Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Not So Fast With Those "Rising Wages" | ZeroHedge
- How Much More Ridiculous Can It Get? | ZeroHedge
- Will Uncle Sam Confiscate Gold Again? | ZeroHedge
- Financial Sector to Cut Credit Supply Lines for Oil and Gas Industry | Financial Sense
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- West Point Professor Calls For Military Strikes On Journalists Critical Of War On Terror | ZeroHedge
- Is a Global Debt Deleveraging At Our Doorstep? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Futures are lower after the jobs report (SPY, DJI, IXIC) | Business Insider
- Internet connectivity is driving the biggest in-car... | Business Insider
- The US government is not spending enough on cybersecurity | Business Insider
- There's been no correlation between China's economic... | Business Insider
- Reddit 'gold' raises surprisingly little money for the company | Business Insider
- Forest Service spends a record $243 million on wildfires | Business Insider