Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Asia Scholar Lays Out "Three Ways China And The US Could Go To War" | ZeroHedge
- US Equities Tumble After Greek Talks Cancelled | ZeroHedge
- Bonds - Managing Duration and Interest Rate Risk | Financial Sense
- China Sets Up Gold Investment Fund For Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- Robots on Verge of Replacing Human Anesthesiologists | Financial Sense
- Greece Postpones Meeting With Creditors, Denies ATM Tax | ZeroHedge
- Key Iraq War Architect: “Our Objective Should Be a New Sunni State Out of the Western Part Of Iraq, the Eastern Part of Syria” | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Prince slams waste of 'self-serving' FIFA leader | Business Insider
- Buzzfeed hires a dozen reporters in Silicon Valley, including... | Business Insider
- Ryanair is predicting an '... | Business Insider
- Charter buys US giant Time Warner Cable in $78.7... | Business Insider
- The 7 heavy-hitters defending the web from cyberattacks | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Some women would go to hell and back to pay $10,000 or more for a pocketbook | Business Insider