Strong Volume Gainers (XPH,FEIC,KORS,ACWX,NSM)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals (XPH) is currently trading at $58.51 on volume of 309870. Its 52 week range is between $43.32 and $61.06.
FEI Co (FEIC) is currently trading at $55.67 on volume of 2089500. Its 52 week range is between $26.61 and $55.85.
Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS) is currently trading at $49.33 on volume of 18506668. Its 52 week range is between $23.51 and $50.69.
iShares MSCI ACWI ex US Index (ACWX) is currently trading at $38.42.on volume of 1119542. Its 52 week range is $33.23 and $41.73.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc (NSM) is currently trading at $27.67.on volume of 2670678. Its 52 week range is between $13 and $26.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
- The Crocodile Jaws Spring Open Again, Preparing To Bite | ZeroHedge
- Stop Smokin The Import Crack… | ZeroHedge
- The Tragedy Of NATO: "Beware Foreign Entanglements" | ZeroHedge
- "We Are From The Government And We Are Here To Get Rid Of Ebola" | ZeroHedge
- Public Health Expert Explains How to Prevent a Panic About Ebola: Tell the Truth! | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Heavier to Start Week | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What Silicon Valley Looked Like In 1991 | Business Insider
- IBM's Ginni Rometty Just Confessed To A Huge Failure — And It Might Be The Best... | Business Insider
- Designer Oscar de la Renta dies at 82: US media | Business Insider
- Queen guitarist rocks out with Victorian 3D photos | Business Insider
- EU to scale up Ebola response | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek