The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Craig Johnson Still Bullish on Stocks; Sees More Downside for Gold, Oil, and Commodities | Financial Sense
- Italy Youth Unemployment Hits Record High 44.2%, Concerns Rising "Recession Exit May Be Unsustainable" | ZeroHedge
- An Angry Paul Volcker Responds To Accusations He Caused The Bond Liquidity Crunch | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
- Threat Of Cyber War – “Other Reason To Own Physical Gold” – Rickards | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Bathtub Economics Brigade Blathers On, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- The Real Story Behind Turkey's US-Backed "War On Terror" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Some of Apple's most prominent fans really don't... | Business Insider
- Crashing energy prices have been devastating for big oil | Business Insider
- The best premium economy airlines in the world | Business Insider
- Baltimore hasn't seen this many killings in 4 decades | Business Insider
- How to see if your emails are being tracked in Gmail before opening them... | Business Insider
- A giant panda 'faked pregnancy' to get better treatment... | Business Insider
- Lululemon's secrets for beating all the competition | Business Insider