The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Days of BABA Are Upon Us | Financial Sense
- Scotland Says "No" - Pound Remains Vulnerable To Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
- The Decline Of America's Economic Model In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Here's What The "Super-Rich" Are Rushing To Buy | ZeroHedge
- Why the Debate Over U.S. LNG Exports Has Been Won | Financial Sense
- Fear And Loathing In Scotland – Why The "NO"s Won & Lessons Learned From The Vote | ZeroHedge
- Bubble Forming With Leveraged Buyouts | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Belgium thwarts jihadist attacks: report | Business Insider
- Fleckenstein Goes After CNBC Anchor And Her Rabid Colleagues For Talking Up A... | Business Insider
- We Are Pumping Carbon Into The Atmosphere At Increasing Rates — 2013 Set A... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs reveals ties to Libya fund, says FT | Business Insider
- Bayer defeat leaves Paderborn in pole position | Business Insider
- Texans Receiver Made One Of The Most Incredible Catches Ever And It Didn'... | Business Insider
- Second apparent leak of hacked celebrity nude... | Business Insider