Strong Volume Gainers (JJG,QSFT,STZ,MDGN,SNTA)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iPath DJ-UBS Grains TR Sub-Idx ETN (JJG) is currently trading at $50.45 on volume of 180456. Its 52 week range is between $40.32 and $55.84.
Quest Software Inc (QSFT) is currently trading at $27.7 on volume of 9854174. Its 52 week range is between $14.61 and $26.85.
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) is currently trading at $21.86 on volume of 16743536. Its 52 week range is between $16.42 and $24.87.
Medgenics Inc (MDGN) is currently trading at $11.88.on volume of 648690. Its 52 week range is $2.08 and $10.6.
Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp (SNTA) is currently trading at $7.79.on volume of 3923631. Its 52 week range is between $3.02 and $7.24.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt | Financial Sense
- The Race to Diversify - Too Much Paper, Too Little Gold | Financial Sense
- China’s New Investment Bank: A Premature Prophecy | Financial Sense
- October 15th Bond Market Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
- White House Admits Russian Hackers Read Obama's Unclassified Emails | ZeroHedge
- Volume Data Have Eased One Concern | Financial Sense
- For Nazi Industrialists And Hitler's Banker "All Was Forgiven" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside the office of London design company MOO, which prints some of the... | Business Insider
- NYPD thanks Swedish cops on vacation for breaking up... | Business Insider
- There's a funny reason people didn't understand how to use... | Business Insider
- Choppers rescue Everest avalanche victims: AFP | Business Insider
- Arsenal aim to redraw lines of Chelsea rivalry | Business Insider
- Tesco is going cut thousands of products from its supermarket shelves... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank Q1 profits fall 50% over litigation costs | Business Insider