Strong Volume Gainers (FLOT,IDCC,ELT,XG,KID)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Floating Rate Note (FLOT) is currently trading at $49.99 on volume of 901261. Its 52 week range is between $48.6 and $51.02.
InterDigital Inc (IDCC) is currently trading at $29.56 on volume of 3635547. Its 52 week range is between $22.37 and $82.5.
Elster Group SE (ELT) is currently trading at $19.25 on volume of 1788824. Its 52 week range is between $11.52 and $17.74.
Extorre Gold Mines Ltd (XG) is currently trading at $4.1.on volume of 6926841. Its 52 week range is $2.15 and $15.42.
Kid Brands Inc (KID) is currently trading at $2.02.on volume of 383519. Its 52 week range is between $1.81 and $5.4.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is the Dollar’s Major Bull Run Over? | Financial Sense
- THe BuTT oF HiS OWN JoKe... | ZeroHedge
- UPS Braces For $3.8 Billion Charge As Treasury's Pension Benefit Decision Looms | ZeroHedge
- Bloomberg UNMASKED - The Truth about ZH from Forex perspective | ZeroHedge
- Schwab Is Forcing Cash Out Of Money Market Funds And Into Treasuries | ZeroHedge
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RANKED: Here are the 10 best airports in Europe | Business Insider
- Halliburton's mega-merger with Baker Hughes is going to be called... | Business Insider
- The simple reason why the old 'sell in May' cliche is terrible advice (SPY, SPX... | Business Insider
- Scientists are working to make cows obsolete | Business Insider
- GEORGE FRIEDMAN: Chinese President Xi Jinping just made a move that has '... | Business Insider
- McDonald's is investigating separatists who are... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek