Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Economist Calls Victory For "No" Camp: Sees 60% Voting "Oxi" | ZeroHedge
- "The US Needs War Every 4 Years To Maintain Economic Growth" | ZeroHedge
- Independence Day, Twice Removed | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- Greece Deal, ADP Cheer Markets | Financial Sense
- The Real Bubble: Average M&A Multiple Hits 16x As First Half Volume Crosses Record $1 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- MaRaTHoN MeNSCH-auBLe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- $10 billion tech unicorn WeWork says it is not dependent on venture funding for its revenues | Business Insider
- Here's what it means to be the weapons master on a 'Terminator... | Business Insider
- We tried George Washington's secret beer recipe | Business Insider
- A 29-year-old has crowdsourced $2 million to save Greece | Business Insider
- This Londoner is raising thousands for a... | Business Insider
- Tunisia declares state of emergency after beach attack | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek