Strong Volume Gainers (IYY,DKS,DFG,OPNT,GOLF)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Dow Jones U.S. Index (IYY) is currently trading at $67.36 on volume of 244414. Its 52 week range is between $53.52 and $71.49.
Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) is currently trading at $51.16 on volume of 5842760. Its 52 week range is between $29.1 and $51.58.
Delphi Financial Group Inc (DFG) is currently trading at $45.51 on volume of 2510788. Its 52 week range is between $20.04 and $45.55.
OPNET Technologies Inc (OPNT) is currently trading at $27.1.on volume of 945695. Its 52 week range is $22.08 and $47.97.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc (GOLF) is currently trading at $6.05.on volume of 244933. Its 52 week range is between $2.44 and $6.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is The "Most Dangerous Moment In Human History," Stephen Hawking Warns | ZeroHedge
- Freedom Party's Hofer Defeated By Greens' Van der Bellen In Austria's Presidential Election | ZeroHedge
- Something Strange Is Taking Place In The Mediterranean | ZeroHedge
- Tomorrow's Vote In Italy Will Be A "Wide-Ranging F**k Off", And It's Just The Start... | ZeroHedge
- All Eyes On Monte Paschi, Whose Bailout Is Now In Doubt, And Italian Bank Sector Contagion | ZeroHedge
- Democrat Strategist on CNN Said ‘We Don’t Need White People Leading Democrats Now’ | ZeroHedge
- Trump Saber Rattles China, Heightens His Anti-Globalist Rhetoric on Twitter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's kid-friendly Kindle is a great value right now | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Betterment's diversification plan pays off | Business Insider
- Microsoft wants to spread a message of 'harmony' with its holiday ad to... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider