Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart(s) Of The Day: A Decade Of GDP Revisions | ZeroHedge
- 3 Reasons Yellen's FOMC Remains Dovish | Financial Sense
- FLASH: STOCKS CRASH THROUGH THE FLOORBOARDS | iBankCoin.com
- Muppet Slaughter: Goldman Removes Adidas From Its "Conviction Buy" List Minutes After Its Biggest Drop In History | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Slams Israel's "Unacceptable" Shelling Of UN Shelters As "Totally Indefensible" | ZeroHedge
- The Trillion Dollar Question: What Happens When Quantitative Easing Ends? | Financial Sense
- Peter Schiff And Doug Casey On The "Real" State Of The Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Glu Mobile Stock Is Tanking in Pre-Market Trading Today | TheStreet.com
- This App Creates A Digital Village To Raise A Child | Business Insider
- Shazam's Got A New Mac App — And It Can... | Business Insider
- The 'Highway Cliff' Is Back, And It's Rearing Its Ugly Head Just... | Business Insider
- This Is What The Earth Looked Like When It Was Only Half A Billion Years Old | Business Insider
- 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Your iPad (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 15 Research-Backed Ways To Make People Like You | Business Insider