Strong Volume Gainers (CLDT,NFBK,NFP,PNFP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) is currently trading at $18.34 on volume of 445,696. Its 52 week range is between $11.71 and $18.17. The chart is a thing of beauty.
Northfield Bancorp Inc (NFBK) is currently trading at $11.49 on volume of 1,778,952. Its 52 week range is between $11.14 and $16.4.
National Financial Partners Corp (NFP) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 4,757,358. Its 52 week range is between $12.54 and $25.07.
Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) is currently trading at $24.45 on volume of 495,359. Its 52 week range is $16.43 and $23.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Developers Rethink U.S. Real Estate Projects: "I See Danger...U.S. Real Estate Is Peaking" | ZeroHedge
- 20 Billion Barrels of Oil Were Not Discovered in the Permian Basin | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton Gains One Vote On First Day Of Wisconsin Recount | ZeroHedge
- "The World Has Changed" - Average S&P Target Before Trump: 2,087; After Trump: 2,425 | ZeroHedge
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Dollar General's Startling Admission: Half Of U.S. Consumers Are Feeling More "Dire" Than Ever | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things: Exuberance, Small Caps, & 6% Realities | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 personality traits the best job candidates have in... | Business Insider
- 9 appearance mistakes that could be holding you back at work | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay more than $1 billion in defective... | Business Insider
- Here's how much you need to make to be in the top 1% of every state | Business Insider
- Pandora is up over 16% on reports that it could sell itself (P) | Business Insider
- Why oranges spark when you hold a flame to them | Business Insider