Steel Stocks Deserve a Look (AKS, X, STLD)
AK Steel (AKS) leveled the playing field yesterday after a weak forecast for the entire sector. Its why we want you to consider the best of the industry with U.S. Steel Corp (X) and let a little ride with small time Steel Dynamics (STLD).
After yesterday's sell off on the entire steel sector most of the same stocks are up big today, including Steel Dynamics up 6.7% and U.S. Steel (X) up 5%. All three of the names mentioned pay a dividend while you wait for the steel prices to bounce back. The annual dividend yields are as follows: Steel Dynamics 3.36%, U.S. Steel 1.03%, AK Steel 3.8%.
Best part is all three names are trading under $20, take a gander:
- United States Steel (X) is trading at $19.36 and its shares are 8.73% from its 52-week low.
- AK Steel Holding (AKS) is trading at $5.16 and its shares are 11.05% from its 52-week low.
- Steel Dynamics Inc(STLD) is trading at $11.90 and its shares are 26.22% from its 52-week low.
AK Steel has a 30% short interest which means if this company can improve anything in the slightest it shares are jumping higher over night. However Wall Street has a heavy dose of Hater-Aid applied to the steel sector for the moment. Steel demand and prices are down and expected to decrease in 2012. The best case scenario is dire for these companies, prices should remain flat and they hope demand picks up later in the year. Steel Dynamics and Nucor (NUE) both released Q2 forecasts that were not impressive cited increased domestic supplies and imports pressuring domestic prices.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Steel stocks like AKS, X, and STLD could make a comeback in late 2012. Its best to get to the party early while these stocks are still trading near record lows.
3 STEEL STOCKS TO CONSIDER
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Government Promises To Forgive Student Debt... If You Work For Them | ZeroHedge
- CDC Confirms First Ebola Case Diagnosed In The US, In Dallas Hospital - Press Conference Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Oil, Empire And Playing The Great Game | ZeroHedge
- Small Caps Suffer Worst Quarter In 3 Years; Bonds Leading Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- Not All Coffee is Bulletproof | iBankCoin.com
- Casinos Hoping for a Playable Hand | iBankCoin.com
- Why Oil Prices Are Dropping Despite Mideast Unrest | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google's Bus Drivers Say They Work Long Hours For Little Pay | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- iPhone 5C 'Defied Convention' In... | Business Insider
- This iPhone App Lets You Send GIFs Right From Your Keyboard | Business Insider
- The Bidding For The 2022 Olympics Is A Disaster Because Everyone Figured Out That Hosting Is... | Business Insider
- Mongolia Has To Change Its Railroads To Account For An 85... | Business Insider
- SECRET SERVICE DIRECTOR RESIGNS | Business Insider