Strong Volume Gainers (CHTR,VSI,GNRC,RAIL,RST)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Charter Communications Inc (CHTR) is currently trading at $65.14 on volume of 1445413. Its 52 week range is between $41.33 and $65.32.
Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI) is currently trading at $50.95 on volume of 2651882. Its 52 week range is between $34.49 and $49.27.
Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC) is currently trading at $29.01 on volume of 2274296. Its 52 week range is between $15.41 and $30.5.
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 697142. Its 52 week range is $12.82 and $30.18.
Rosetta Stone Inc (RST) is currently trading at $12.52.on volume of 337953. Its 52 week range is between $6.55 and $16.15.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Big Four Economic Indicators Weaken – Weather or Recession? | Financial Sense
- No Bear Market Signal Yet From Housing | Financial Sense
- Reuters Asks "Who Is More Of A Threat: Obama Or Putin", Surprised By The Answer | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 30 | ZeroHedge
- Former Fed Governor Admits Market Controlling The Fed Is A "Very Dangerous Development" | ZeroHedge
- The Unintended Consequences Of 'Mandatory Voting' | ZeroHedge
- WTI Tumbles To $47 Handle; Energy Stocks Don't Care At All | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google's Nest thermostats can't work out that the clocks have gone... | Business Insider
- What are traders chatting about this morning? Greece, Iran, and economic data ... (DIA, SPY, QQQ,... | Business Insider
- Here are the 3 times Trevor Noah, the guy replacing Jon Stewart, appeared on 'The... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (TSLA, AAPL, ZNGA, ORCL) | Business Insider
- Verdasco upsets Nadal as Serena, Murray advance at... | Business Insider
- Tsunami warning after Papua New Guinea hit by 7.7 quake | Business Insider
- Brazilian giants take bite out of world food sector | Business Insider