The Romney Rally that Could Be
Sometimes history does repeat itself and during these extreme uncertain times, having a Republican President could save our stocks. We would all love to believe that Obama can be re-elected and the job that is needed to get America back on course. As an investor, I'd rather have my 401(k) increase and my personal portfolio recover to my 2008 level and more.
Fellow Masters, the rational educated American will vote for the right candidate to get the job done. Right now we need direction and the market needs certainty more than volatility. Take a gander at what the Dow Jones did in 1980 the year Ronald Reagan was voted into the White House. The chart is a thing of beauty and all of us would benefit greatly if history could repeat itself with Mitt Romney as President.
If the Republicans were in total control we could finally get things done in Washington. With our elected officials actually working together we could experience the Reagan effect of 1980. That's when the stock market went on an incredible rally despite a bad macro environment.
This fellow Master is warming up to the idea of voting Republican just for the possibility of a 'Romney Rally'.
Check out Businessinsider.com for their article on the subject and Barclay's believes it could happen. I pray it does.
DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL INDEX IN 1980
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Elites Scramble To Apply For US 'Golden Ticket' Visa | ZeroHedge
- Why US Home Prices May Get More Expensive This Year | Financial Sense
- Investors Dump Euro Bonds, Shift Into US | Financial Sense
- Top Republican Warns: "Government Shut Down Is A Real Possibility, And Wall Street Is Unprepared" | ZeroHedge
- The Curse Of 'The Thinking Class' | ZeroHedge
- London Mayor's Ties To Extremism Call Commitment To Fighting Terror Into Question | ZeroHedge
- Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare—the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The company that owns Olive Garden just placed a $780 million bet on a tiny... | Business Insider
- How the US Navy plans to fix the F-35's most troubling... | Business Insider
- Police make new arrest in Birmingham after Westminster terror... | Business Insider
- PAUL RYAN: House Intel chair should not recuse himself from Russia... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The statue of the 'Fearless Girl' will stare down the Wall... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek