Strong Volume Gainers (CLDT,NFBK,NFP,PNFP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) is currently trading at $18.34 on volume of 445,696. Its 52 week range is between $11.71 and $18.17. The chart is a thing of beauty.
Northfield Bancorp Inc (NFBK) is currently trading at $11.49 on volume of 1,778,952. Its 52 week range is between $11.14 and $16.4.
National Financial Partners Corp (NFP) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 4,757,358. Its 52 week range is between $12.54 and $25.07.
Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) is currently trading at $24.45 on volume of 495,359. Its 52 week range is $16.43 and $23.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did The Tech Bubble Just Quietly Pop? | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money” | Altucher Confidential
- The Average Hedge Fund Is Down -1% YTD, And The Redemption Requests Are Now Flooding In | ZeroHedge
- Contrary To IRS Lies, Some 30,000 Lois Lerner "Forever Lost" Emails Have Been Recovered | ZeroHedge
- Pity the Sub-Genius | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hong Kong democracy movement split in protest-weary city... | Business Insider
- Battling Ebola: the worst of humanitarian missions | Business Insider
- Federer and Wawrinka give Swiss 2-1 lead in Davis Cup... | Business Insider
- Biden, Erdogan seek to ease narrow differences on Syria | Business Insider
- By The Time Europe Finally Gets Around To Breaking... | Business Insider
- Mike Rowe Reveals What He Considers To Be The Toughest Job In America | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com