Strong Volume Gainers (XPH,FEIC,KORS,ACWX,NSM)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals (XPH) is currently trading at $58.51 on volume of 309870. Its 52 week range is between $43.32 and $61.06.
FEI Co (FEIC) is currently trading at $55.67 on volume of 2089500. Its 52 week range is between $26.61 and $55.85.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $49.33 on volume of 18506668. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
iShares MSCI ACWI ex US Index (ACWX) is currently trading at $38.42.on volume of 1119542. Its 52 week range is $33.23 and $41.73.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $27.67.on volume of 2670678. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $26.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Citi Admits The Truth: "If The Market Drops 10%, The Fed Will Most Likely Not Hike" | ZeroHedge
- America’s Ballooning Student Debt: Lessons Learned From Chile | Financial Sense
- No CNBC, It's Not Priced In | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Sees Fractional Decline in July | Financial Sense
- Jackson Hole Post-Mortem: "Door Still Fully Open To September Lift Off" | ZeroHedge
- China and Global Market Turbulence | Financial Sense
- Reflections on the Past Three Days and the Fed’s Policy Problem | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Awakenings' author, neurologist Oliver Sacks dies at... | Business Insider
- Bonjour, France! | Business Insider
- Rare photos of 19th-century blacks speak to modern... | Business Insider
- The oil crash has 'everyone on pins and needles' in Texas (USO, OIL... | Business Insider
- Tsipras asks Greeks for outright majority in September... | Business Insider
- The 'George Clooney Effect' explains why younger women often pair up... | Business Insider
- Miley Cyrus shakes in barely there silver straps at VMAs | Business Insider