Strong Volume Gainers (CHTR,VSI,GNRC,RAIL,RST)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Charter Communications Inc (CHTR) is currently trading at $65.14 on volume of 1445413. Its 52 week range is between $41.33 and $65.32.
Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI) is currently trading at $50.95 on volume of 2651882. Its 52 week range is between $34.49 and $49.27.
Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC) is currently trading at $29.01 on volume of 2274296. Its 52 week range is between $15.41 and $30.5.
FreightCar America Inc (RAIL) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 697142. Its 52 week range is $12.82 and $30.18.
Rosetta Stone Inc (RST) is currently trading at $12.52.on volume of 337953. Its 52 week range is between $6.55 and $16.15.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 3 Things: Auto Angst, Valuation Vulnerabilities, & Delusional Decouplings | ZeroHedge
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- Bill Gross Goes Against His Insticts, Turns Bearish on Bond Markets | ZeroHedge
- 10 People You Can Vote For In 2016 Not Named Trump Or Clinton | ZeroHedge
- "The Stock Market Won't Crash, Yet" - The Barron's Cover Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- Should Britain Leave the EU? Two Analysts Debate | Financial Sense
- First "Shocking" Deposition In Clinton Email Case Reveals She Did Not Use A Password | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The answer to millennials' biggest money worry might have something to do... | Business Insider
- Obama's hug with a Hiroshima survivor epitomizes the historic visit | Business Insider
- Oil is a 'slippery situation' | Business Insider
- A 'Jeopardy!' champion who’s made over $130,000 can't... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Donald Trump repeats 'Pocahontas' Elizabeth Warren insult after... | Business Insider
- India is quietly becoming a space exploration powerhouse | Business Insider