Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Drama, It’s Too Much to Bear | iBankCoin.com
- Europe Moves to Reduce Energy Dependency on Russia | Financial Sense
- Joel Kurtzman on Why America's Future Is Brighter Than You Think | Financial Sense
- As The SEC Finally Gets Involved In CYNK, One Short Has A Big Problem | ZeroHedge
- The Polar Vortex Is Back... In The Middle Of July | ZeroHedge
- Michael Bloomberg Calls Colorado A "Rural and Roadless" Backwater For Challenging His Gun Control Agenda | ZeroHedge
- Follow Last Week’s Narrative (For Now) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Is Pretty Popular After All (FB) | Business Insider
- LinkedIn Fights off a Monster: Friday's Chart of the Day | TheStreet.com
- STOCKS RISE: Here's What You Need To Know (GLUU, LO, WFC, DIA, SPY, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- A Third Of Advisors Want To Buy Another Practice In The Next Five Years | Business Insider
- It's Becoming Clear Just How Vast The Censorship Of Google Is Going To Be... | Business Insider
- This App Wants You To Forget Your Friends After You Make... | Business Insider