Steel Stocks Deserve a Look (AKS, X, STLD)
AK Steel (AKS) leveled the playing field yesterday after a weak forecast for the entire sector. Its why we want you to consider the best of the industry with U.S. Steel Corp (X) and let a little ride with small time Steel Dynamics (STLD).
After yesterday's sell off on the entire steel sector most of the same stocks are up big today, including Steel Dynamics up 6.7% and U.S. Steel (X) up 5%. All three of the names mentioned pay a dividend while you wait for the steel prices to bounce back. The annual dividend yields are as follows: Steel Dynamics 3.36%, U.S. Steel 1.03%, AK Steel 3.8%.
Best part is all three names are trading under $20, take a gander:
- United States Steel (X) is trading at $19.36 and its shares are 8.73% from its 52-week low.
- AK Steel Holding (AKS) is trading at $5.16 and its shares are 11.05% from its 52-week low.
- Steel Dynamics Inc(STLD) is trading at $11.90 and its shares are 26.22% from its 52-week low.
AK Steel has a 30% short interest which means if this company can improve anything in the slightest it shares are jumping higher over night. However Wall Street has a heavy dose of Hater-Aid applied to the steel sector for the moment. Steel demand and prices are down and expected to decrease in 2012. The best case scenario is dire for these companies, prices should remain flat and they hope demand picks up later in the year. Steel Dynamics and Nucor (NUE) both released Q2 forecasts that were not impressive cited increased domestic supplies and imports pressuring domestic prices.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Steel stocks like AKS, X, and STLD could make a comeback in late 2012. Its best to get to the party early while these stocks are still trading near record lows.
3 STEEL STOCKS TO CONSIDER
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Now’s Really Not the Time for a Liquidity Crisis | Financial Sense
- The Current Oil Price Slump Is Far From Over | ZeroHedge
- Crude Crashes To $56 Handle - 10-Week Lows | ZeroHedge
- Japan’s Yen Has Only Begun to Fall | Financial Sense
- Crude Slumps To $57 Handle As DOE Confirms Surprise Inventory Build, Production Hovers Near Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Fed Whisperer Hilsenrath Hints: Despite Jobs Miss, Yellen Will Hike In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Your Last Minute Payrolls Preview: What Wall Street Expects | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know in markets today | Business Insider
- Why one Google designer encouraged his team to get drunk before testing products | Business Insider
- Female suicide bomber kills 12 in Nigeria mosque:... | Business Insider
- An African python dies prematurely after eating a 30-pound porcupine, but that's not what... | Business Insider
- Airline stocks are getting crushed (JBLU, DAL... | Business Insider
- Apple Music will make Spotify totally irrelevant within a... | Business Insider
- 11 timeless lessons from a book that changed billionaire CEO... | Business Insider