The 75% Chance Stocks Could Fall
Mastery favorite International Business Machines (IBM) latest conference call was a major downer. Worse yet when you look at the numbers the S&P 500 could be in for a pullback.
IBM is worth paying attention to, they just missed big. Here's the take away via WSJ.com:
But IBM is key the stock to watch for its impact not only on the Dow, but also on the S&P 500.
Analysts at Bespoke Investment Group point out IBM’s results have a fairly accurate track record of predicting the S&P 500’s future short-term move.
Dating back to 2001, IBM’s one-day stock move in reaction to earnings has been directly correlated to the S&P 500’s move over the ensuing five weeks about 75% of the time, including the last four quarters, according to Bespoke.
Assuming IBM’s declines hold, “it’s not looking good for the overall market in the next five weeks,” says Paul Hickey, co-founder at Bespoke.
We have all been warned. IBM closed down 5% today just a little over $200 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What's Behind The Relentless Market Surge? RBC Explains | ZeroHedge
- Power To The People: John Lennon's Legacy Lives On | ZeroHedge
- CNBC Shills Attempt to Derail the Farage Train, But Fail Miserably | ZeroHedge
- WORLD ECONOMIES IN TROUBLE: Middle East Oil Exports Lower Than 40 Years Ago | ZeroHedge
- Trump Tweets Japan's SoftBank Will Invest $50 Billion In The US, Create 50,000 New Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Spike as OPEC Reaches Deal on Production Cut | Financial Sense
- Buy Silver – May Replace Gold Money In India | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple pushes further in mapping and location technology (AAPL) | Business Insider
- How a misunderstanding led to a former CIA programmer... | Business Insider
- 7 of the best wallets to give and get for under $100 right now | Business Insider
- Time updates misleading 2014 story after it resurfaced as attack on Paul Ryan | Business Insider
- Greece still isn't getting the help it needs most | Business Insider
- The SEC might be about to wade into a war between Wall Street... | Business Insider
- Tennis player loses match when her serve on match point hit her in the... | Business Insider