Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Project "Make Everyone German" Has Failed... | ZeroHedge
- Domestic Consumer Spending Goes Up | Financial Sense
- "Artificial" Phantom Liquidity Will Disappear In "Adverse, Turbulent" Markets, BIS Warns | ZeroHedge
- As Foretold In 2010, Greece Was GUARANTEED to Default Regardless Of Any Aid It Received and These Countries Have Similar Issues | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- Chinese Regulator Blames Ongoing Market Crash On "Rumors", Demands Traders "Act Rational" | ZeroHedge
- Why Buffett Bet A Billion On Solar | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 17 'healthy habits' you're better off giving up | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Japan factory production down 2.2% on-month in May | Business Insider
- And now we have our first presidential candidate warning about... | Business Insider
- This one personality trait can make or break your career | Business Insider
- 57 countries hold signing ceremony to set up China-led... | Business Insider
- Iran nuclear talks enter 'critical phase' | Business Insider