Strong Volume Gainers (CLDT,NFBK,NFP,PNFP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) is currently trading at $18.34 on volume of 445,696. Its 52 week range is between $11.71 and $18.17. The chart is a thing of beauty.
Northfield Bancorp Inc (NFBK) is currently trading at $11.49 on volume of 1,778,952. Its 52 week range is between $11.14 and $16.4.
National Financial Partners Corp (NFP) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 4,757,358. Its 52 week range is between $12.54 and $25.07.
Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc (PNFP) is currently trading at $24.45 on volume of 495,359. Its 52 week range is $16.43 and $23.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Wall Street Cyber Secure? | Financial Sense
- Silver, More Rare Than the Market Understands | ZeroHedge
- Chart of the Day: With Stocks Near All-Time Highs, Financial Stress Turns Negative | Financial Sense
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- China Bond-Sale Cancellations Soar As BofA Warns "Default Risk Is Mispriced" | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Preview: The Fed Is "Scared To Death" & "The Knock-On Effects Could Be Spectacular" | ZeroHedge
- Is the Dollar’s Major Bull Run Over? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Twitter may be fighting a losing battle | Business Insider
- Here's how many people in each state make the Federal minimum wage or less | Business Insider
- FED DOES NOTHING, STOCKS DO NOTHING: Here's what you need to know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, YHOO,... | Business Insider
- Watch the incredible video of an F-22 tearing... | Business Insider
- Amazon’s store brand, AmazonBasics, sells tons of consumer tech for cheap — here... | Business Insider
- KFC is testing edible bowls made of tortilla (YUM) | Business Insider