Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
- Mortgage Applications Tumble As Citi Warns Oil-Drop Risks Housing/Jobs Slump | ZeroHedge
- Someone Is Lying | ZeroHedge
- This Wasn't Supposed To Happen: 7 In 10 Americans To Save, Spend Gas "Tax Cut" On Bills Not Gifts | ZeroHedge
- Veteran EM Fund Manager Warns "The Youngsters Are About To Be Schooled" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Dec 18, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- The "Unequivocally 'Not' Good" Reality Of Lower Oil Prices & Jobs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Series Of Big Storms Won't Be Enough To Fix The California Drought | Business Insider
- 'The Interview' Movie Posters Are Going For Over $500 Online | Business Insider
- 8 Stylish Gifts That Will Arrive By Christmas Eve | Business Insider
- European Stocks Are Surging | Business Insider
- This 'One In 10 Million' American Talent... | Business Insider
- Here's Why US Authorities Think North Korea Hacked Sony (SNE) | Business Insider
- Fitbit's Newest Fitness Tracker Is Great For The Price, But You Probably Shouldn't Buy... | Business Insider