Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Capping Oil Prices…at Highest Production Levels in History! | Financial Sense
- Why Perry Capital Shut Down: The Full Letter | ZeroHedge
- Largest Dutch Bank To Fire Thousands | ZeroHedge
- US Spending Disappoints In August As Savings Rate Rises For Second Month | ZeroHedge
- How Reuters "Tweaked" Its Latest Poll (Again) To Show A Clinton Lead | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live As Wells CEO John Stumpf Gets Grilled On The Hill Again: Five Things To Look For | ZeroHedge
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I flew on a $61.5 million private jet, and now first class just won't do | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 9 signs people see you as a great leader | Business Insider
- The results are in: Actual scientific polls show a big win for Hillary Clinton in the... | Business Insider
- 4 health benefits of coffee, the most commonly used psychoactive drug in the world | Business Insider
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has lost one of his key lieutenants: Qi Lu (MSFT) | Business Insider