Strong Volume Gainers (XPH,FEIC,KORS,ACWX,NSM)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals (XPH) is currently trading at $58.51 on volume of 309870. Its 52 week range is between $43.32 and $61.06.
FEI Co (FEIC) is currently trading at $55.67 on volume of 2089500. Its 52 week range is between $26.61 and $55.85.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $49.33 on volume of 18506668. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
iShares MSCI ACWI ex US Index (ACWX) is currently trading at $38.42.on volume of 1119542. Its 52 week range is $33.23 and $41.73.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $27.67.on volume of 2670678. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $26.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Planning for Future Rate Hikes: What Can History Tell Us that the Fed Won’t? | Financial Sense
- The Dude Abides: China in the Golden Age of Central Bankers | Financial Sense
- ... In Which SocGen Starts A Rumor That The Next QE Will Come From China | ZeroHedge
- Some Thoughts on Slowing House Price Appreciation in the U.S. | Financial Sense
- The World's Two Most Expensive Cities For Expats Are Located On This Surprising Continent | ZeroHedge
- A BusinessWeek Cover We Firmly Support | ZeroHedge
- Israel Is Bombing Gaza Back to the Stone Age to Get Hamas ... But ISIS – NOT HAMAS – Claims Credit for Attacks Against Israel | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Inside Story Of How Rap... | Business Insider
- This Never-Before-Seen WWII Document Offers An Inside Account... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- The Best Drone Photos Of 2014 | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: PC Shipments Stabilize With Help From Lenovo | Business Insider
- The Problem With Mobile Phone... | Business Insider