Steel Stocks Jump Higher with Trump
President Trump signed orders for the Keystone XL Pipeline and Dakota Access Pipeline. To sweeten the deal for the United States he signed a separate action requiring that the steel used in the pipelines be made in the United States. "Going to put a lot of workers, a lot of steelworkers, back to work," he said.
That sent the American steel stocks higher and those that trade on the NYSE and NASDAQ. The compainies that are going to benefit are Nucor Energy (NUE) and United States Steel Corp (X). Shares of NUE and X are up 2% in trading today.
Both stocks have had incredible runs in the past 3 months, X is up 70% and NUE up 28%. In the last month the run has cooled down, NUE trading flat and X down 7%. However today's news that Trump is behind these companies is great news for both companies. U.S. Steel has laid off thousands of workers in the past few years but Nucor has laid of ZERO. However NUE to stay alive cut back hours and this could finally put workers back to full-time employment.
Congratulations to NUE and X shareholders, the worst could finally be behind these companies.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bernie To Introduce $15 Federal Minimum Wage Legislation On Wednesday | ZeroHedge
- Baby Boomers Borrowed $100BN In Student Loans For Their Children And Now Defaults Are Soaring | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 225: Ryan Deiss – 3 Reasons Why College is (still) a Lie | Altucher Confidential
- New Snowflake Study Proves Kanye Right: "That Major That She Majored In Don't Make No Money" | ZeroHedge
- Is Macron The EU's Last Best Hope? | ZeroHedge
- Cataclysm | ZeroHedge
- Will the Democrats Trigger Another 2011 Debt Ceiling Crisis Just to Stop the Wall? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This electric concept car proves we are living in the future | Business Insider
- Rush Limbaugh says he is 'very, very troubled' to see Trump possibly caving on... | Business Insider
- Oil prices can tell you a lot about military spending | Business Insider
- 'You live by the sword, you die by the sword': Trump says the... | Business Insider
- THE MOBILE P2P PAYMENTS REPORT: Why it's more important than ever for companies to... | Business Insider
- WeChat Pay hits a hurdle | Business Insider
- The 21 largest US cities ranked by ease of building wealth | Business Insider