Stocks are Up?
All the issues from last week are being overlooked as stocks are on a tear today. Thanks to some good news from China we are moving higher.
(DailyTicker) Major stock proxies rose around the world overnight while U.S. averages were higher in early trading Tuesday morning. Stocks got a boost from renewed hopes about stimulus from China and Philadelphia Fed President Charles Plosser tells The WSJ "there's absolutely no reason for people in the United States to get all in a dither" about Europe.
Still, the action seems disconnected from news out of Spain. On Friday, the government was forced to effectively nationalize Bankia, its third-largest bank. Spanish bond yields surged to euro-era highs and bank stocks tumbled on fears more bailouts will be necessary, even as Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy declared Spain will not ask for funds from the EU (or IMF).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Fears a European “Lehman Brothers” | ZeroHedge
- For HFTs It's All About FX: Trading Currencies Is Now Virtu's Biggest Source Of Revenue | ZeroHedge
- Top NSA Official Who Created the Global Surveillance System: Fire the U.S. Intelligence Agencies … Hire Anonymous, Instead | ZeroHedge
- Government Using Subprime Mortgages To Pump Housing Recovery - Taxpayers Will Pay Again | ZeroHedge
- What Happens If You Defy Curfew: A Shocking 90-Second Clip From The Streets Of Baltimore | ZeroHedge
- Germanwings Co-Pilot May Have Tried To Crash Previous Flight | ZeroHedge
- China One Step Closer to Becoming World’s Gold Hub | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This company really can't decide on whether... | Business Insider
- Joss Whedon fires back at rumors he left Twitter because of feminists: ‘That is... | Business Insider
- News Corp is copying BuzzFeed with a new video site... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- STOCKS SLIDE, DOLLAR TANKS: Here's what you need to know (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USD, GEVA, ALXN) | Business Insider
- THE SMARTPHONE REPORT BY COUNTRY:... | Business Insider
- Manny Pacquiao's hidden shoulder injury is turning into a complete... | Business Insider