Stocks are Up?
All the issues from last week are being overlooked as stocks are on a tear today. Thanks to some good news from China we are moving higher.
(DailyTicker) Major stock proxies rose around the world overnight while U.S. averages were higher in early trading Tuesday morning. Stocks got a boost from renewed hopes about stimulus from China and Philadelphia Fed President Charles Plosser tells The WSJ "there's absolutely no reason for people in the United States to get all in a dither" about Europe.
Still, the action seems disconnected from news out of Spain. On Friday, the government was forced to effectively nationalize Bankia, its third-largest bank. Spanish bond yields surged to euro-era highs and bank stocks tumbled on fears more bailouts will be necessary, even as Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy declared Spain will not ask for funds from the EU (or IMF).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germany's Third Largest Party Adopts Anti-Islam Manifesto: Says "Muslims Are Not Welcome In Germany" | ZeroHedge
- The EU: a 46 Trillion Euro Lehman Brothers? | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- "Don't Fly Near Our Borders" - U.S. Spy Plane Again Intercepted By Russian Jet | ZeroHedge
- PRECIOUS METALS INVESTOR: Must See Important Charts & Data | ZeroHedge
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
- China Takes Drastic Measures To Save The Regime | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Successful people share 10 simple ways to boost your... | Business Insider
- Fintech firms could find surprising exit thanks to this unlikely major player (AMZN)... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- The new Valeant CEO's pay package is putting the company in serious danger | Business Insider
- An Australian politician set a river on fire to show the effects of fracking on the environment... | Business Insider
- U2's lead guitarist 'The Edge... | Business Insider
- Five must-know retail trends in mobile and social marketing... | Business Insider