Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sudden Bout Of Risk-Offness Sends European Shares Sharply Lower, US Futures Not Happy | ZeroHedge
- Second Spaceship Crash In One Week: Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo Suffers "In-Flight Anomaly" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Algos Please Ignore: Citi Slashes Previously Reported Net Income Due To "Legal Investigations" Over FX Rigging Probe | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 31 | ZeroHedge
- Gold Falls, Stocks Record Highs as Japan Goes ‘Weimar’, “Here Be Dragons” | ZeroHedge
- GDP Numbers Bear Out Fed Decision | Financial Sense
- As Eric Holder Supports "Wholesale Change" In Ferguson PD, This is What Is Happening In Philly | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Business Insider Is Hiring A Markets Contributors Editor | Business Insider
- Burkina opposition slams army 'coup' | Business Insider
- Only 7 Teams Still Have A Realistic Shot At Winning The Super Bowl | Business Insider
- Dow, S&P 500 soar to new records on Bank of Japan... | Business Insider
- You Won't Even Be Able To Handle How Intense This Mouse Is | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Why Christopher Nolan Has Refused To Watch 'Gravity' | Business Insider