The Stock Under $1 Today is Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD)
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD) shareholders are not pleased today with the company's 2011 loss estimate. Rite Aid shares are down 13% on the news and trading at 95 cents. The volume is already 2X the daily average as the selling continues on Rite Aid, at one point its stock hit 93 cents.
Rite Aid had nothing positive to report this morning, to sum it up -- since 2007 the company's net loss is more than $4.7 billion.
Mastery Sponsors - Scoobitty Scrappity - Become one Today
Here are the numbers from MarketWatch.com -- Thursday after the No. 3 U.S. drug-store chain increased its fiscal 2011 loss estimate and trimmed its outlook for sales at stores one year. Pennsylvania-based Rite Aid reported a wider second-quarter loss of 23 cents a share, compared to the year-earlier loss of 14 cents, due to costs for new programs associated with its long-running turnaround effort and retiring debt. Rite Aid forecast a fiscal 2011 loss between 46 cents and 67 cents a share. Sales were pegged to be as much as $25.4 billion and same-store sales are targeted to decline as much as 1.5%. Since 2007, Rite Aid has racked up a net loss of more than $4.7 billion.
Fellow Masters, Rite Aid is a falling knife at the moment, we think this stock could re-test its 52-week low of 86 cents. At this point its only a dime away from doing so, thus wait for the selling to subside and more downgrades to come in before buying on the dip -- this stock can go lower.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deja Vu - Someone Tell The Gold-Manipulating-Machines The Market's Shut | ZeroHedge
- Keynesian Central Banking Is An Economic Scourge: More Evidence From Japan | ZeroHedge
- Will Ukraine Retake the East From Separatists? | Financial Sense
- Movement to Declassify 9/11 Information Gathers Momentum ... 9/11 Commission Chairs and Congressmen Call for Declassification | ZeroHedge
- The Trillion Dollar Bet | iBankCoin.com
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
- The Real Cost Of War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Family Dollar Takeover: The Ball Is in Dollar General’s Court | TheStreet.com
- Apple Has Reportedly Partnered With American Express, Visa, And Mastercard For... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- New test fast-tracks diagnosis for malaria | Business Insider
- The 12 US Cities With The Hardest-Working People | Business Insider
- The Last Known Passenger Pigeon Died 100 Year Ago Today — Here Are 9 Other Animals That... | Business Insider
- The Weekend Is Over In Asia And Stocks Are Mostly Down | Business Insider