Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- McDonalds CEO Retires Following Horrible Year: New Boss Seen Here Wearing At Least 37 Pieces Of Flair | ZeroHedge
- "There Is No Reality Anymore..." | ZeroHedge
- The Algos Say Buy Oil | iBankCoin.com
- The US Economy In Two Pictures | ZeroHedge
- An Entire Generation of Fund Managers is Unprepared For the Next Crisis | ZeroHedge
- No Consensus on Rate Environment, Alibaba Misses | ZeroHedge
- "Everything Is Awesome" American Consumers Are The Happiest In 11 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon Still Has More Employees Than Microsoft And WAY More Robots (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Watch John McCain Blow Up At Protesters Heckling Henry Kissinger — 'Get Out Of... | Business Insider
- What It's Like When You're An American Using Britain's NHS | Business Insider
- The Archbishop Of Canterbury Says Twitter Is No Place For Arguments | Business Insider
- What It's Like To Ride 'The Train Of Death... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- New Ukraine peace talks to take place Friday | Business Insider