Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Zero Appetite For Risk | iBankCoin.com
- ISM Non-Manufacturing: Continued Growth at a Slower Rate | Financial Sense
- FX Traders Fear "Worst Case Scenario" For Brazil As FinMin Cancels Travel Plans, Rousseff Meets With Lula | ZeroHedge
- America’s Ballooning Student Debt: Lessons Learned From Chile | Financial Sense
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- For The Average American, A Modest 10% Correction Is Now A "Market Crash" | ZeroHedge
- Peak Obedience | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Latest on Bangkok: Suspect is conspirator, not bomber | Business Insider
- Prison ordered for Michigan man in dirty sock deal | Business Insider
- The stock market is making sense for the first time in 3 years (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Rutgers' Kyle Flood will coach opener despite... | Business Insider
- Jefferies hires top UBS exec for Europe trading role | Business Insider
- Child soldier drama makes Netflix award contender | Business Insider
- Federer cruises, Murray struggles, Hewitt says farewell | Business Insider