Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- The Crocodile Jaws Spring Open Again, Preparing To Bite | ZeroHedge
- Sweden Deploys Army, Air Force, Navy Near Stockholm Over Reported Damaged Russian Sub; Moscow Denies | ZeroHedge
- Hedge Funds Have Worst Week Since 2011: Here Are The Best And Worst Performers In October And 2014 | ZeroHedge
- The Wrong Idea About Inflation | Financial Sense
- Neutralized into the Bell | iBankCoin.com
- "Anti-Petrodollar" CEO Of French Energy Giant Total Dies In Freak Plane Crash In Moscow | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After Years Of Success, Mind Candy CEO Speak Out About The... | Business Insider
- McDonald's Franchisees Say The Company Is Bankrupting Them | Business Insider
- Blind's late leveller rescues draw for United | Business Insider
- Novelty Glasses Entrepreneurs Get Laughed At, But Still Land A $300,000 Investment On... | Business Insider
- Transgender troops seek end to US military taboo | Business Insider
- This Sleek, Impressive, High-Tech Throwback Is The Latest Sports Car From Mercedes-AMG | Business Insider
- THE DRONES REPORT: Commercial Aerial Drones Are Becoming A... | Business Insider