Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Behavior of the Market Actually Has Very Little to do with Trump | Financial Sense
- The Last Time This Happened, The Market Crashed | ZeroHedge
- Bill Maher Lashes Out At Cal Berkeley's "F**king Babies" | ZeroHedge
- Yesterday's Broad Power Outage Likely Caused By Geomagnetic Storm | ZeroHedge
- 'Soft' Data Bloodbath - Manufacturing/Services PMI Plunge Below Trump Election Lows | ZeroHedge
- Rate Normalization to Continue Above 2 Percent | Financial Sense
- "Total Chaos" - Cyber Attack Feared As Multiple Cities Hit With Simultaneous Power Grid Failures | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everyone should read John Kelly's speech about 2 Marines in the path of a truck bomb... | Business Insider
- Alt finance takes the unicorn lead | Business Insider
- 5 ways to make your next flight less stressful | Business Insider
- OMNICHANNEL STRATEGY BUNDLE: Your guide to... | Business Insider
- 11 exclusive events around the world where you're most... | Business Insider
- A major credit card company is testing fingerprint technology to fight fraud | Business Insider
- 21 things you should never say when you meet someone new | Business Insider