Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Stunning Admission, Draghi Says A Country Can Leave Eurozone But Must "Settle Bill First" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Fires Up Europe's Anti-Establishment Movement | ZeroHedge
- Asian Media Warns Of Conflict, Economic Turmoil Under "Trump World Order" | ZeroHedge
- Yellen: Hot For Obama... But Not Trump | ZeroHedge
- Madonna: "I Have Thought An Awful Lot About Blowing Up The White House" | ZeroHedge
- Putin To Call Trump, May Schedule Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Season So Far: 27 Of 42 Reporting Companies Cite "Trump" Or "Administration" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boeing has an updated F-18 in the works — here's how it... | Business Insider
- What happened to virtual reality? (FB, GOOG) | Business Insider
- The New York Stock Exchange is fighting back against its critics | Business Insider
- What the prestigious $40,000-a-year school that's... | Business Insider
- Back-to-back shootings spark new concern about simmering narco... | Business Insider
- How to find happiness in the darkest moments | Business Insider
- Gregg Popovich goes off on Trump: 'You really can’t believe anything that comes out... | Business Insider