Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Staff Sergeant Dignam’s Take on Whether the Market Has Bottomed | iBankCoin.com
- No End to Central Bank Meddling as ECB Embraces ‘Quantitative Easing’, Faulty Logic | Financial Sense
- U.S. Consumer Spending: A Positive Surprise! | Financial Sense
- Q1 Earnings in Focus | Financial Sense
- More "De-escalation" - NATO Sends Five Warships To Baltic Sea | ZeroHedge
- China Wanted Capitalism But it Also Got Strikes | ZeroHedge
- If The Smart Money Is Selling, Who's Buying? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Happiest Companies In America | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 9 Incredibly Useful Russian Words With No English Equivalent | Business Insider
- Here Are the Best Days of the Week to Buy Gas | TheStreet.com
- Here's How To Greet People Around The World | Business Insider
- Collective CEO Joe Apprendi Tells Us When He'll Go For An IPO | Business Insider
- General Mills Says That If You 'Like' It On Facebook, You Can Never Sue... | Business Insider