Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How to Become a Superforecaster | Financial Sense
- US Paradrops 50 Tons Of Ammo To Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Bombs Second Yemeni Wedding In A Week - At Least 23 Dead | ZeroHedge
- Coming Soon To A Checkout Lane Near You: Stock Giftcards | ZeroHedge
- Fortress Liquidating Its Once Gargantuan Macro Hedge Fund After 17% Loss In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- The Dummy's Guide To The Syrian Conflict | ZeroHedge
- The Rise of the Sharing Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple just brought one of its biggest new features to the iMac (AAPL) | Business Insider
- It looks like Obama fell for 'the biggest myth out there' in Syria - CLONE | Business Insider
- Jimi Hendrix family suing Tucson shop owner for guitar | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Glencore puts Australian, Chile mines up for sale | Business Insider
- Ranch to let more film shoots despite 'Maze Runner... | Business Insider
- NYC mayor organizes presidential forum for Iowa in... | Business Insider