The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Artist's Impression Of A Greek ATM | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why The Euro Is Finished | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong: Troika Is Maneuvering To Rig The Greek Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines Come and Go, Markets Endure | Financial Sense
- Secret Court Permits NSA To Keep Collecting Our Data | ZeroHedge
- A Beginning but No End | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Argentina, Chile poised for Copa America classic | Business Insider
- A done flew inside a fireworks show and captured this spectacular video | Business Insider
- All eyes on Messi at Copa America climax | Business Insider
- MasterCard thinks millennials will want to pay for stuff by taking selfies... | Business Insider
- The 'connected car' is creating a massive new business opportunity for... | Business Insider
- Duo shares Greenbrier lead, Woods in contention | Business Insider
- Science explains how sunscreen works | Business Insider