Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Visualizing The Silver Squeeze | ZeroHedge
- Steve Cohen's SAC May Face Criminal Charges | ZeroHedge
- The Last of the 2008 Doomsday Scenarios Is Fading Away | Financial Sense
- Portugal Banks Warn European Leaders: "You Can't Keep Playing With Fire" | ZeroHedge
- Jeff Gundlach: "We Are Drowning In Central Banking" | ZeroHedge
- It’s Official: Gold Is Now The Most Hated Asset Class | ZeroHedge
- What Inflation Means to You: Inside the Consumer Price Index | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everyone In Zephyrhills, Florida Is Anxiously Wondering Who Just Won Almost $600 Million In The... | Business Insider
- Cities Need More Starbucks, Not City Targets | TheStreet.com
- How An Addiction To Beauty Nearly Destroyed My Life | Business Insider
- United Is About To Put The Boeing Dreamliner Back In The Air | Business Insider
- Qantas Commissioned Novels That Are The Exact Length Of Their Flight Times | Business Insider
- Herbalife's Stock Is Ripping | Business Insider
- A Group Of Skaters Recorded The Gripping Aftermath Of Friday's Metro Train Crash | Business Insider