Stocks to Buy after June 20th (SSO, UYG, ITB)
Thanks to today's decline we recommend going long on the S&P 500, U.S. Financials, and U.S. Homebuilders. That means buying up ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO), ProShares Ultra Financials (UYG), and the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction (ITB).
Thanks to the wicked 2%+ loss in the major indexes on June 20th Mastery is betting on these 3 ETFs for a comeback. Everyone lost money today and rather then pick stocks we are going with sectors. These 3 sectors have the most to gain should the economy continue to slowly improve. The Talking Heads believe the U.S. is on the right track and slow growth is in full effect. The ETFs the Masters plan on buying are the SSO, UYG, and ITB. Recall that the home builders and banks have brought us back from the 2008 brink. These names will continue to prosper but we prefer to go with the ETFs rather then risk individual stocks.
The S&P 500 has lost 3.7% of its value since Wednesdays close. To think that it won't bounce back is insane. Friday will be a dead cat bounce for the S&P which is why the SSO is a great play. Thursday's 2% massive selloff was the worst performance for the Dow Jones and S&P 500 year-to-date. Do you really think the pullback will continue?
As we head into Friday morning U.S. futures are trending slightly up. This is good news for longs, we don't expect the Bears to continue the win. The lastest according to Bloomberg.
|Index Future||Future Date||Last||Net Change||Open||High||Low||Time|
|Dow Jones Indus. Avg||Sep 13||14,709.00||+8.00||14,700.00||14,716.00||14,699.00||20:59:32|
|S&P 500||Sep 13||1,584.60||+0.70||1,585.60||1,586.00||1,583.00||20:59:32|
ETFs OF INTEREST
ProShares Ultra S&P500 (SSO) is trading at $75.95 and its shares are 33% from its 52-week low.
ProShares Ultra Financials (UYG) is trading at $ 89.78 and its shares are 14% from its 52-week high.
iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction (ITB) is trading at $22.34 and its 17% below its 52-week high.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Britain Buys Water Cannons; Fears Civil Unrest From Government Workers | ZeroHedge
- Operating in a "Shadow Rate" World - Fed Funds Closer to Negative 3% | Financial Sense
- Exaggerating the Dollar’s Demise | Financial Sense
- Tom McClellan on July Selloff, Bull Market Peak, and Gold Bottom | Financial Sense
- What If Prosperity Breaks Out? | Financial Sense
- Watching for Signs of U.S. Housing Market Activity | Financial Sense
- The Skills Mismatch Remains a Fixture in U.S. Labor Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Problem With Mobile Phone... | Business Insider
- Brazil's Last Chance To Restore 'Honor And Dignity' Couldn't... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Kanye West Tried To Redesign Rap Genius | Business Insider
- Wells Fargo Earnings, Jim Cramer Down With Dow, Merging Tobacco | TheStreet.com
- Shopping Cart... | Business Insider
- Close Aide To Saddam Praises ISIS... | Business Insider