The 75% Chance Stocks Could Fall
Mastery favorite International Business Machines (IBM) latest conference call was a major downer. Worse yet when you look at the numbers the S&P 500 could be in for a pullback.
IBM is worth paying attention to, they just missed big. Here's the take away via WSJ.com:
But IBM is key the stock to watch for its impact not only on the Dow, but also on the S&P 500.
Analysts at Bespoke Investment Group point out IBM’s results have a fairly accurate track record of predicting the S&P 500’s future short-term move.
Dating back to 2001, IBM’s one-day stock move in reaction to earnings has been directly correlated to the S&P 500’s move over the ensuing five weeks about 75% of the time, including the last four quarters, according to Bespoke.
Assuming IBM’s declines hold, “it’s not looking good for the overall market in the next five weeks,” says Paul Hickey, co-founder at Bespoke.
We have all been warned. IBM closed down 5% today just a little over $200 a share.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rocking the Red with Style | iBankCoin.com
- Fed's Dudley "US Dollar Wins"; Bitcoin "Not a Good Store Of Value" | ZeroHedge
- Factory Orders Miss 3rd Month In A Row As Inventories Hit Record High | ZeroHedge
- Anticipating Friday’s Employment Report | Financial Sense
- Russia Threatens Retaliation To Sanctions, Announces Support For Crimean Referendum | ZeroHedge
- JNUGs JNUGs JNUGs, Smokin’ Gold, Gold, Gold | iBankCoin.com
- Will Walter Squeeze on Shomer Shabbos? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What You Should Really Be Eating For Breakfast | Business Insider
- Cameron Diaz Looks Ridiculous In The First 'Annie' Remake Trailer | Business Insider
- BREMMER: The US Must Come To Terms With Russia Controlling Crimea | Business Insider
- There Might Be A Big Corruption Scandal Surrounding America's Dangerous New Painkiller... | Business Insider
- Hot Anonymous Sharing App Secret Is Reportedly Raising Another $10 Million | Business Insider
- 23 Incredibly Successful People Who Failed At First | Business Insider
- How To Find Out If Someone Unfriended You On Facebook | Business Insider