Strong Volume Gainers (CLDT,NFBK,NFP,PNFP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) is currently trading at $18.34 on volume of 445,696. Its 52 week range is between $11.71 and $18.17. The chart is a thing of beauty.
Northfield Bancorp Inc (NFBK) is currently trading at $11.49 on volume of 1,778,952. Its 52 week range is between $11.14 and $16.4.
National Financial Partners Corp (NFP) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 4,757,358. Its 52 week range is between $12.54 and $25.07.
Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) is currently trading at $24.45 on volume of 495,359. Its 52 week range is $16.43 and $23.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Reading: The Coin Flip Market | ZeroHedge
- Chart Of The Day: Which Socialist Utopia Has Seen Car Sales Drop 99%? | ZeroHedge
- Iraq War Surveillance Technology Being Used In Baltimore Without Public Debate | ZeroHedge
- Nuke Miniaturization Threat Emerges Conveniently As Pentagon Seeks $1 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 25, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Gold Wins In Three Out Of Four Scenarios, Macquarie Warns "None Of Them Are Good For The Economy" | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Draws Thunderous Ovation At Trump Rally: "I Wouldn't Vote For Hillary If She Paid Me" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Something odd is going on in the market, and it could be setting us up for a... | Business Insider
- Pentagon: If North... | Business Insider
- Here are the things we can't get enough of this week | Business Insider
- Facebook's Trending news section is less reliant on humans... | Business Insider
- Robo-advisors are gaining popularity with high-net-... | Business Insider
- There's a better way to play gold than buying gold (GLD... | Business Insider
- CARL ICAHN: Bill Ackman is a liar | Business Insider