Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 18 Stats That Prove That Government Dependence Has Reached Epidemic Levels | ZeroHedge
- Further Downside May Be Ahead, Though Long-Term Trend Still Intact | Financial Sense
- New Jobless Claims Plunge to 300K, Much Better Than Forecast | Financial Sense
- It's Time To Retire Gross Domestic Product As A Measure of Prosperity | ZeroHedge
- China Wanted Capitalism But it Also Got Strikes | ZeroHedge
- Whitney Tilson on The Art Of Value Investing | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Liberty Movement Rising | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google Is Planning A $100 Smartphone [Report] (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- It's Time To Stop Being Such A Restaurant Snob | Business Insider
- Ignore the Haters: Marissa Mayer Is Doing Incredibly Well at Yahoo! | TheStreet.com
- GM CEO Mary Barra Launches Product Integrity Group | TheStreet.com
- Why Priceline's CEO Is Completely Wrong About... | Business Insider
- Meet The Six Different Types Of 'Evil' Robots | Business Insider