On to the next one
This has been the summer of short squeezes. Here are 3 more candidates to add to your radar. They are Akorn (AKRX), The Fresh Market, Inc. (TFM) and Terex Corp (TEX).
Akorn (AKRX) Short Float: 17%
Akorn has a sweet looking chart, having risen 130% in the last year. That's why the bears think it's time for a rest. Maybe it does need a rest, but one thing is for sure - Akorn has momentum, and the the growth to back it up. Look for shares to break $20 if the Bio-tech freight train keeps rolling.
Over the past 12 months Akorn Inc (AKRX) shares have traded between $6.63 and its 52-week high of $16.7. Akorn Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 36.4 and EPS of 0.43.
The Fresh Market, Inc. (TFM) Short Float: 21%
The Fresh Market is Whole Foods (WFM) red-headed step child. Whole Foods needs some healthy competition, and TFM is up to the challenge. The East-Coast company is about to take California by storm with plans for growth. It expects to open its first store in the state either late this year or early 2013.
This is a great stock because it has short term and long term hold potential. If you haven't noticed, health food stocks such as WFM, TFM, GNC, even JMBA have been on a tear lately.
Unfortunately, it is trading at the middle of its ascending channel - we think shares will trade up to $60 by the end of the month, but watch out if price falls beneath the 50 day moving average, currently at $52.17.
Over the past 12 months Fresh Market Inc (TFM) shares have traded between $30.86 and its 52-week high of $59.1. Fresh Market Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 46.9 and EPS of 1.19.
Terex Corp (TEX) Short Float: 15%
Not much to say about Terex Corp - they make Farming Equipment. Not very sexy. However, it gets the job done during a short squeeze.
Over the past 12 months Terex Corp (TEX) shares have traded between $9.3 and its 52-week high of $28.37. Terex Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 36.8 and EPS of 0.5.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit, The E.U., & The "Special Relationship" Of The U.S./U.K. | ZeroHedge
- Biometric Technology, "Brainprints", and the Death of the Password | Financial Sense
- Diving Into Deutsche Bank’s “Passion to Perform” Balance Sheet | Financial Sense
- Bob Janjuah Explains All That Is Wrong With The Financial System (And Remains Bearish) | ZeroHedge
- Policy Uncertainty and Global Equities | Financial Sense
- Bill Clinton Holds 'Private' Meeting With Loretta Lynch As FBI Probes Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Italy Just Bailed Out Another Failed Bank, May Use Pension Funds For Future Bank Rescues | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the only shoes guys need for summer | Business Insider
- A federal judge just dealt a huge blow to pro-life advocates in... | Business Insider
- A 'Star Wars' concept artist has seen the Han Solo spin-off script... | Business Insider
- Microsoft's final Windows 10 upgrade nag is its worst yet — here's... | Business Insider
- Tesla might 'steal' SolarCity (TSLA, SCTY) | Business Insider
- Romanian authorities seized 2.3 tons of cocaine found in... | Business Insider
- Here's 3 reasons you should build your own PC instead of... | Business Insider