Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greenspan's "Irrational Exuberance" Warning In Context | ZeroHedge
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
- What Is the VIX Fear Index Telling Us Now? | Financial Sense
- Weekend Video Analysis 09/20/14 | iBankCoin.com
- Fear And Loathing In Scotland – Why The "NO"s Won & Lessons Learned From The Vote | ZeroHedge
- Scotland Says "No" - Pound Remains Vulnerable To Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Then And Now – Remembering William McChesney Martin, Jr. | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yemen deal signed after Shiite rebels seize govt, PM quits... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: FOMC... | StreetInsider.com
- 13 Things You Can Stop Wasting Money On | Business Insider
- The Bengals Ran A Classic Trick Play To Perfection For A Touchdown | Business Insider
- The Pirate Bay Arranges Its Servers In An Ingenious Way To Avoid The... | Business Insider
- How Dying Retailers Like Sears Are Trying to Stay Alive | TheStreet.com
- How Cnooc, PetroChina Investors Can Benefit From Disputed South China Sea | TheStreet.com