Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ukraine Bonds Crash After Economy Minister Resigns Over "High-Level Corruption" | ZeroHedge
- New ETFs Directory with Category Lists and Simple Search | FundMyMutualFund
- China's 3 Trillion Dollar Mistake | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: The Awakening | ZeroHedge
- P2P Cracks Start To Show As LendingClub Write-Offs Double Forecasts | ZeroHedge
- 22 Signs That The Global Economic Turmoil We Have Seen So Far In 2016 Is Just The Beginning | ZeroHedge
- Get Ready... For The Pogrom! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 50 unnecessary things no one needs to buy | Business Insider
- Marissa Mayer is struggling to revive Yahoo's Google-like moonshot factory (YHOO) | Business Insider
- Johnny Manziel's family reportedly... | Business Insider
- The 5 best Super Bowl halftime shows — ranked | Business Insider
- Forget 'Call of Duty' — this new shooter is going to blow you away | Business Insider
- How to drastically simplify your workflow... | Business Insider
- This might be one of the most sensible, scientifically supported... | Business Insider