Strong Volume Gainers (CLDT,NFBK,NFP,PNFP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) is currently trading at $18.34 on volume of 445,696. Its 52 week range is between $11.71 and $18.17. The chart is a thing of beauty.
Northfield Bancorp Inc (NFBK) is currently trading at $11.49 on volume of 1,778,952. Its 52 week range is between $11.14 and $16.4.
National Financial Partners Corp (NFP) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 4,757,358. Its 52 week range is between $12.54 and $25.07.
Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) is currently trading at $24.45 on volume of 495,359. Its 52 week range is $16.43 and $23.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Events Continue to Conspire Against The Fed | Financial Sense
- Greeks Vote In "Holy Moment" - Live Updates | ZeroHedge
- All The Latest Greek Headlines | ZeroHedge
- Broken Market Ignites Momentum In Stocks | ZeroHedge
- The Economist Calls Victory For "No" Camp: Sees 60% Voting "Oxi" | ZeroHedge
- Greek Referendum Polls Close: "No" Seen Ahead By Most | ZeroHedge
- Did They "Fix" The US Economy? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- After Greece's historic 'No' vote markets are... | Business Insider
- Pope Francis to focus on poor in South America trip | Business Insider
- This is what 'Shark Tank' investor Mark Cuban looks for in the... | Business Insider
- One of the world's biggest banks just admitted bitcoin... | Business Insider
- Japan hails new UNESCO listing despite Korean qualms | Business Insider
- GREECE JUST TAUGHT CAPITALISTS A LESSON ABOUT WHAT CAPITALISM REALLY... | Business Insider
- The first James Bond comic in 20 years launches this fall, and it sounds great | Business Insider