Strong Volume Gainers (CLDT,NFBK,NFP,PNFP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) is currently trading at $18.34 on volume of 445,696. Its 52 week range is between $11.71 and $18.17. The chart is a thing of beauty.
Northfield Bancorp Inc (NFBK) is currently trading at $11.49 on volume of 1,778,952. Its 52 week range is between $11.14 and $16.4.
National Financial Partners Corp (NFP) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 4,757,358. Its 52 week range is between $12.54 and $25.07.
Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) is currently trading at $24.45 on volume of 495,359. Its 52 week range is $16.43 and $23.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Propaganda Full Frontal: A Little High Level Intervention And This Is What Happens | ZeroHedge
- Q2 Earnings Show Improvement Over Prior Quarters | Financial Sense
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Does It Again: Banco Espirito Santo Bonds & Stock Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Phil Davis on Money Talk | ZeroHedge
- That’s Some Serious Gourmet Follow-Through | iBankCoin.com
- How The Worst New Orders Number In 6 Months Became The Highest Of 2014 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 22 Of The Most Epic Product Fails in History | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 8 Stocks George Soros Is Buying in 2014 | TheStreet.com
- Investors Are Descending Into The Five Circles Of Bond Hell (HYG, TLT, TBT, DIA, SPX, SPY... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap... | StreetInsider.com
- Edmunds.com Tested The Tesla Model S For Over A Year And Found A... | Business Insider
- Here's The Next Big Marvel Villain That Gets Teased In 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' | Business Insider