The Stock Under $1 Today is Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD)
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD) shareholders are not pleased today with the company's 2011 loss estimate. Rite Aid shares are down 13% on the news and trading at 95 cents. The volume is already 2X the daily average as the selling continues on Rite Aid, at one point its stock hit 93 cents.
Rite Aid had nothing positive to report this morning, to sum it up -- since 2007 the company's net loss is more than $4.7 billion.
Mastery Sponsors - Scoobitty Scrappity - Become one Today
Here are the numbers from MarketWatch.com -- Thursday after the No. 3 U.S. drug-store chain increased its fiscal 2011 loss estimate and trimmed its outlook for sales at stores one year. Pennsylvania-based Rite Aid reported a wider second-quarter loss of 23 cents a share, compared to the year-earlier loss of 14 cents, due to costs for new programs associated with its long-running turnaround effort and retiring debt. Rite Aid forecast a fiscal 2011 loss between 46 cents and 67 cents a share. Sales were pegged to be as much as $25.4 billion and same-store sales are targeted to decline as much as 1.5%. Since 2007, Rite Aid has racked up a net loss of more than $4.7 billion.
Fellow Masters, Rite Aid is a falling knife at the moment, we think this stock could re-test its 52-week low of 86 cents. At this point its only a dime away from doing so, thus wait for the selling to subside and more downgrades to come in before buying on the dip -- this stock can go lower.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Timing Is (Not) Everything | ZeroHedge
- Peeling the Consumer off the Floor After the Black Friday Stampede | iBankCoin.com
- In The Third Quarter, The Rich Got Richer By $1.9 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: SBUX Edition | ZeroHedge
- Today's Only Event That Matters | ZeroHedge
- Seeking Guidance...?! | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Dating App Combines The Best Of Tinder And OKCupid | Business Insider
- Mind-Blowing Numbers Aren't The Only Thing... | Business Insider
- One Powerful Chart That Shows The Era Of Deleveraging Is... | Business Insider
- Here's The Moment Barack Obama Shook Hands With The President Of Cuba | Business Insider
- How Google Decimated A $2 Billion Search Business | Business Insider
- Here Are The Only Six 4-Star Restaurants In New York City | Business Insider
- There's A New App That Will Let You Have A Real Doctor's Appointment Using... | Business Insider