Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
- "Friend & Ally" Or "Barbaric Death Cult" - You Decide | ZeroHedge
- EU Reaches Deal With Turkey, Will Pay €3 Billion To Stem Refugee Outflow But Not Everyone Wants To Pay Up | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
- Europe Will Pay Turkey €3 Billion To Halt Refugee Exodus | ZeroHedge
- Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks on Syrian Refugees | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RANKED: the best fast food in America | Business Insider
- AD says Miles to stay, LSU beats Texas A&M 19-7 | Business Insider
- Wilson's 5 TDs lead Seattle past Pittsburgh 39-30 | Business Insider
- 15 clever gifts for cat fanatics | Business Insider
- Murray one win away from ending Britain's 79-... | Business Insider
- Kiwis rampant in pink ball Test to wreck Aussie innings | Business Insider
- 'It's similar to North Korea': Inside ISIS's sophisticated strategy to... | Business Insider