Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wells Fargo To Be Sanctioned By DOJ For Improperly Seizing Soldiers' Cars | ZeroHedge
- Vice Index Shows the Start of a Downtrend | Financial Sense
- Watch This Key Level | Financial Sense
- BofA Stunned By Record VIX Roundtrip; Fears "Fragile Market" | ZeroHedge
- US Spending Disappoints In August As Savings Rate Rises For Second Month | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Fed Bounces But Employment Slips | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Back Where We Started | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chelsea Handler interviewed Ann Coulter's... | Business Insider
- Kik continues to push the envelope with launch of new chatbot feature | Business Insider
- Elon Musk says he won't go to Mars and help colonize it because he doesn... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton campaign: 'Trump's business with Cuba appears to have broken the law' | Business Insider
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- 'Business as usual': A criminologist... | Business Insider
- Understand the payments industry in one hour with this report | Business Insider