Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Needs to Sell Gas More Than EU Needs to Buy It | Financial Sense
- Crimea May (Or May Not) Be Part Of Russia As Of This Moment | ZeroHedge
- High-Probability Of Russian Assault Overnight, Ukraine Pravda Says | ZeroHedge
- EURUSD Surges As Draghi Disappoints Again | ZeroHedge
- How Will Volcker Rule Affect Markets? | Financial Sense
- Safe Havens Are Trouncing Stocks So Far This Year | Financial Sense
- Fed's Dudley "US Dollar Wins"; Bitcoin "Not a Good Store Of Value" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bitcoin's Satoshi Nakamoto Is Reportedly Worth Over $400 Million And Drives A... | Business Insider
- The ECB's Monetary Policy Announcement Will Be Made Shortly — Here's What You Need... | Business Insider
- It Turns Out People Don't Really Surf The Web On Their Smartphones | Business Insider
- Satoshi Nakamoto DENIES Being Bitcoin Founder [REPORT] | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- REPORTER: Here's How I Found The Creator Of Bitcoin | Business Insider
- Cameron Diaz Looks Ridiculous In The First 'Annie' Remake Trailer | Business Insider