Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner)
The 500 pound gorillas in the room are the impending U.S. 'Fiscal Cliff' and the creditors waiting to downgrade the United States. These gorillas are more powerful than Cornelius, Dr. Zaius and company. Remember what happened last year when the S&P downgraded the U.S.? The market fell off a cliff and crushed our equities and 401(k)'s. Bullshit.
Recall when we had our worst day of in August of 2011 since the fall of Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis. The S&P downgraded the U.S., we lost our coveted AAA credit rating. It was the first for our country. All three major U.S. stock indexes sank between 5% and 7%, pushing the Dow below 11,000. Stocks tanked around 15% in the two weeks leading up to the downgrade as fear was in the trading air. The threat alone of an impending downgrade wiped out billions from our portfolios.
Fellow Masters if Moody's or S&P throws the U.S. under the bus with a downgrade expect the worse. We really hate reading shit like this and we hope the 2012 election gives the market some reassurance we won't fall of the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Godspeed to us all. If anything, its a moment to pause and look your portfolio and think about adding some stop losses and hedges. Review Gold and Silver are the Perfect Hedge for some trading ideas.
The Epic Chart from Aug 8th 2011:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Calexit: Record Number Of Californians Support Secession, New Poll Finds | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price Up Through 'Key' $1207 Level as 'Brexit Means UK Out of Single Market' | Financial Sense
- Existing-Home Sales for 2016 Best in Decade | Financial Sense
- Saving Retirement | Financial Sense
- For The First Time Ever Russia Beats Saudi Arabia As China's Top Oil Supplier | ZeroHedge
- Ex-WSJ Reporter Finds George Soros Has Ties To More Than 50 "Partners" Of The Women’s March | ZeroHedge
- Man Who Stole $1.6 Million Bucket Full Of Gold In Midtown Manhattan Has Been Captured | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stephen Colbert is hosting the 2017 Emmys | Business Insider
- 'Trump-curious' voters will decide the fate of his presidency | Business Insider
- The New York Stock Exchange is fighting back against its critics | Business Insider
- Microsoft just announced its newest chief technology... | Business Insider
- You won’t recognize the new world of digital payments without... | Business Insider
- An underdog has emerged as the winner of the first round of... | Business Insider
- Harvard is a billionaire making machine | Business Insider