On to the next one
This has been the summer of short squeezes. Here are 3 more candidates to add to your radar. They are Akorn (AKRX), The Fresh Market, Inc. (TFM) and Terex Corp (TEX).
Akorn (AKRX) Short Float: 17%
Akorn has a sweet looking chart, having risen 130% in the last year. That's why the bears think it's time for a rest. Maybe it does need a rest, but one thing is for sure - Akorn has momentum, and the the growth to back it up. Look for shares to break $20 if the Bio-tech freight train keeps rolling.
Over the past 12 months Akorn Inc (AKRX) shares have traded between $6.63 and its 52-week high of $16.7. Akorn Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 36.4 and EPS of 0.43.
The Fresh Market, Inc. (TFM) Short Float: 21%
The Fresh Market is Whole Foods (WFM) red-headed step child. Whole Foods needs some healthy competition, and TFM is up to the challenge. The East-Coast company is about to take California by storm with plans for growth. It expects to open its first store in the state either late this year or early 2013.
This is a great stock because it has short term and long term hold potential. If you haven't noticed, health food stocks such as WFM, TFM, GNC, even JMBA have been on a tear lately.
Unfortunately, it is trading at the middle of its ascending channel - we think shares will trade up to $60 by the end of the month, but watch out if price falls beneath the 50 day moving average, currently at $52.17.
Over the past 12 months Fresh Market Inc (TFM) shares have traded between $30.86 and its 52-week high of $59.1. Fresh Market Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 46.9 and EPS of 1.19.
Terex Corp (TEX) Short Float: 15%
Not much to say about Terex Corp - they make Farming Equipment. Not very sexy. However, it gets the job done during a short squeeze.
Over the past 12 months Terex Corp (TEX) shares have traded between $9.3 and its 52-week high of $28.37. Terex Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 36.8 and EPS of 0.5.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
- Multiple Expansion Is Over, Goldman Warns, "US Stocks Will Close 2015 Only 5% Higher" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: November 20 | ZeroHedge
- Breakfast With A Lord Of War | ZeroHedge
- America Throws Up Over Obama's Immigration Executive Action Even Before It Is Announced | ZeroHedge
- You'Ve All HeaRD Of DR I DoN'T NO: INTRoDuCiNG DR YeS... | ZeroHedge
- Neo-Feudalism Has Officially Arrived – Congressman Suggests Building A Moat Around White House | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here Are 5 Big Things Paul Krugman Says He Got Wrong Over The Years | Business Insider
- UN global meet on malnutrition kicks off in Rome | Business Insider
- THE SOCIAL-COMMERCE REPORT: Social Networks Are Driving More Online Sales And... | Business Insider
- Giancarlo Stanton's Historic Contract Is A Bad Sign For The Future Of The... | Business Insider
- How A Five-Year-Old Startup Is Winning Deals... | Business Insider
- Here's Everything Google Knows About You | Business Insider
- MUNSTER: Apple's iPhone 6 Sales Are Going Be Stronger For Even Longer Than People Are... | Business Insider