Strong Volume Gainers (CHTR,VSI,GNRC,RAIL,RST)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Charter Communications Inc (CHTR) is currently trading at $65.14 on volume of 1445413. Its 52 week range is between $41.33 and $65.32.
Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI) is currently trading at $50.95 on volume of 2651882. Its 52 week range is between $34.49 and $49.27.
Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC) is currently trading at $29.01 on volume of 2274296. Its 52 week range is between $15.41 and $30.5.
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 697142. Its 52 week range is $12.82 and $30.18.
Rosetta Stone Inc (RST) is currently trading at $12.52.on volume of 337953. Its 52 week range is between $6.55 and $16.15.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Looming Shortage in Government Bonds | Financial Sense
- THe LYiNG KiNG... | ZeroHedge
- Complacency Is Creeping Back Into The Stock Market | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: The End Of 'Choppiness' | ZeroHedge
- Gold Investment Slows, Soft Summer 'Risks $1300' But Bond Defaults 'Will Spike' as Japan, Eurozone Deny Fresh Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Investors Plow Record Cash Into Emerging Markets, As Europe Suffers Record Outflows | ZeroHedge
- What To Expect In Today's ECB Announcement: "Time To Send Another Dovish Signal" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Starbucks shares slide after sales miss (SBUX) | Business Insider
- What to do when a hiring manager asks, 'Where does... | Business Insider
- Norwich City's new uniform is amazing | Business Insider
- The Marvel movies pay incredible attention to the physics of Captain... | Business Insider
- Idris Elba says there have been 'no talks' about him playing... | Business Insider
- This one sentence in the GOP platform has cybersecurity experts freaking out | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban explains why he's no longer voting for Donald Trump... | Business Insider