Steel Stocks Deserve a Look (AKS, X, STLD)
AK Steel (AKS) leveled the playing field yesterday after a weak forecast for the entire sector. Its why we want you to consider the best of the industry with U.S. Steel Corp (X) and let a little ride with small time Steel Dynamics (STLD).
After yesterday's sell off on the entire steel sector most of the same stocks are up big today, including Steel Dynamics up 6.7% and U.S. Steel (X) up 5%. All three of the names mentioned pay a dividend while you wait for the steel prices to bounce back. The annual dividend yields are as follows: Steel Dynamics 3.36%, U.S. Steel 1.03%, AK Steel 3.8%.
Best part is all three names are trading under $20, take a gander:
- United States Steel (X) is trading at $19.36 and its shares are 8.73% from its 52-week low.
- AK Steel Holding (AKS) is trading at $5.16 and its shares are 11.05% from its 52-week low.
- Steel Dynamics Inc(STLD) is trading at $11.90 and its shares are 26.22% from its 52-week low.
AK Steel has a 30% short interest which means if this company can improve anything in the slightest it shares are jumping higher over night. However Wall Street has a heavy dose of Hater-Aid applied to the steel sector for the moment. Steel demand and prices are down and expected to decrease in 2012. The best case scenario is dire for these companies, prices should remain flat and they hope demand picks up later in the year. Steel Dynamics and Nucor (NUE) both released Q2 forecasts that were not impressive cited increased domestic supplies and imports pressuring domestic prices.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Steel stocks like AKS, X, and STLD could make a comeback in late 2012. Its best to get to the party early while these stocks are still trading near record lows.
3 STEEL STOCKS TO CONSIDER
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Portuguese Regulator Bans Short-Selling After Banco Espirito Santo Unveils Massive $5 Billion Loss | ZeroHedge
- 3 WTF Charts | ZeroHedge
- GDP Deja Vu Stunner: Over Half Of US Growth In The Past Year Is From Inventory Accumulation | ZeroHedge
- Economy Expands at 4.0% Annual Rate in Q2 | Financial Sense
- How Argentina Became A Bad Debtor | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain How Inventory Stuffing Is Good For All Of Us - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Tomorrow's 'Anti-Goldilocks' Payrolls Data | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We've Gotten A Lot Of Crappy Housing Data This Month | Business Insider
- MEDIA MATTERS: The Washington Post Is 'Obsessed' With Hillary... | Business Insider
- New Report Shows Edward Snowden's Revelations Are Seriously Damaging U.S. Tech Firms... | Business Insider
- 6 Ways To Travel Around Europe On The Cheap | Business Insider
- Alibaba Invests $120 Million In A Gaming Company That's Now Valued At $1 Billion | Business Insider
- BILLIONAIRE HEDGE FUND MANAGER: Of All The Things That Are Likely, Nothing Is... | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert Gave A Heartwarming, Geektastic Speech During 'The Hobbit... | Business Insider