Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Consumer Is So Exuberant, Best Buy's Website Just Died | ZeroHedge
- This Sunday May Mark The End Of Western Monetary Dominance | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- OPEC Decision Is "Major Strike Against The American Market", Russian Tycoon Says | ZeroHedge
- The 5th Amendment: Why A Law Professor Says "Don't Talk To Police" | ZeroHedge
- The First Oil-Exporting Casualty Of The Crude Carnage: Venezuela | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Yes Vote Possible - First “Gold Rush” Of 21st Century? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pope arrives in Ankara to begin three-day Turkey visit | Business Insider
- Microsoft Accidentally Announced That It's Acquiring... | Business Insider
- France eyes two-year deadline for Mideast peace | Business Insider
- Check Out The Gulfstream 650 — The Biggest, Fastest Private Jet In The Skies | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Here Are The Strange Criteria That Matter At 'The National Dog Show... | Business Insider
- German unemployment falls more than expected in November... | Business Insider