Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Buyback Party Is Over" - Albert Edwards Warns The "Market Is Now Running On Fumes" | ZeroHedge
- Fissure Eruption Begins In Iceland As Bardarbunga Magma Breaches The Surface | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Drop YoY For 10th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- No Bubble At All: Jessica Alba's Diaper-Delivery Startup Is Valued At $1 Billion, Prepares For IPO | ZeroHedge
- ETP Receives Vote of Supreme Confidence | iBankCoin.com
- I Blame The Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- Art Cashin Warns Bulls: "History" Not On Their Side | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Malaysia Airlines suspends shares ahead of reform plan | Business Insider
- No Internet. No Microsoft Windows. No iPods. This Is What Tech Was Like In 1984 | Business Insider
- These Are The 10 Biggest Office Distractions | Business Insider
- 'Jessica Jones' Is Next Marvel Netflix Series... | Business Insider
- Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Are Finally Married | Business Insider
- What ABC’s 30-Year-Old ESPN Purchase Teaches Us About Twitch | TheStreet.com
- Samsung's New Necklace Is The Strangest Tech Product We've Seen... | Business Insider