The Stock Under $1 Today is Rite Aid (NYSE:RAD)
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD) shareholders are not pleased today with the company's 2011 loss estimate. Rite Aid shares are down 13% on the news and trading at 95 cents. The volume is already 2X the daily average as the selling continues on Rite Aid, at one point its stock hit 93 cents.
Rite Aid had nothing positive to report this morning, to sum it up -- since 2007 the company's net loss is more than $4.7 billion.
Mastery Sponsors - Scoobitty Scrappity - Become one Today
Here are the numbers from MarketWatch.com -- Thursday after the No. 3 U.S. drug-store chain increased its fiscal 2011 loss estimate and trimmed its outlook for sales at stores one year. Pennsylvania-based Rite Aid reported a wider second-quarter loss of 23 cents a share, compared to the year-earlier loss of 14 cents, due to costs for new programs associated with its long-running turnaround effort and retiring debt. Rite Aid forecast a fiscal 2011 loss between 46 cents and 67 cents a share. Sales were pegged to be as much as $25.4 billion and same-store sales are targeted to decline as much as 1.5%. Since 2007, Rite Aid has racked up a net loss of more than $4.7 billion.
Fellow Masters, Rite Aid is a falling knife at the moment, we think this stock could re-test its 52-week low of 86 cents. At this point its only a dime away from doing so, thus wait for the selling to subside and more downgrades to come in before buying on the dip -- this stock can go lower.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pepsi Pulls 12-Packs, 2 Liter Bottles From Philadelphia Stores In Protest Over Soda Tax | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Odd One Out - New Home Sales Spike To 7-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 24 | ZeroHedge
- Hysteria on the Left Over Russia Has Reached a Fevered Pitch | ZeroHedge
- World Out of Whack: Your Attention Please | ZeroHedge
- Death & Taxes... And Debt | ZeroHedge
- THe ReTuRN OF CoMeY THe CLoWN... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Business Insider is hiring a full-time personal finance editor for its Your Money section | Business Insider
- People are showing solidarity with London with a symbol in the style of the Tube logo | Business Insider
- There are 69 new emoji candidates — and we've ranked them all | Business Insider
- Trump's reputation as a dealmaker is on the line... | Business Insider
- Emails show Trump team asked the Pentagon about military vehicles for inauguration,... | Business Insider
- There was an even more insane ending planned for 'Rogue One' we want to see | Business Insider
- The investigation into Paul Manafort is growing | Business Insider