Richard Please Save the Dow
If only we could hire Richard Harrow (from HBO's Boardwalk Empire) to execute the idiots responsible for plunging our stocks since last week. In the past four trading sessions the Down Jones has erased 225 points. The S&P has fallen 2.23% since last Friday and its all thanks to negative EU headlines. Volatility has made a triumphant return.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) jumped 3.4% and since Tuesday its up more than 11%. Finally the VXX is off its everyday decline and closed today at $9.57 a share. Today the poison flavor was Spain, fear of a Spailout (so elegantly coined by CNBC) brought stocks down a for a 4th consecutive session. Mind you its been headlines and reactions to 'market experts' that the EU can't get their shit together that has dropped stocks like a Richard's moral after Jimmy was whacked. Profit taking along with negative EU media stories has sunk U.S. equities since last week. Could it be all the high frequency trading that has introduced volatility back into the market? The world will never know.
What we do know is that fear has proved time and time again to rule the market. Fear made its way to the dinner table again and with a looming "Fiscal Cliff" is made our thesis Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner) ring true.
Sorry Masters but the Hip Hop Pool Party for Equities has been brought to a sudden stop. Party's over, everyone out of the pool. The headlines and EU buzz could flip the bullish switch tomorrow then its back to the rally. We wouldn't be surprised to witness that occur given the haircut in stocks we've experienced this week.
That's why we want Richard to come to the rescue and make it all right. The world needs more courageous and righteous people like Richard Harrow. Too bad he's just a fictional character.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saudi Devaluation Bets Surge, Stocks Crash As Debt Deal Falters On 9/11 Legislation Anxiety | ZeroHedge
- The FT Goes Full Fearmonger: Electing Trump "Would Unravel The World" | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 186: Jewel – 10 Lessons I Learned From Jewel | Altucher Confidential
- Bond-Stock Correlation Reaches Record High | ZeroHedge
- Trump Won? His Attacks on the Fed and Politics Need to Go Even Deeper | ZeroHedge
- Dennis Gartman Is "Only Very Slightly Net Long" | ZeroHedge
- "Ominous Shades Of 1987" - HSBC Shows Why 17,992 Is The World's Most Important Number | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the best electric bottle opener you can buy, according to the founder of a... | Business Insider
- A record 84 million TV viewers watched the first... | Business Insider
- These former Apple engineers are building a whole bunch of cool car tech — here's their... | Business Insider
- How to join a conversation without making anyone uncomfortable | Business Insider
- The man fatally shot by California police was... | Business Insider
- Sandwich chain Cosi has filed for bankruptcy... | Business Insider
- 10 expert tricks to break bad habits — and replace them with good ones... | Business Insider