The Stock Under $1 Today is Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD)
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD) shareholders are not pleased today with the company's 2011 loss estimate. Rite Aid shares are down 13% on the news and trading at 95 cents. The volume is already 2X the daily average as the selling continues on Rite Aid, at one point its stock hit 93 cents.
Rite Aid had nothing positive to report this morning, to sum it up -- since 2007 the company's net loss is more than $4.7 billion.
Mastery Sponsors - Scoobitty Scrappity - Become one Today
Here are the numbers from MarketWatch.com -- Thursday after the No. 3 U.S. drug-store chain increased its fiscal 2011 loss estimate and trimmed its outlook for sales at stores one year. Pennsylvania-based Rite Aid reported a wider second-quarter loss of 23 cents a share, compared to the year-earlier loss of 14 cents, due to costs for new programs associated with its long-running turnaround effort and retiring debt. Rite Aid forecast a fiscal 2011 loss between 46 cents and 67 cents a share. Sales were pegged to be as much as $25.4 billion and same-store sales are targeted to decline as much as 1.5%. Since 2007, Rite Aid has racked up a net loss of more than $4.7 billion.
Fellow Masters, Rite Aid is a falling knife at the moment, we think this stock could re-test its 52-week low of 86 cents. At this point its only a dime away from doing so, thus wait for the selling to subside and more downgrades to come in before buying on the dip -- this stock can go lower.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The DNC Summarized (In 1 Simple Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Slams "Clueless Fed" Over 1.2% Growth In 12 Months | ZeroHedge
- ExxonMobil Tumbles To 2-Month Lows After Earnings Miss Worst Analyst Expectation | ZeroHedge
- The FOMC Butterfly That Will Ruin The World | ZeroHedge
- Tale of Two Economies: Industrial vs. Consumer | Financial Sense
- Monte Paschi Bailout In Peril As 3 Banks Walk Out: Are More "Pensioner Suicides" Next? | ZeroHedge
- The Full List Of Hillary's Planned Tax Hikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It’s the first week of GameStop’s Summer Sale — these are the best deals right now | Business Insider
- Scientists have found a way to predict whether fisheries are... | Business Insider
- These 10 incredible things happen to our planet every summer — here's why | Business Insider
- 34 things all college kids should do before they graduate | Business Insider
- Here’s why Disney sequels could actually be... | Business Insider
- We tested Buffalo Wild Wings against its biggest competitor — here's the verdict | Business Insider
- Yahoo is killing a feature that oil traders use all the... | Business Insider