Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Civil "Wrongs" | ZeroHedge
- Ferguson In Flames: The Morning After | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- Consumer Confidence Surprises to the Downside | Financial Sense
- Two FBI Agents Shot Near Ferguson Protests | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Close At Recordest Highs Ensuring 'Confident' Black Friday, Despite Macro Massacre | ZeroHedge
- When a Bubble Isn’t...? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Spending On Native Advertising Is Soaring As... | Business Insider
- How Dog Show Judges Choose The 'Best In Show' | Business Insider
- Manchester City on brink ahead of Bayern test | Business Insider
- The Accidental Tweet From Twitter's CFO Reveals The Company's Biggest Problem (... | Business Insider
- These Are The Deeply Weird Cars That Defined Soviet Russia | Business Insider
- Protesters Shut Down New York Bridges Over Ferguson... | Business Insider