Stocks: Time to Exit while we are at the Top?
Nothing worse than getting caught with your pants down. When it comes to your money and the average investor we all pay the price when we don't sell before a correction. Volatility just spiked and the political landscape is sketchy.
Fear is what makes markets fall. The measure for 'fear in the stock market' is still the VIX.
The CBOE volatility index, or VIX, is now at its highest level since the end of January, following an 11% surge yesterday. We just hit a two week high in the VIX and that is not normal.
The VIX is calculated from the cost of buying options on the S&P 500 in a month’s time, so shows if traders are trying to protect themselves from a crash.
It’s still quite low in historical terms, at around 12.05 right now.
Speaking of fear, this is dope.
This headline from CNBC is enough of a message. Feels like a pump and dump email you would delete from your spam folder
Donald Trump complains the media ignores bull market despite constant coverage of bull market
President Donald Trump took credit for the stock market's record run and complained the media never reports on its rise despite CNBC and other business news outlets having done so perpetually since he won the election.
Stocks had already rallied significantly since Trump's election, as optimism about his proposed policies and improving economic data emboldened market bulls.
Seriously people, what else do you need to hear. At least take some off the table so you can play later down the road.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Surge in Global Economic Surprises, Business Confidence Continues | Financial Sense
- Maxine Waters To Trump: "Get Ready For Impeachment" | ZeroHedge
- Banks Scramble For Free ECB Money: €233.5 BIllion Allotted To 464 Banks In Final TLTRO Operation | ZeroHedge
- Only 1 In 6 Americans Hold 'Favorable' View Of FBI Director Comey | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Takes Fresh Toll on Sterling, While Dollar Firms | Financial Sense
- Trump Was Right Again: Israeli Teenager Arrested Over Phone Threats To Jewish Community Centers | ZeroHedge
- Credit Suisse Shares Tumble On Report It May Sell $3 Billion In Stock | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tech and terrorism experts question Trump's airline electronics ban: It... | Business Insider
- Target's brick-and-mortar stores are key to its digital growth (TGT) | Business Insider
- JOHN MCCAIN: There's a 'crazy fat kid' running North Korea | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card-Processing Ecosystem | Business Insider
- 13 pieces of money advice you can't afford to ignore | Business Insider
- Google resurrected a dead product on Wednesday and no one noticed (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Former Israeli airport-security boss: 'I... | Business Insider