The Stock Under $1 Today is Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD)
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD) shareholders are not pleased today with the company's 2011 loss estimate. Rite Aid shares are down 13% on the news and trading at 95 cents. The volume is already 2X the daily average as the selling continues on Rite Aid, at one point its stock hit 93 cents.
Rite Aid had nothing positive to report this morning, to sum it up -- since 2007 the company's net loss is more than $4.7 billion.
Mastery Sponsors - Scoobitty Scrappity - Become one Today
Here are the numbers from MarketWatch.com -- Thursday after the No. 3 U.S. drug-store chain increased its fiscal 2011 loss estimate and trimmed its outlook for sales at stores one year. Pennsylvania-based Rite Aid reported a wider second-quarter loss of 23 cents a share, compared to the year-earlier loss of 14 cents, due to costs for new programs associated with its long-running turnaround effort and retiring debt. Rite Aid forecast a fiscal 2011 loss between 46 cents and 67 cents a share. Sales were pegged to be as much as $25.4 billion and same-store sales are targeted to decline as much as 1.5%. Since 2007, Rite Aid has racked up a net loss of more than $4.7 billion.
Fellow Masters, Rite Aid is a falling knife at the moment, we think this stock could re-test its 52-week low of 86 cents. At this point its only a dime away from doing so, thus wait for the selling to subside and more downgrades to come in before buying on the dip -- this stock can go lower.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Most Ridiculous Charts From Facebook's Quarterly Earnings | ZeroHedge
- Thursday Humor: The Pros & Cons Of Fracking | ZeroHedge
- Greek Credit Risk Spikes, Default Probability Tops 70% | ZeroHedge
- According To Citi, Small Hedge Funds May Have No Choice But To Become Paper Traders On Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Global QE and the Gold Price | Financial Sense
- S&P Gives Up AAPL-Bounce Gains, Dow Negative Post-QE3 | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "If The Fed Stick To Their Script Then The Market Could Be In For A Small Shock" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch John McCain Blow Up At Protesters Heckling Henry Kissinger — 'Get Out Of... | Business Insider
- Microsoft Is About To Deal A Harsh Blow To Android (MSFT, GOOG) | Business Insider
- Malaysia declares MH370 an accident, passengers dead | Business Insider
- The Absurdity of Flex Pharma IPO: 2 Spices and a Veg Net $86M | TheStreet.com
- There Are Plans To Turn JFK's Old London Home Into A £287 Mega-Mansion With An... | Business Insider
- What It's Like When You're An American Using Britain's NHS | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek