Strong Volume Gainers (FLOT,IDCC,ELT,XG,KID)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Floating Rate Note (FLOT) is currently trading at $49.99 on volume of 901261. Its 52 week range is between $48.6 and $51.02.
InterDigital Inc (IDCC) is currently trading at $29.56 on volume of 3635547. Its 52 week range is between $22.37 and $82.5.
Elster Group SE (ELT) is currently trading at $19.25 on volume of 1788824. Its 52 week range is between $11.52 and $17.74.
Extorre Gold Mines Ltd (XG) is currently trading at $4.1.on volume of 6926841. Its 52 week range is $2.15 and $15.42.
Kid Brands Inc (KID) is currently trading at $2.02.on volume of 383519. Its 52 week range is between $1.81 and $5.4.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Curious Timing of Japan's Stimulus Announcement | Financial Sense
- Previewing The BOJ's Decision: What Wall Street Expects Will Happen | ZeroHedge
- Black Hope Matters | ZeroHedge
- Terrible News Is Great News - Traders Buy Everything After GDP Disappointment | ZeroHedge
- And Now: The "Closest, Nastiest, Most Unpredictable" Campaign You Can Imagine | ZeroHedge
- Did The DNC Hire Actors (At Below Minimum Wage) To Work At The Convention? | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Throw Out the Fundamentals—Negative Rates Could Push the Dow Up to 40,000 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'The Walking Dead' villain geeked out the first time he stepped on... | Business Insider
- 18 sneaky tactics to figure out what other people are thinking before they say a word | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton's historic nomination could give her a big bump in... | Business Insider
- Obama has great taste — here are his favorite movies, books... | Business Insider
- Some US intelligence officials suspect Russia... | Business Insider
- US economy grows less than expected in Q2 | Business Insider
- US diplomats: Russia's actions are once again escalating the situation in Ukraine... | Business Insider