Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Six Narratives On The Ascendancy Of Trump | ZeroHedge
- Yahoo's Advice To Trump: Educate Children In Media Literacy To Combat Fake News | ZeroHedge
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
- Hollande Announces He Will Not Run For Re-election As French President | ZeroHedge
- The Bureaucracy Is Now More Powerful Than Congress | ZeroHedge
- The Quality of China’s Yuan Deteriorates – In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Democrats Define Insanity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We got to see how IBM's Watson supercomputer could help diagnose a... | Business Insider
- One detail in the jobs report should unnerve the retail... | Business Insider
- One group of traders is looking forward to a big bump in bonuses | Business Insider
- Why oranges spark when you hold a flame to them | Business Insider
- A 2-minute calculation is all the persuasion you'll need to start investing,... | Business Insider
- 8 signs you're sleep deprived, even if it doesn't... | Business Insider
- The 25 hottest TV shows around the world right now | Business Insider