Strong Volume Gainers (XPH,FEIC,KORS,ACWX,NSM)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals (XPH) is currently trading at $58.51 on volume of 309870. Its 52 week range is between $43.32 and $61.06.
FEI Co (FEIC) is currently trading at $55.67 on volume of 2089500. Its 52 week range is between $26.61 and $55.85.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $49.33 on volume of 18506668. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
iShares MSCI ACWI ex US Index (ACWX) is currently trading at $38.42.on volume of 1119542. Its 52 week range is $33.23 and $41.73.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $27.67.on volume of 2670678. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $26.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Is The Reason Why Stocks Just Had Their Best Month Since October 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Rules of the Game | iBankCoin.com
- NYSE Margin Debt Declined in January | Financial Sense
- David Stockman Warns "It's One Of The Scariest Moments In History" | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Weekend Catch Up | ZeroHedge
- Annaly CEO: Central Bankers Are Witch Doctors, Demands "Return To Market-Driven Pricing" | ZeroHedge
- 10 Reasons Washington Has War Fever | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 5 best duffel bags for all types of athletes [up to 42% off] | Business Insider
- Former RadiumOne CEO making amends | Business Insider
- Who's running Microsoft these days? Satya Nadella's brain trust | Business Insider
- Police recover pearl gown stolen from movie star Nyong'... | Business Insider
- Estonia's coalition takes early lead in election count | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov's murder... | Business Insider