Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 70% Of Calfornia's Doctors Expected To Boycott Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- 21st Century - Reality Vs. Storyline | ZeroHedge
- Analysts Line Up to Declare “Decline & Fall” of Gold After 2.6% Tumble | Financial Sense
- The Global Economy in 2014 – the OECD, Japan, and China | Financial Sense
- Dollar Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Crashes, Loses Half Of Its Value In Two Days | ZeroHedge
- Gold: A Chance for a Bottom | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why One Economist Is Concerned About China's Surging Exports | Business Insider
- Al Qaeda Is Thriving In Yemen | Business Insider
- Kristen Wiig Returns To 'SNL' To Parody 'The Sound Of Music' | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Apple Has A New Way To Watch You While You Shop And It Could Soon Be Everywhere... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- What's Causing ReneSola (SOL) to Tumble? | TheStreet.com