Steel Stocks Deserve a Look (AKS, X, STLD)
AK Steel (AKS) leveled the playing field yesterday after a weak forecast for the entire sector. Its why we want you to consider the best of the industry with U.S. Steel Corp (X) and let a little ride with small time Steel Dynamics (STLD).
After yesterday's sell off on the entire steel sector most of the same stocks are up big today, including Steel Dynamics up 6.7% and U.S. Steel (X) up 5%. All three of the names mentioned pay a dividend while you wait for the steel prices to bounce back. The annual dividend yields are as follows: Steel Dynamics 3.36%, U.S. Steel 1.03%, AK Steel 3.8%.
Best part is all three names are trading under $20, take a gander:
- United States Steel (X) is trading at $19.36 and its shares are 8.73% from its 52-week low.
- AK Steel Holding (AKS) is trading at $5.16 and its shares are 11.05% from its 52-week low.
- Steel Dynamics Inc(STLD) is trading at $11.90 and its shares are 26.22% from its 52-week low.
AK Steel has a 30% short interest which means if this company can improve anything in the slightest it shares are jumping higher over night. However Wall Street has a heavy dose of Hater-Aid applied to the steel sector for the moment. Steel demand and prices are down and expected to decrease in 2012. The best case scenario is dire for these companies, prices should remain flat and they hope demand picks up later in the year. Steel Dynamics and Nucor (NUE) both released Q2 forecasts that were not impressive cited increased domestic supplies and imports pressuring domestic prices.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Steel stocks like AKS, X, and STLD could make a comeback in late 2012. Its best to get to the party early while these stocks are still trading near record lows.
3 STEEL STOCKS TO CONSIDER
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P Set For New Record Highs As Futures, Dollar Rise; Oil Slides | ZeroHedge
- France: The Religious War Few Wish To Face | ZeroHedge
- Services PMI Tumbles To 6-Month Lows: "GDP Growth Is Failing To Accelerate In Q3" | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 181 – Jordan Harbinger: The Mindset We All Want | Altucher Confidential
- TIME Argues "Trolling" Demands Formal Policing Of The Internet | ZeroHedge
- Oil Headwinds Become Tailwinds | Financial Sense
- Government Study Admits Fed Policies Have Deepened Downturn For Many | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- James Carville: Donald Trump doesn't 'know jack s---' | Business Insider
- Here's what's dragging down the restaurant industry | Business Insider
- Controversial photos inside the homes of Russia's ultrarich show the country... | Business Insider
- Hope Solo suspended for 6 months over explosive comments following... | Business Insider
- Iraq has dismissed its defense minister — here's how that could derail... | Business Insider
- The most beloved baking show on TV just got more viewers than the... | Business Insider
- Bail reformers aren't waiting for the laws to change | Business Insider