Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Central Bankers Look Naked... & Investors Have Nothing Else To Believe In" | ZeroHedge
- Why Deez Nuts Is Actually Critically Important For The Future Of The Country | ZeroHedge
- Air Conditioner Failure At CenturyLink Data Center Takes ITG Dark Pool Offline | ZeroHedge
- Former Greek FinMin Varoufakis Launches Pan-European Anti-Austerity Political Party | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Asks The $64 Trillion Question: Is China Dumping Treasurys? | ZeroHedge
- Recession Watch - Durable Goods Growth Slows In July, Core Capex Orders Decline 6 Straight Months | ZeroHedge
- Silver Is Soaring | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how Windows 10 sales compare to Windows 7 and 8 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- 9 science-backed reasons to own a dog | Business Insider
- Gap to end on-call scheduling | Business Insider
- One good thing has come from the stock market rout (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- The YouTube stars behind Disney's brilliant plan to unleash new... | Business Insider
- One retailer is reaping huge benefits from the trend killing Macy's... | Business Insider
- MSNBC ending Sharpton's daily show | Business Insider