Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap May 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- The "System" Won't Survive The Robots | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Syrian Al-Qaeda Linked Rebel Who Freely Visited America Last Year | ZeroHedge
- In Today's Layoff News: Microsoft Fires 1,850; Intel Cuts 350; Shell Terminating 2,200 | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Tops $50 For First Time Since October Amid Supply Disruptions | ZeroHedge
- How To Create “Tiny Advantages” And Crush Your Opponents | Altucher Confidential
- How Low Can Gold Go? The Gold Shakeout Continues, Stay The Course! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This wake-up light could make getting out of bed in the mornings a little less painful | Business Insider
- This ridiculously simple product makes tangled earbuds a thing... | Business Insider
- Eerie photos inside a Chinese factory that mass produces Donald Trump... | Business Insider
- Earth's core is 2.5 years younger than its crust due to some eerie physics... | Business Insider
- Consumer packaged goods industry leads the way... | Business Insider
- The cheapest premium smartphone you can buy just got a lot cheaper | Business Insider
- A Mississippi man has been stuck in jail for 11 years because of... | Business Insider