The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Based on the Non-Massaged Data, the US is Back in Recession | ZeroHedge
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
- America The Divided: Everyone Knows We Have Problems But There Is Very Little Agreement On Solutions | ZeroHedge
- Europe Unveils Preliminary Sanctions Against Russia | ZeroHedge
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
- Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? | Financial Sense
- Forget Shiller's CAPE, Warren Buffett's "Best Indicator" Is Flashing Bubble Red | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Facebook Stock Continues to Rise Today | TheStreet.com
- Barry Silbert Steps Down As SecondMarket CEO | Business Insider
- The Rise Of The Chinese Box Office Is Staggering, And It's Transforming Hollywood | Business Insider
- These Maps Reveal What People Around The World Really Care About | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Amazon, Starbucks, Pandora Earnings Impact the Open | TheStreet.com
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek