Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Central Banks Give "All Clear" To BTFD If French Election Upsets Market | ZeroHedge
- "Everything's Worse" - Where India's Disintegration Is Set To Begin | ZeroHedge
- The Behavior of the Market Actually Has Very Little to do with Trump | Financial Sense
- Yale Psychiatrists Just Warned There Is Something Seriously Wrong With Trump | ZeroHedge
- Existing Home Sales Soar To 10-Year Highs | ZeroHedge
- Will Banks Allow Another Slew Of Oil Bankruptcies? | ZeroHedge
- Voting at the NYC French Consulate | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The North Korea situation is approaching its 'witching hour... | Business Insider
- The betting odds for an anti-euro candidate winning... | Business Insider
- Gunman breaks into Russian FSB office, kills 2... | Business Insider
- These futuristic origami-style utensils should be in every kitchen — check... | Business Insider
- This new 'Game of Thrones' photo of Jon Snow might hint at a... | Business Insider
- Amazon Prime members can get an exclusive discount on Philips Hue bulbs right... | Business Insider
- 'Crumbs are part of who we are': General Mills defends its messy Nature... | Business Insider