Richard Please Save the Dow
If only we could hire Richard Harrow (from HBO's Boardwalk Empire) to execute the idiots responsible for plunging our stocks since last week. In the past four trading sessions the Down Jones has erased 225 points. The S&P has fallen 2.23% since last Friday and its all thanks to negative EU headlines. Volatility has made a triumphant return.
The iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) jumped 3.4% and since Tuesday its up more than 11%. Finally the VXX is off its everyday decline and closed today at $9.57 a share. Today the poison flavor was Spain, fear of a Spailout (so elegantly coined by CNBC) brought stocks down a for a 4th consecutive session. Mind you its been headlines and reactions to 'market experts' that the EU can't get their shit together that has dropped stocks like a Richard's moral after Jimmy was whacked. Profit taking along with negative EU media stories has sunk U.S. equities since last week. Could it be all the high frequency trading that has introduced volatility back into the market? The world will never know.
What we do know is that fear has proved time and time again to rule the market. Fear made its way to the dinner table again and with a looming "Fiscal Cliff" is made our thesis Next Year Stocks Could Tank (or Sooner) ring true.
Sorry Masters but the Hip Hop Pool Party for Equities has been brought to a sudden stop. Party's over, everyone out of the pool. The headlines and EU buzz could flip the bullish switch tomorrow then its back to the rally. We wouldn't be surprised to witness that occur given the haircut in stocks we've experienced this week.
That's why we want Richard to come to the rescue and make it all right. The world needs more courageous and righteous people like Richard Harrow. Too bad he's just a fictional character.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Wrap: Treasury-Equity Reallocation Trade Pushes Futures Lower, 10 Year Rises To 1.72% | ZeroHedge
- Brazil's Economy Is On The Verge Of Total Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Q4 GDP Advance Estimate at 2.6% Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Another Step Down The Long, Slow Road To IRA Nationalization | ZeroHedge
- Chevron Slashes 23% Of PA Workforce As US Rig Count Collapses To June 2010 Lows | ZeroHedge
- One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other | ZeroHedge
- Gold Falls on Deflation Concerns | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greece says it won't cooperate with its bailout... | Business Insider
- Tens of millions of people are already watching these Super Bowl ads | Business Insider
- These 11 apps and websites will make you miss your childhood | Business Insider
- Robert Kraft's gutsy $175 million investment in the New England Patriots has paid... | Business Insider
- Wanna cheat? Use these apps to make sure you don't get caught | Business Insider
- Inside Hunt & Fish Club, Wall Street’s new favorite steakhouse | Business Insider
- A 'Tinder expert' tells other men how to be more successful on the app | Business Insider