Steel Stocks Jump Higher with Trump
President Trump signed orders for the Keystone XL Pipeline and Dakota Access Pipeline. To sweeten the deal for the United States he signed a separate action requiring that the steel used in the pipelines be made in the United States. "Going to put a lot of workers, a lot of steelworkers, back to work," he said.
That sent the American steel stocks higher and those that trade on the NYSE and NASDAQ. The compainies that are going to benefit are Nucor Energy (NUE) and United States Steel Corp (X). Shares of NUE and X are up 2% in trading today.
Both stocks have had incredible runs in the past 3 months, X is up 70% and NUE up 28%. In the last month the run has cooled down, NUE trading flat and X down 7%. However today's news that Trump is behind these companies is great news for both companies. U.S. Steel has laid off thousands of workers in the past few years but Nucor has laid of ZERO. However NUE to stay alive cut back hours and this could finally put workers back to full-time employment.
Congratulations to NUE and X shareholders, the worst could finally be behind these companies.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Only 1 In 6 Americans Hold 'Favorable' View Of FBI Director Comey | ZeroHedge
- The True Legacy Of David Rockefeller | ZeroHedge
- 5 Financial Myths You Should Ignore | ZeroHedge
- Maxine Waters Tweets: "GET READY FOR IMPEACHMENT" | ZeroHedge
- Don't Confuse Immigration With Naturalization | ZeroHedge
- Ally Financial Slashes Guidance As Used Car Prices Suffer "Worst Decline In 20 Years" | ZeroHedge
- Major Bull Sees Much Smaller Returns for 2017 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 great pairs of our favorite shoe style for spring | Business Insider
- A Wall Street analyst has some out-there ideas about the future of... | Business Insider
- Moving to the cloud can actually save energy — here's how | Business Insider
- The cost of living in San Francisco is so high, a tech company is paying workers $10... | Business Insider
- Portland will start housing the homeless in tiny pods in people's backyards | Business Insider
- Secrets of what ancient mummies look like... | Business Insider
- US relations with Cuba could become a bargaining chip in the healthcare debate | Business Insider