Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deja Deja Deja Vu All Over Again | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Top? Private Equity "Exits" Surge To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- New York Mayor de Blasio Demands A Federal Bailout For Puerto Rico | ZeroHedge
- Energy Sector Weighs on Market as Selloff Continues | Financial Sense
- Now It's Personal: Koch Brothers "Freeze Out" Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- The Cost of Stagnation: We're Living In Limbo | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The director of 'True Detective' season 1 is unveiling a new Netflix... | Business Insider
- This company is delivering bitcoin-... | Business Insider
- 50 Cent was literally throwing wads of cash into the... | Business Insider
- How Hillary Clinton flubbed the dreaded interview question: What's your biggest... | Business Insider
- Zlatan strikes as PSG down United | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- Uber may be about to make a $1 billion investment in India | Business Insider