Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buy: $SLCA | iBankCoin.com
- Is This the Beginning of a New Bear Market? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
- Europe: Building a Banking Union | Financial Sense
- Thank You US Taxpayers: Russia-Ukraine Agree Terms On Gas-Supply Through March | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's "Other" Taper: Printing Of New $100 Bills Tumbles By 85% In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Peak Empire 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Reaction Context: Nikkei 225 Is Up 1000 Points In 7 Hours | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everything You Need To Know About Beacons, The Tech Big Retail Is Counting On... | Business Insider
- Nintendo Wants To Get Into The Healthcare Business With A Bedside Sleep Monitor | Business Insider
- Chinese Authorities Are Shocked By The Results Of The... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (GOOG, AAPL, YHOO, GPRO, LNKD,... | Business Insider
- The 50 Best Internships For 2015 | Business Insider
- This Site Wants To Provide Expert Investing Insight Without The Price Tag | Business Insider
- REPORT: 85% Of Small Business Owners Plan To Expand In 2015 | Business Insider