Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Day After Recommending the Veritaseum Leveraged Macro Trade Against Goldman's Earnings, 50% Profit! | ZeroHedge
- Meet Fiery Cross Reef, China's Man-Made Military Island Outpost | ZeroHedge
- Men Go Mad In Herds | ZeroHedge
- Is May 9 The Grexit Date? | ZeroHedge
- China Sees Largest Capital Outflow In Three Years Amid Currency Conundrum | ZeroHedge
- Greece Is About To Be 'Fixed' For Good | ZeroHedge
- Is This How The Bank Of Japan "Signals" It Is About To Boost QE? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Muscle memory has nothing to do with muscles — here's how it works | Business Insider
- Companies can't find workers who can hold a conversation or show up on time | Business Insider
- Bosnia claims second world's largest stew | Business Insider
- How our diets have changed in the last 22 years | Business Insider
- Science says that being too good-looking can screw up your career, especially if... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Why some people believe Mark Zuckerberg's plan to bring cheap... | Business Insider