Strong Volume Gainers (FLOT,IDCC,ELT,XG,KID)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Floating Rate Note (FLOT) is currently trading at $49.99 on volume of 901261. Its 52 week range is between $48.6 and $51.02.
InterDigital Inc (IDCC) is currently trading at $29.56 on volume of 3635547. Its 52 week range is between $22.37 and $82.5.
Elster Group SE (ELT) is currently trading at $19.25 on volume of 1788824. Its 52 week range is between $11.52 and $17.74.
Extorre Gold Mines Ltd (XG) is currently trading at $4.1.on volume of 6926841. Its 52 week range is $2.15 and $15.42.
Kid Brands Inc (KID) is currently trading at $2.02.on volume of 383519. Its 52 week range is between $1.81 and $5.4.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 60% Of Retail Sales Growth In Hong Kong Was Due To The iPhone 6 | ZeroHedge
- Either Oil Soars Back To $88, Or Energy Stocks Have To Tumble By Over 40% | ZeroHedge
- It Begins: Energy Giant Chevron Suspends Stock Buyback, Blames "Cash Flow Squeeze" | ZeroHedge
- Crude Contagion: California's Kern County Declares Fiscal Emergency Due To Plunging Oil Price | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why The ECB's QE Will Work, According To The ECB | ZeroHedge
- Is The Swiss Franc Tumbling Due To Month-End SNB Window-Dressing? | ZeroHedge
- "They're Out Of Their Minds" Gorbachev Slams US 'Triumphalism' For "Turning Cold War 'Hot'" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 25 Most Valuable Cloud Computing Companies Are Worth Way More Than You'd Think... | Business Insider
- How To Write Emails That Get Replies From Extremely Busy People | Business Insider
- At least 12 killed in Pakistan Shiite mosque bombing | Business Insider
- Here Comes GDP... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Physicists Have Built A Time Machine Simulator | Business Insider
- Facebook's Earnings by the Numbers: A Look at the Advertising Giant's Record Results | TheStreet.com