Strong Volume Gainers (CLDT,NFBK,NFP,PNFP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) is currently trading at $18.34 on volume of 445,696. Its 52 week range is between $11.71 and $18.17. The chart is a thing of beauty.
Northfield Bancorp Inc (NFBK) is currently trading at $11.49 on volume of 1,778,952. Its 52 week range is between $11.14 and $16.4.
National Financial Partners Corp (NFP) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 4,757,358. Its 52 week range is between $12.54 and $25.07.
Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) is currently trading at $24.45 on volume of 495,359. Its 52 week range is $16.43 and $23.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Won't Recognize Crimea Referendum Results (And 3 Awkward Questions For West's Liberals) | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
- Greeks Rallying Through the Back Door | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks For Your “Buy the Dip Grab Bag” | iBankCoin.com
- Why London, Too, Will Balk At Sanctions Against Russia (And Putin Knows It) | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of Japan Disappoints | ZeroHedge
- Feds Subpoena Port Authority Records As Christie Probe Deepens | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Great Anecdote About Dennis Rodman Being A Basketball Genius | Business Insider
- A Canadian Company Says It Has Developed A Post-Workout Beer | Business Insider
- Netflix Revenues Are Closing In... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Social Media Ads Are Among The Most... | Business Insider
- SHAQ: I Spend $1,000 Per Week Buying Apps | Business Insider
- Pretty Palladium | TheStreet.com