Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Who's Who Of Awful Times To Invest | ZeroHedge
- I AM GOING TO DIAGNOSE YOU NOW | iBankCoin.com
- Market Wrap: Futures Decline; Treasurys Weak On Actavis Mega-Deal, Dollar At 12 Year High | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In February And YTD | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Futures Unchanged Despite Latest Chinese Rate Cut | ZeroHedge
- It’s Shocking Because It’s Normal | iBankCoin.com
- Stop Whining America! Economists "Show" You're The Happiest In 56 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Taylor Wimpey profits ROCKETED because there are not enough houses to go... | Business Insider
- This is the only thing kids care about in cars (GM) | Business Insider
- A ‘House of Cards’ actor lied to keep one of the biggest secrets of season 3 | Business Insider
- Nemtsov murder witness says blocked from leaving Moscow | Business Insider
- Here come Europe's PMIs... | Business Insider
- Car shows have pushed the 'Insane' button | Business Insider
- Think twice before you say that Earth has two moons | Business Insider