Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Deadlocked Election Coming Up In Spain | ZeroHedge
- Surprise! Baltic Dry Index Plunges Most Since November As Commodity Bubble Bursts | ZeroHedge
- Banks Tighten As Economic Outlook Grows More Uncertain | Financial Sense
- One Chart Says It All | ZeroHedge
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
- An Open Letter To Those Disappointed By 'Both' US Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- "Rich" Americans Confidence Crashes Most Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- RICK RIEDER: These 2 factors will help you predict the next Fed rate hike | Business Insider
- Air Force test pilot shares if the F-35 or A-10 is better for close... | Business Insider
- Victoria's Secret's business is doing the unthinkable and investors... | Business Insider
- Amazon Prime members can still order Mother's Day flowers in time for... | Business Insider
- Heroin's trail of destruction begins in the poppy fields of... | Business Insider
- A bacteria might block mosquitoes from transmitting... | Business Insider