Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ECB Embarrassment: €18 In QE Generated Just €1 In GDP Growth | ZeroHedge
- Trump-Clinton Debate Rules Leaked: 90 Minutes Straight, No Step-Stool, & No Coughing Breaks Allowed | ZeroHedge
- A Confused Janet Yellen Tries To Figure Out If Stocks Are In A Bubble, Fails | ZeroHedge
- Trump: Titan of Corporate Tax Cuts | ZeroHedge
- The Unseen Revolution in Chinese Finances | Financial Sense
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
- Italy Is The EU's Weakest Link | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RBC: Why Netflix stock could double in the next 3 years (NFLX) | Business Insider
- The 30 highest-paying jobs you can get with an associate degree | Business Insider
- This genius subscription takes all of the annoyance and guesswork out of... | Business Insider
- The 11 most luxurious all-inclusive resorts in the world | Business Insider
- Why Portland has so many strip clubs | Business Insider
- THE INSURTECH REPORT: How financial technology firms... | Business Insider
- The 5 hardest things about retiring before 50, according to people who did it | Business Insider