Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Economics Of The Standoff Between Turkey And The Netherlands | ZeroHedge
- NJ Transit Service Suspended At Penn Station After Train Derailment | ZeroHedge
- Healthcare Vote Timing: 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm; "Hard No's" Drop To 18 | ZeroHedge
- The Divided Deep State Is A Symptom, Not The Disease | ZeroHedge
- Art Bubble Pops As Sales Crash To Lowest Level Since 'Great Recession' | ZeroHedge
- Dijsselbloem Must Go, But That Solves Nothing | ZeroHedge
- NOW Can We Admit the War On Terror Has Failed? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The investigation into Paul Manafort is growing | Business Insider
- OMNICHANNEL STRATEGY BUNDLE: Your guide to engaging with shoppers on multiple... | Business Insider
- UN: 'The worst is yet to come' with 400,000 Iraqis trapped in Mosul | Business Insider
- Rodrigo Duterte is again flirting with a dangerous change to the rule of law in the... | Business Insider
- 3 ways being lazy can help you succeed, according to the... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider