Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tech Innovations You Should Watch: Light-Based Memory, Quantum Computing, and Wireless Charging | Financial Sense
- Backwards Capitalism: Unprofitable Companies Outperforming For Last 15 Years | ZeroHedge
- Bumping Into Resistance | Financial Sense
- 8 Cities That Have Replaced Columbus Day With Indigenous Peoples Day | ZeroHedge
- Gold for Bear Market? | Financial Sense
- The Monetary Policy Dead-End | ZeroHedge
- FATCA: The Dumbest Law In History Just Went To The Next Level | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iran says Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian... | Business Insider
- Columbus Day is becoming 'Indigenous Peoples Day' in many... | Business Insider
- Amid Russian airstrikes, a Putin craze takes hold in... | Business Insider
- James Taylor's mother dies at Martha's Vineyard... | Business Insider
- Adam Savage of 'MythBusters' says... | Business Insider
- Sotomayor officiates at same-sex wedding in Washington | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek