Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The One Table That Explains Why There No Longer Is Any Treasury Liquidity | ZeroHedge
- "Gold Is A Good Place To Put Money These Days" - Greenspan | ZeroHedge
- TRiCK O FReaK... | ZeroHedge
- Ally Financial (Formerly GMAC) Admits DoJ Subpoenas On Mortgage-Related Activities | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Carving Out a Good Halloween | iBankCoin.com
- Technical Lines in the Sand; All Eyes on the FOMC | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong Rages "Government Is Corrupt & Rotten To The Core" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hamilton seeks to divert attention from F1's problems | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 10 Cool Startups To Work For In New York City | Business Insider
- BILL CLINTON: Republicans Are Trying To... | Business Insider
- Watch How These Cancer Patients Reacted To Their Hilariously Awful... | Business Insider
- Herb Greenberg on the Stock Market: Here's Why Twitter Should Sell Itself | TheStreet.com
- Flu or Ebola? US hospitals prepare for a confusing season... | Business Insider