The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Beige Book Notes Minimum Wage Increases, Warns Of Building Margin Pressures | ZeroHedge
- Trump Touts "People Are Seeing Big Stuff” After GM Unveils 7,000 New U.S. Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Trump Was Right: Top NATO General Concedes Alliance Is "Obsolete" | ZeroHedge
- Hyundai To Boost Investment In The US To $3.1 Billion Over 5 Years | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Theresa May's Brexit Speech; Says Will Put Final Brexit Deal To Vote In Parliament | ZeroHedge
- What Wage Inflation? Real Average Weekly Earnings Growth Plunges To Weakest In 30 Months | ZeroHedge
- 2017—Shades of 1937 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how President Obama starts every morning | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ... | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley cuts Apple estimates and predicts an... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Lager made with the 133-year-old yeast that forever changed beer is... | Business Insider
- 7 warm winter jackets any guy can buy for under $100 | Business Insider
- This clever billboard coughs at people who smoke nearby | Business Insider