Playing With Paycheck Loan Stocks
Stock market players are always looking for great investments, and some are turning to public payday lending companies like American Cash Advance. However, others think this investment is risky due to the negative regulation of the industry. Proponents and investors in these companies believe they have a niche in a capitalistic society that needs cash flow to run smoothly. Opponents argue that they are too unregulated and can cause further financial trouble to people who take them out.
Investors have assumed that the fact that people take out payday loans when they are short of cash, means they are a recession-proof industry. Since few markets are performing well and many experts fear a recession, public payday lending companies become more attractive. In fact, they did see some good returns on public payday lending companies before regulators started forcing the closing of payday lending shops in different states. Proponents argue that the people hurt by these regulations are the borrowers who have no other vehicle to get no credit check loans when times are tight. This, they believe, will worsen economic conditions - not just for poor, low income, people - but also for businesses that rely on their buying habits.
Opponents of the payday lending industry have gotten much hearsay in the media and Congress. No matter how much they regulate the industry, it is widely noticed that customers continue to use these forms of loan regularly. The more regulation they place on an industry the more the public lending stocks are impacted. With so few places for investors to put their money in the stock market and expect a good short-term return, this may actually worsen things on the stock market exchange. However, they hope that in the long run consumers of these products will benefit.
Nearly everyone interacts with a financial services business. For some it's through credit card or automatic teller transactions. For others it's via electronic checks or at the local check-cashing store.
In 2006, the average daily volume for the NYSE reached 1.83 billion shares worth $43.4 billion, says the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), which tracks financial industry statistics. Figures for 2007 are due in a matter of weeks.
Some 829,700 people worked as brokers or agents at the end of 2006. That's the fourth annual increase and the highest number since 2000, when employment peaked at 836,900.
So fellow Masters, what stocks should you care about and how could you play this industry besides taking a loan?
EZCorp (NASDAQ:EZPW) - Shares around $11 with a 52-week high of $17 and a $460 million market cap.
Dollar Financial Corp.(NASDAQ:DLLR) - Now trading at $27 with a 52-week high of $33 with a $655 million market cap.
Advance America, Cash Advance Centers (NYSE:AEA) - Trading at $8.44 a long way from their 52-week high of $19 and with a $646 million market cap.
Investing in Pay Day loan companies during these tough times may be a great way to keep your money afloat.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SILENCE | iBankCoin.com
- Goodbye Biotech "Growth Bubble"; Hello Pharma "M&A Bubble" - Novartis Enters Fray With $25 Billion In Transactions | ZeroHedge
- Forget Ferrari, The $803,300 Red Flag L5 Is The New Must-Have Car In China | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Banks And 100,000 ‘Outlets’ Selling Gold!! | ZeroHedge
- Turning Points | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap April 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- This is Some Serious Gourmet… | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 13 Everyday Phrases That Actually Came From Shakespeare | Business Insider
- University Begs Students: 'Please Don't Take... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Getting Rich Carefully | TheStreet.com
- Why Plug Power Stock Is Gaining Today | TheStreet.com
- The Woman Who Accused GitHub's Founder Of Harassment Is Slamming The... | Business Insider