Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt | Financial Sense
- Biotechs Battered Most In Over A Year; Bullion Bid As Stocks Skid | ZeroHedge
- Capital Controls Arrive: Greece Begins Confiscating Deposits Of "Small Debtors" | ZeroHedge
- Last Minute Tune Ups Before Exodus Launch | iBankCoin.com
- O-MeRiCa... | ZeroHedge
- Trying to Shake a Dour Mood | iBankCoin.com
- China Considers Launching QE; Shanghai Stocks Soar | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There are two, very unequal versions of America happening right now | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- The Nepal earthquake death toll has risen to more than 3,600... | Business Insider
- Tim Cook: We are on the verge of major changes to media, and Apple will... | Business Insider
- Choppers rescue Everest avalanche victims: AFP | Business Insider
- How Richard Branson likes to prank guests on his private... | Business Insider
- Facebook quietly dumped Skype | Business Insider