Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Australia Stunned After ISIS Plan To "Publicly Behead Random Person In Sydney" Foiled | ZeroHedge
- THe ALiBaBa IPO PaRaDiGM... | ZeroHedge
- Dow Theory: Yellow Flags or Green Light? | Financial Sense
- 45 Facts That Show How Far America Has Fallen In This Generation | ZeroHedge
- Congress Brings 'Atlas Shrugged' To America With This New Bill | ZeroHedge
- The News In Pictures | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Says "No" - Pound Remains Vulnerable To Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Man Has Invented A One-Piece Suit, And It Actually Looks Fantastic | Business Insider
- 49 Turks kidnapped by IS militants freed: PM | Business Insider
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Absolutely Loves 'Forrest Gump' | Business Insider
- 77% Of People In Relationships Think Men Should Pay On The First Date | Business Insider
- Belgium thwarts jihadist attacks: report | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- A Declassified CIA Paper Shows How Close The US And The Soviets... | Business Insider