Strong Volume Gainers (CHTR,VSI,GNRC,RAIL,RST)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Charter Communications Inc (CHTR) is currently trading at $65.14 on volume of 1445413. Its 52 week range is between $41.33 and $65.32.
Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI) is currently trading at $50.95 on volume of 2651882. Its 52 week range is between $34.49 and $49.27.
Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC) is currently trading at $29.01 on volume of 2274296. Its 52 week range is between $15.41 and $30.5.
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 697142. Its 52 week range is $12.82 and $30.18.
Rosetta Stone Inc (RST) is currently trading at $12.52.on volume of 337953. Its 52 week range is between $6.55 and $16.15.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You're Next! | ZeroHedge
- Still Looks Like A Trap | ZeroHedge
- Conspicious Consolidated Currency Calculation | ZeroHedge
- Wait Until You Get a Pitch Right Where You Want It! | Financial Sense
- Candidates Confirm: No Crash This Year | Financial Sense
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: May 2 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Every home should have a survival kit — here’s what to put in it | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- 22 charts that show the incredible growth of Amazon Prime | Business Insider
- How two Stanford grads made a hot new app that soared past Facebook in the App... | Business Insider
- JOBS WEEK IS HERE: Here's your full preview of a big week for the US economy | Business Insider
- 14 weird facts that you probably didn't know about the Empire State... | Business Insider
- Lord Bilimoria took us through the backrooms of the Palace of Westminster and explained why has... | Business Insider