Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Compromised Hedge Funder Joins BOE In Revolving Door Roundtrip | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Biggest Paradox Facing The Fed Ahead Of Its Rate Hike Decision | ZeroHedge
- Busiest Day of Q2 Earnings Season | Financial Sense
- If Spending Is Our Military Strategy, Our Strategy Is Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
- Austrian Bad Bank "Black Swan" Bail-In Is Unconstitutional, Austria Declares | ZeroHedge
- What Is The Fair Value Of Gold? | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Open Lower As Margin Debt Tumbles To 4-Month Lows, Regulators Probe Officials' Sales | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Another on-demand startup just turned... | Business Insider
- Samsung Electronics posts 8% fall in Q2 net profit | Business Insider
- This 15-in-1 travel jacket has raised nearly $3 million on Kickstarter | Business Insider
- Windows 10 fixes the disaster that was Windows 8 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- 5 of the most elite special forces in the world | Business Insider
- Facebook just added more daily active users in the US than Twitter added monthly active... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek