Strong Volume Gainers (XPH,FEIC,KORS,ACWX,NSM)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals (XPH) is currently trading at $58.51 on volume of 309870. Its 52 week range is between $43.32 and $61.06.
FEI Co (FEIC) is currently trading at $55.67 on volume of 2089500. Its 52 week range is between $26.61 and $55.85.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $49.33 on volume of 18506668. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
iShares MSCI ACWI ex US Index (ACWX) is currently trading at $38.42.on volume of 1119542. Its 52 week range is $33.23 and $41.73.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $27.67.on volume of 2670678. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $26.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Social Security Versus CBO – Who Do You Trust? | Financial Sense
- Right Now: House Voting Whether To Sue Obama | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Why Impeachment Is Necessary | ZeroHedge
- A Look Inside The World's Largest Naval Exercise | ZeroHedge
- Our Totalitarian Future - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Obama Sued: House Authorizes Lawsuit Against President With 225-201 Vote | ZeroHedge
- Portuguese Regulator Bans Short-Selling After Banco Espirito Santo Unveils Massive $5 Billion Loss | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 'Highway Cliff' Is Back, And It's Rearing Its Ugly Head Just... | Business Insider
- Diplomats: EU Governments Are Going After Russian... | Business Insider
- Larry Ellison — America's Highest Paid CEO — Just Got A Pay Cut | Business Insider
- Investors Are Descending Into The Five Circles Of Bond Hell (HYG, TLT, TBT, DIA, SPX, SPY... | Business Insider
- A Tanker Carrying Kurdish Crude Is Doing Donuts In The Gulf Of Mexico After A US Judge... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Twitter Users Are Asking The Company's CEO All Kinds Of Insane... | Business Insider