Strong Volume Gainers (FLOT,IDCC,ELT,XG,KID)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Floating Rate Note (FLOT) is currently trading at $49.99 on volume of 901261. Its 52 week range is between $48.6 and $51.02.
InterDigital Inc (IDCC) is currently trading at $29.56 on volume of 3635547. Its 52 week range is between $22.37 and $82.5.
Elster Group SE (ELT) is currently trading at $19.25 on volume of 1788824. Its 52 week range is between $11.52 and $17.74.
Extorre Gold Mines Ltd (XG) is currently trading at $4.1.on volume of 6926841. Its 52 week range is $2.15 and $15.42.
Kid Brands Inc (KID) is currently trading at $2.02.on volume of 383519. Its 52 week range is between $1.81 and $5.4.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold, the SDR and BRICS | Financial Sense
- Greek Municipal Union Refuses To Hand Over "Confiscated" Cash To Central Bank | ZeroHedge
- Dealers Carry Weak 2 Year Auction; Indirect Bid Slides | ZeroHedge
- Officials Warn Senkakus Fall Under US Protection; Japan To Take "More Assertive" Military Role | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Charity CEO Explains Tax Reporting "Mistakes" | ZeroHedge
- AAPL Beats Expectations As China Becomes Dominant iPhone Market; Cash Jumps But So Does Debt | ZeroHedge
- The Race to Diversify - Too Much Paper, Too Little Gold | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Expect the Fed to have a more 'somber' outlook on the economy this week | Business Insider
- 11 best companies to work for | Business Insider
- How the Supreme Court's 'first gay justice'... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- A former hacker describes how he survives being... | Business Insider
- Baltimore city mayor calls out 'thugs'... | Business Insider
- The cofounder and CFO of Box once made an awkward appearance on a reality TV... | Business Insider