The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Expands Defense Budget Over 12% To $132 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Bears Tread Carefully, Better Tone Coming | ZeroHedge
- No Raise For You: Earnings Growth Drops To New Post-Lehman Lows | ZeroHedge
- Why Is the Dow Lagging the Broader Market? | Financial Sense
- February Payrolls 175K, Beat Expectations Of 149K, Unemployment Rate Rises To 6.7% | ZeroHedge
- US Probes Terrorist Concerns Over 'Missing' Malaysian Airlines Jet | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market’s New Normal: A Wall of Worry | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Make Sure Your Posts On Secret Stay Anonymous | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Lake Erie Is Turning To Slime [PHOTOS] | Business Insider
- A Bellwether Says The Severe Winter Hurt Advisor Recruitment | Business Insider
- Let's Stop Repeating One Of The Biggest Lies About Startups | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- MOBILE INSIDER: Facebook And China —... | Business Insider