Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In No State Can A Minimum Wage Worker Afford A One Bedroom Apartment | ZeroHedge
- US Retaliates At China Escalation, Warns Sea "Sandcastles" May "Lead To Conflict" | ZeroHedge
- Is Greece Still A Country If Someone Else Owns Its Assets? | ZeroHedge
- "New Silk Road" Could Change Global Economics Forever, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- FBI Confirms No Major Terrorism Cases Cracked Via Unconstitutional Patriot Act Phone Spying | ZeroHedge
- Time to Sell Junk Bonds? Maybe Not | Financial Sense
- Welcome To The Oligarch Recovery: 82% Of US Construction Is Luxury Units | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 18 FARC rebels killed in Colombia army air strike | Business Insider
- What all the 'Avengers' superheroes really looked like in the comics they were... | Business Insider
- What everyone is missing about ISIS' big week | Business Insider
- 16 amazing photos of the most extreme penguins on earth | Business Insider
- Higher wages are here and there's nothing corporate America can do to stop it (ROST) | Business Insider
- Bank of Japan holds fire on stimulus after upbeat GDP... | Business Insider
- Peruvian goalie drop-kicks referee in the back after receiving a yellow card | Business Insider