Stocks Go Higher so does the SSO
Think you're an expert stock picker? How many of your stocks went positive last year, how much did you actually gain in your portfolio? Why risk individual stocks when you can buy the S&P 500 Index and get a dividend to boot. The answer is the SSO.
In past 12 months the ProShares Ultra S&P500 (ETF)(NYSEARCA:SSO) is up 31% and in 2017 its up 11%. Since 2016 the SSO is up 34% and it pays out a quarterly dividend of 0.5%. Sure that dividend is chump change but some of the best growth stocks offer ZERO for a dividend. Every year we try and beat the market. Every year the average investor pulls their money after suffering losses and comes out less than the averages. The question becomes why try and fight the market when you can just be a passive investor and enjoy the climb of stocks on a broader scope?
ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) is essentially a double play of the S&P 500 Index. If the S&P 500 goes up 1% for the day the SSO goes up 2%. The S&P 500 Index is a measure of large-cap United States stock market performance. It is not the Dow Jones which is just the average of 30 stocks. The S&P 500 is right now is made up of 505 stocks and covers 80% of the U.S. equity market by capitalization. It's the Lazy Man's investing vechicle of choice.
To make you feel even worse the SSO is up 190% in the last 5 years. Have you done as well?
Nobody knows where stocks are headed. But if you do believe stocks are heading higher in general then the SSO is your answer.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Your Complete Guide To Sunday's French Presidential Elections First Round | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Slip Despite Draw In Crude, Gasoline Inventories | Financial Sense
- Central Banks Give "All Clear" To BTFD If French Election Upsets Market | ZeroHedge
- What Will Finally Break the Market's Lethargy? | Financial Sense
- Cheat Or Chump? - You Are Not An Investor | ZeroHedge
- Paris Shooter Update: Previously Convicted For Attempted Murder, Released On Probation | ZeroHedge
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- THE IoT 101 REPORT: Your essential guide to the... | Business Insider
- Thousands of people turn out around the world for the March for Science — here... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, DB, V) | Business Insider
- The US government's efforts to unmask an anti-Trump... | Business Insider
- Trump releases statement on Earth Day as his administration continues repealing... | Business Insider
- The policeman killed on the Champs-Elysees was one of the first... | Business Insider