Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe Unleashes Sanctions On 15 Individuals And 18 Entities (But No Russian Companies) | ZeroHedge
- The Rot Within, Part III: Our Political Order Is Defined By Favoritism And Extortion | ZeroHedge
- Congress Brings Socialism To America With This Proposed Law | ZeroHedge
- BitLicense Part 1 - Benjamin Lawsky's Attempt to Single-Handedly Drive the US Economy Back into the Dark Ages | ZeroHedge
- 5 Reasons Why The Market Won't Crash Or Will | ZeroHedge
- Housing Starts Plunge Due to Horrific Data From the South | Financial Sense
- "The West's Public Enemy Number One" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 12 Best Books The Marine Corps Wants Its Leaders To Read | Business Insider
- This Is Where The Tech Giants Are Spending Their Money In DC | Business Insider
- Twitter's CEO Under Pressure As Analysts Predict... | Business Insider
- This Mindset Can Prevent You From Succeeding At Work | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- It's Unfortunate That GM Has To Include A Slide Titled 'Second Quarter 2014 Vehicle Recall... | Business Insider
- 11 Sergey Brin Quotes That Reveal How Google Became One Of The Most Powerful Companies In... | Business Insider