Stocks: Time to Exit while we are at the Top?
Nothing worse than getting caught with your pants down. When it comes to your money and the average investor we all pay the price when we don't sell before a correction. Volatility just spiked and the political landscape is sketchy.
Fear is what makes markets fall. The measure for 'fear in the stock market' is still the VIX.
The CBOE volatility index, or VIX, is now at its highest level since the end of January, following an 11% surge yesterday. We just hit a two week high in the VIX and that is not normal.
The VIX is calculated from the cost of buying options on the S&P 500 in a month’s time, so shows if traders are trying to protect themselves from a crash.
It’s still quite low in historical terms, at around 12.05 right now.
Speaking of fear, this is dope.
This headline from CNBC is enough of a message. Feels like a pump and dump email you would delete from your spam folder
Donald Trump complains the media ignores bull market despite constant coverage of bull market
President Donald Trump took credit for the stock market's record run and complained the media never reports on its rise despite CNBC and other business news outlets having done so perpetually since he won the election.
Stocks had already rallied significantly since Trump's election, as optimism about his proposed policies and improving economic data emboldened market bulls.
Seriously people, what else do you need to hear. At least take some off the table so you can play later down the road.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Passive Indexing Trap | ZeroHedge
- G. Edward Griffin: Exposing The Creature From Jekyll Island | ZeroHedge
- An Angry Canada Responds To Trump's Lumber Tariff... And What It Means For The Economy | ZeroHedge
- New Snowflake Study Proves Kanye Right: "That Major That She Majored In Don't Make No Money" | ZeroHedge
- Ivanka Trump Booed At Women's Conference In Berlin | ZeroHedge
- Feudalism And The "Algorithmic Economy" | ZeroHedge
- The 56 French Villages Where Marine Le Pen Didn't Get A Single Vote | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump is taking aim at one of America's closest allies — and he has bipartisan... | Business Insider
- PULTEGROUP: The spring selling season 'points to the ongoing strength in recovery for the... | Business Insider
- Amazon’s affordable store brand, AmazonBasics, makes some of the best sheets you can buy for... | Business Insider
- Silicon Valley needs to stop talking about flying cars (GOOGL) | Business Insider
- Here's how the price of everyday items... | Business Insider
- 10 signs you'll never be rich | Business Insider
- Congress is getting closer to a deal to stop a... | Business Insider