Strong Volume Gainers (JNJ,VTV,ELT,NDZ,RPTP)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is currently trading at $63.75 on volume of 73382192. Its 52 week range is between $59.08 and $68.05.
Vanguard Value ETF (VTV) is currently trading at $54.59 on volume of 2151523. Its 52 week range is between $44.47 and $58.48.
Elster Group SE (ELT) is currently trading at $15.68 on volume of 499393. Its 52 week range is between $11.52 and $17.74.
Nordion Inc (NDZ) is currently trading at $9.05.on volume of 1393565. Its 52 week range is $8 and $11.5.
Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp (RPTP) is currently trading at $5.7.on volume of 2841439. Its 52 week range is between $3.66 and $7.9.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Target2 Imbalances Grow: ECB Overtakes Greece as Third Largest Debtor | Financial Sense
- Bond Mechanics in a Negative Interest Rate World | Financial Sense
- For Those Who Still Care About Fundamentals, A Troubling Chart | ZeroHedge
- There Is Now A Staggering $11.7 Trillion In Negative Yielding Debt | ZeroHedge
- Don't Worry, You Are Not Alone: "No One Knows How To Price Brexit" Citi Admits | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index: Decrease in May | Financial Sense
- Nike Tumbles To August 2015 Levels After Missing On Revenue, Future Orders, Margin Decline | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 32 college majors where graduates don't end up doing what they expect | Business Insider
- Jessica Williams is leaving 'The Daily Show' | Business Insider
- Watch NASA ignite the rocket booster that will take humans to Mars | Business Insider
- The author of a new tell-all book about the Clintons is struggling to explain holes... | Business Insider
- Drunken-driving convictions could increase because of the Supreme Court's... | Business Insider
- The Phillippines' new president is already making good... | Business Insider
- The Fed's job keeps getting more and more complicated | Business Insider