Strong Volume Gainers (CLDT,NFBK,NFP,PNFP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) is currently trading at $18.34 on volume of 445,696. Its 52 week range is between $11.71 and $18.17. The chart is a thing of beauty.
Northfield Bancorp Inc (NFBK) is currently trading at $11.49 on volume of 1,778,952. Its 52 week range is between $11.14 and $16.4.
National Financial Partners Corp (NFP) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 4,757,358. Its 52 week range is between $12.54 and $25.07.
Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) is currently trading at $24.45 on volume of 495,359. Its 52 week range is $16.43 and $23.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Three Of The Four JPMorgan "Market Bottom" Indicators Are All Flashing "Oversold" Green | ZeroHedge
- The Long Awaited 10% Correction Just Happened; Cramer: No Bottom Until Ebola Contained | Financial Sense
- Stocks Green Despite Big Blue; Greenback & Black Gold Red | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Letting Academics Run the Economy | ZeroHedge
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
- THE DOGS OF HELL HAVE BEEN RELEASED ON VIX INSTRUMENT PRODUCT OWNERS | iBankCoin.com
- Apple Beats Top And Bottom Line, Repurchases Record $45 Billion In Stock In Fiscal 2014 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazing Video Shows A Mystery Man Running Into A Burning House To Save... | Business Insider
- 10 Must-Have Photo Apps For The Mobile Photographer | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Here’s What Happened To Your Target Data That Was Hacked | Business Insider
- Record-equalling Marseille make it eight in a row | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek