Strong Volume Gainers (XPH,FEIC,KORS,ACWX,NSM)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals (XPH) is currently trading at $58.51 on volume of 309870. Its 52 week range is between $43.32 and $61.06.
FEI Co (FEIC) is currently trading at $55.67 on volume of 2089500. Its 52 week range is between $26.61 and $55.85.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $49.33 on volume of 18506668. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
iShares MSCI ACWI ex US Index (ACWX) is currently trading at $38.42.on volume of 1119542. Its 52 week range is $33.23 and $41.73.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $27.67.on volume of 2670678. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $26.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- I’ve Seen the Future. I’ve Seen the Future | iBankCoin.com
- Young and Dumb Again | Financial Sense
- 2015 Is Shaping Up to Be a “Turkey” of a Year for the U.S. Economy and Stock Market | Financial Sense
- Sell, Sell, Sell... The Central Bank Madmen Are Raging | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Australia beat South Africa, win ODI series 4-1 | Business Insider
- FARC to free Colombian general, others next week:... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- What Are Traders Chatting About Right Now? Trading Volumes... (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Don't Say Warren Buffett and Robert Shiller Didn't Warn You | TheStreet.com
- This Is 'The Most Hated Man In The World' | Business Insider
- Here Are Some New Details On The Sequel To The Hottest Android Phone Of The Year | Business Insider