3 Short Squeeze Stocks
Mastery has you covered for the next leg up.If the indices breaks out to more multi-year highs like we think they are going to, these 3 high-interest short stocks should see a squeeze.
They are AK Steel (AKS), Pandora Radio (P), and InnerWorkings (INWK).
AK Steel (AKS) Short Interest: 30%
Let's face it, basic materials stocks such as AKS were a great short this year. The Dow Jones Global Basic Materials Total Stock Market Index(DWGBS) is down 15% in the last 6 months. However, it's up 5% in the last month and it just broke the 3,000 level.
Our thesis is with basic materials on the rise, AKS will rise with them. Couple that with the fact that AKS has 30% short interest and you have the recipe for big gains. Shares could see resistance around $7 and I'd place my stops below support at around $5.45.
Over the past 12 months AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS) shares have traded between $4.44 and its 52-week high of $10.33. AK Steel Holding Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -8.48.
Pandora Radio (P) Short Interest: 16%
Pandora (P) reports earnings on August 29th. If history is any indicator, there will be some short covering before their earnings call. Look to get in and out for a quick trade but we don't recommend holding Pandora through earnings - you could get Groupon'd. Look to book a quick gain up to $11 and place your stops just below $9.
Over the past 12 months Pandora Media Inc (P) shares have traded between $7.83 and its 52-week high of $15.98. Pandora Media Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.21.
InnerWorkings (INWK) Short Interest: 18%
Great looking chart, just now bouncing off the support at the bottom of its channel. Look for shares to trade north of $15 and place your stops below $12.
Over the past 12 months Innerworkings Inc (INWK) shares have traded between $6.66 and its 52-week high of $13.95. Innerworkings Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 34.5 and EPS of 0.37.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No Steep Decline in U.S Oil Production Expected Anytime Soon | Financial Sense
- Obama’s 2nd Term Much Like 1st for Stock Market | Financial Sense
- Varoufakis' Father Defends His Son After EU Praises "Significant Progress" Without Finance Minister | ZeroHedge
- Has The ECB Run Out Of Willing Bonds Sellers On The Long End? | ZeroHedge
- "But Still There Is Faith In The Central Bank..." | ZeroHedge
- Gates Says Bet On Yuan As IMF Calls Currency Fairly Valued | ZeroHedge
- Fed Cites Weather, “Transitory” Factors in FOMC Statement; No Hat Tricks; What About Consumer Sentiment? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the star-studded first photo of DC's '... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The story of how 3 Americans stranded in the... | Business Insider
- French Mideast policy helped Rafale jet sales: experts | Business Insider
- LIVE: Activist hedge fund manager Barry Rosenstein is talking about Qualcomm | Business Insider
- 234,000 food orders are placed on this app every... | Business Insider
- Russia is creating a $100B rival to the IMF | Business Insider