Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Retail Bubble Has Now Burst": A Record 8,640 Stores Are Closing In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Ontario Finally Moves to Douse Real Estate Inferno | Financial Sense
- Rate Normalization to Continue Above 2 Percent | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank: "It Was Good While It Lasted" | ZeroHedge
- You Got Trumped! Winning horse in presidential race was Trojan | ZeroHedge
- "Everything's Worse" - Where India's Disintegration Is Set To Begin | ZeroHedge
- IMF Drops Pledge To "Resist All Forms Of Protectionism" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The most ridiculous threats to come out of the North Korea in the last few... | Business Insider
- Russia and Saudi Arabia could face economic and political... | Business Insider
- 15 things both Trump and Obama wanted to trim from the federal government... | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- Another senior staffer has left a struggling hedge fund... | Business Insider
- Trump releases statement on Earth Day as his administration continues repealing... | Business Insider
- Animated map of what Earth would look like if all the ice... | Business Insider