On to the next one
This has been the summer of short squeezes. Here are 3 more candidates to add to your radar. They are Akorn (AKRX), The Fresh Market, Inc. (TFM) and Terex Corp (TEX).
Akorn (AKRX) Short Float: 17%
Akorn has a sweet looking chart, having risen 130% in the last year. That's why the bears think it's time for a rest. Maybe it does need a rest, but one thing is for sure - Akorn has momentum, and the the growth to back it up. Look for shares to break $20 if the Bio-tech freight train keeps rolling.
Over the past 12 months Akorn Inc (AKRX) shares have traded between $6.63 and its 52-week high of $16.7. Akorn Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 36.4 and EPS of 0.43.
The Fresh Market, Inc. (TFM) Short Float: 21%
The Fresh Market is Whole Foods (WFM) red-headed step child. Whole Foods needs some healthy competition, and TFM is up to the challenge. The East-Coast company is about to take California by storm with plans for growth. It expects to open its first store in the state either late this year or early 2013.
This is a great stock because it has short term and long term hold potential. If you haven't noticed, health food stocks such as WFM, TFM, GNC, even JMBA have been on a tear lately.
Unfortunately, it is trading at the middle of its ascending channel - we think shares will trade up to $60 by the end of the month, but watch out if price falls beneath the 50 day moving average, currently at $52.17.
Over the past 12 months Fresh Market Inc (TFM) shares have traded between $30.86 and its 52-week high of $59.1. Fresh Market Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 46.9 and EPS of 1.19.
Terex Corp (TEX) Short Float: 15%
Not much to say about Terex Corp - they make Farming Equipment. Not very sexy. However, it gets the job done during a short squeeze.
Over the past 12 months Terex Corp (TEX) shares have traded between $9.3 and its 52-week high of $28.37. Terex Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 36.8 and EPS of 0.5.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Wheelbarrow Economics | ZeroHedge
- Fed Officials Come Looking for a Fight | Financial Sense
- "I Am Not Your Experiment" - Thousands Around The World Protest GMO Giant Monsanto | ZeroHedge
- Do These Charts Reveal That The Next Chinese Yuan Devaluation Is Right Around The Corner? | ZeroHedge
- Trump Goes For Hillary's Jugular: Releases Video Featuring Bill Clinton Rape Accusers | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Scariest Chart Out There? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the big winners on Wall Street from... | Business Insider
- Venezuela owes Indian drug companies millions — and they've come up with a... | Business Insider
- 12 science experiments you can see every day in your kitchen | Business Insider
- Trump might not really be bringing an influx of new GOP voters to the... | Business Insider
- DEUTSCHE BANK: The US dollar is looking cheap | Business Insider
- Tech billionaire Sean Parker may be building a megamansion in New York City... | Business Insider
- Seth Rogen promises 'Preacher' will stay true to its highly controversial... | Business Insider