Steel Stocks Deserve a Look (AKS, X, STLD)
AK Steel (AKS) leveled the playing field yesterday after a weak forecast for the entire sector. Its why we want you to consider the best of the industry with U.S. Steel Corp (X) and let a little ride with small time Steel Dynamics (STLD).
After yesterday's sell off on the entire steel sector most of the same stocks are up big today, including Steel Dynamics up 6.7% and U.S. Steel (X) up 5%. All three of the names mentioned pay a dividend while you wait for the steel prices to bounce back. The annual dividend yields are as follows: Steel Dynamics 3.36%, U.S. Steel 1.03%, AK Steel 3.8%.
Best part is all three names are trading under $20, take a gander:
- United States Steel (X) is trading at $19.36 and its shares are 8.73% from its 52-week low.
- AK Steel Holding (AKS) is trading at $5.16 and its shares are 11.05% from its 52-week low.
- Steel Dynamics Inc(STLD) is trading at $11.90 and its shares are 26.22% from its 52-week low.
AK Steel has a 30% short interest which means if this company can improve anything in the slightest it shares are jumping higher over night. However Wall Street has a heavy dose of Hater-Aid applied to the steel sector for the moment. Steel demand and prices are down and expected to decrease in 2012. The best case scenario is dire for these companies, prices should remain flat and they hope demand picks up later in the year. Steel Dynamics and Nucor (NUE) both released Q2 forecasts that were not impressive cited increased domestic supplies and imports pressuring domestic prices.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Steel stocks like AKS, X, and STLD could make a comeback in late 2012. Its best to get to the party early while these stocks are still trading near record lows.
3 STEEL STOCKS TO CONSIDER
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Technical Signs of a Top Forming | ZeroHedge
- The US Housing Bubble In One Chart: Home Prices Outpace Wage Growth 13:1 | ZeroHedge
- Following A 1-Week 17% Client-Muppeting, Goldman Removes Sandisk From Conviction Buy List | ZeroHedge
- What Would Happen If ETF Holders Sold All At Once? Howard Marks Explains | ZeroHedge
- Invisible Solar Cells to Harvest Free Energy Everywhere | Financial Sense
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
- Are you Ready to Have Your Faces Chewed Off by Rabid Dogs? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MLB is looking into allegations that a Miami Marlins player sent tweets about betting on... | Business Insider
- The NYPD's newest technology may be recording... | Business Insider
- Marrakesh, Morocco, was just named the most popular... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank has a plan to turn itself into Goldman Sachs | Business Insider
- One of the savviest stock market bloggers we know will grow his 'correction beard... | Business Insider
- Stocks are getting slammed | Business Insider
- How e-commerce is finally disrupting the $600 billion-a-year grocery industry... | Business Insider