Strong Volume Gainers (XPH,FEIC,KORS,ACWX,NSM)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals (XPH) is currently trading at $58.51 on volume of 309870. Its 52 week range is between $43.32 and $61.06.
FEI Co (FEIC) is currently trading at $55.67 on volume of 2089500. Its 52 week range is between $26.61 and $55.85.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $49.33 on volume of 18506668. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
iShares MSCI ACWI ex US Index (ACWX) is currently trading at $38.42.on volume of 1119542. Its 52 week range is $33.23 and $41.73.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $27.67.on volume of 2670678. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $26.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dan Wantrobski on Why We're Not at a Market Top; Corrections Still Buying Opportunities | Financial Sense
- Treasury Collateral Shortage Crosses The Atlantic, Makes European Landfall | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Bullard: Raise Rates or Face ‘Devastating’ Bubbles | Financial Sense
- INDEUD | iBankCoin.com
- Financial Feudalism | ZeroHedge
- Nuclear Deal Offers Only a Glimmer of Hope for Iran’s Economy | Financial Sense
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dramatic images of the massive fire and building... | Business Insider
- The Facebook engineer who taught its data how to dance is... | Business Insider
- Women on FTSE 100 boards doubled over the last four years | Business Insider
- How you can try the virtual reality headset making the tech industry go gaga | Business Insider
- Crude oil is ripping higher (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Sean Parker's new social media... | Business Insider