Strong Volume Gainers (XPH,FEIC,KORS,ACWX,NSM)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals (XPH) is currently trading at $58.51 on volume of 309870. Its 52 week range is between $43.32 and $61.06.
FEI Co (FEIC) is currently trading at $55.67 on volume of 2089500. Its 52 week range is between $26.61 and $55.85.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $49.33 on volume of 18506668. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
iShares MSCI ACWI ex US Index (ACWX) is currently trading at $38.42.on volume of 1119542. Its 52 week range is $33.23 and $41.73.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $27.67.on volume of 2670678. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $26.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Are Central Banks Terrified of Debt Restructuring? | ZeroHedge
- Greece Slams EU Bailout-ers: "We Don't Want The $7 Billion, We Want To Rethink The Whole Program" | ZeroHedge
- How Ukraine Can Save China From Its Existential Threat (Spoiler Alert: Girls) | ZeroHedge
- Apple Boosts Earnings Picture Though Overall Trend Still Negative | Financial Sense
- 5 Things To Ponder: Ascending Contingencies | ZeroHedge
- As China's Offshore Yuan Crashes To A 2 Year Low, Beijing Warns Its Citizens: "Don't Buy Dollars" | ZeroHedge
- ECB Threatens Athens With Bank Funding Cutoff If No Deal In One Month: February 28 Is Now D-Day For Greece | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China bank says business 'normal' as chief... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Ferrari unveil car to power team back to F1 glory | Business Insider
- This video shows just how geeky Bill Gates still is | Business Insider
- It turns out that Ford's new pickup truck... | Business Insider
- Alibaba's Ma meets top China regulator after fakes row | Business Insider
- Pro-democracy protesters to return to Hong Kong streets | Business Insider