortunately, it is trading at the middle of its ascending channel - we think shares will trade up to $60 by the end of the month, but watch out if price falls beneath the 50 day moving average, currently at $52.17.
Over the past 12 months Fresh Market Inc (TFM) shares have traded between $30.86 and its 52-week high of $59.1. Fresh Market Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 46.9 and EPS of 1.19.
Terex Corp (TEX) Short Float: 15%
Not much to say about Terex Corp - they make Farming Equipment. Not very sexy. However, it gets the job done during a short squeeze.
Over the past 12 months Terex Corp (TEX) shares have traded between $9.3 and its 52-week high of $28.37. Terex Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 36.8 and EPS of 0.5.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Jul 29, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Spread Thin — How the Fed Manipulates Financial Spreads | Financial Sense
- David Stockman Warns "2008 Was Just Spring-Training For What Comes Next" | ZeroHedge
- Why Pokemon Go Scares Middle Eastern Governments | Financial Sense
- Bill Gross Slams "Clueless Fed" Over 1.2% Growth In 12 Months | ZeroHedge
- Sovereign Debt Downgrades Accelerate in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Democrats Skewer Trump With Barrage Of "Burns" Which He Brushes Off As "Empty Rhetoric" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It looks like Al Qaeda is 'laying a trap' for the US — and giving Russia... | Business Insider
- There's a new threat in US's overdose epidemic —... | Business Insider
- Happy birthday, NASA —here's a dizzying view of... | Business Insider
- The Russians just gave the Syrian Air Force 10 new jets | Business Insider
- Justin Bieber was reportedly offered $5 million to perform at the... | Business Insider
- The most interesting part of Obama’s speech provided the perfect bookend to his... | Business Insider
- Ford just raised a big red flag about the US car market (F) | Business Insider