Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Business Inventories Jump, Sales Tumble Sending Ratio To Recession-Warning Cycle Highs | ZeroHedge
- THe DeuTSCHe LoCKeR... | ZeroHedge
- The Curious Case Of The "Strong" January Retail Sales: It Was All In The Seasonal Adjustment | ZeroHedge
- 637 Rate Cuts And $12.3 Trillion In Global QE Later, World Shocked To Find "Quantitative Failure" | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "Markets Are Crying Out For A Circuit Breaker", But There Is A Problem | ZeroHedge
- "Distressed" Bonds Accelerating At "Alarming Pace", Markit Warns | ZeroHedge
- China Explores Its Monetary Easing Toolkit | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These maps of 1.1 billion New York taxi rides show Manhattan's allure | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- A Wharton professor shares 3 science-backed strategies for raising highly creative... | Business Insider
- 13 jobs that are quickly disappearing thanks to robots | Business Insider
- OIL EXPLODES, DOW GAINS 300: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- Aston Martin's new V12 engine sounds positively devilish | Business Insider
- This is what $12.12 trillion worth of household debt looks like | Business Insider