The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Want To Fix The Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | ZeroHedge
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Are "Invisible Americans" The Key Players In This Election? | ZeroHedge
- Real Estate Bubbles: Vancouver, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Munich, and Hong Kong Top List | Financial Sense
- Germany Working On Deutsche Bank Rescue Plan As Lender Sells Unit To Shore Up Liquidity | ZeroHedge
- OilPECalypse Sparks Stock-Buying Panic | ZeroHedge
- The Brave New World of Human Cloning | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stephen Colbert points out the hypocrisy of 'technically... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- FBI: US likely to face higher risk of ISIS-inspired... | Business Insider
- The US military is asking for 8,000 more Marines | Business Insider
- Robo-advisors are gaining popularity with high-net-worth investors | Business Insider
- 22 clothing items every guy should own before he turns 30 | Business Insider
- NASA: ‘We didn’t change any zodiac signs' | Business Insider