Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- DNC Asks Entire Staff For Resignation Letters | ZeroHedge
- And The Market Breaks... | ZeroHedge
- Here's The Story Behind Trump's Podesta-Russia Tweet | ZeroHedge
- An "Under The Radar" Trump Trade Unwind | ZeroHedge
- The Last Time Americans Felt This Good About Stocks, The Dot Com Bubble Burst 2 Months Later | ZeroHedge
- JPM: "Until Market Abandons Hope For A Tax Deal, There Will Be No Significant Weakness" | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn's Presentation How GM Can Unlock Between $13 And $38 Billion In Value | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists turned spinach leaves into beating human heart tissue | Business Insider
- Tech startup Yext prices its IPO at $8 to $10 a share | Business Insider
- Devastating photos show how much the Great Barrier Reef has changed over the last 20... | Business Insider
- These haunting photos reveal what happens when a golf course becomes... | Business Insider
- Iraqi forces launch renewed attacks on ISIS after reports of... | Business Insider
- China is calling on the US to honor climate commitments after Trump moved to roll back Obama-era... | Business Insider
- Giving people $1,000 in 'emergency cash' could prevent homelessness | Business Insider