The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Memo To President Trump Or Clinton: The Gold Standard Made America Both Good & Great | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production Rises Slightly | Financial Sense
- "It's Really Broken" - Divergences & Decouplings Dominate Week In Stocks, Bonds, FX | ZeroHedge
- Statistician Warns Americans To "Ignore The Capricious Polls" | ZeroHedge
- Oil’s Biggest Threat: Demand to Peak Within 15 Years | Financial Sense
- NSA Whistleblower: US Intelligence Worker Likely Behind DNC Leaks, Not Russia | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Braces For Revolution After Maduro Blocks Recall Referendum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The author of 'Eat Fat, Get Thin' says there are 3 foods you should avoid | Business Insider
- Privacy is becoming the ultimate luxury for wealthy homebuyers | Business Insider
- The easiest way to tell if your batteries are dead | Business Insider
- The rise of Donald Trump is proof that corporate America's old boys' club is dead | Business Insider
- Europe's lost Mars lander probably 'exploded on impact' — see the photos | Business Insider
- THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek