Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The EpiPen Scandal Is Worse Than You Think: What You’re Not Being Told | ZeroHedge
- "If This Does Not Disqualify Hillary For The Presidency, It's Hard To Know What Will" | ZeroHedge
- Is Google Censoring Search Results To Protect Hillary? | ZeroHedge
- Can Stocks Survive Without Stimulus? | Financial Sense
- Echo Boomers Will Fire Up Housing Market | Financial Sense
- The Schizophrenic Fed | Financial Sense
- Obama's Parting Gift: $20 Trillion In Public Debt And A Rising Budget Deficit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We visited the burger chain that's embroiled in a 'David and Goliath scenario' with... | Business Insider
- The strange history of the EpiPen, the device developed by the military that... | Business Insider
- 10 things emotionally intelligent people refuse to think | Business Insider
- Nobody knows if lab meat is safe | Business Insider
- THE DIGITAL REMITTANCE REPORT: The new platforms... | Business Insider
- Merkel: EU nations must not to refuse Muslim migrants | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek