Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Lackluster Start to the Year | Financial Sense
- Bitcoin Has Theory and History on Its Side | Financial Sense
- Meet The Mysterious Firm That Is About To Leave Blythe Masters Without A Job | ZeroHedge
- India Backs Russia's "Legitimate Interests" In Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Yen Carry Slides In Early Pre-Open Trading | ZeroHedge
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- Warning Shots Fired At OSCE Mission In Crimea; Russia Warns Of Treaty Force Majeure Over "Unfriendly NATO Threats" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How Tesla Is Doing in China | TheStreet.com
- First Comparison: BMW i3 vs. Chevrolet Volt | TheStreet.com
- Top... | StreetInsider.com
- Conservatives' Darling Just Told Them To Vote For Republicans They Don't Necessarily... | Business Insider
- Coolest 2014 Cars Under $25,000 | TheStreet.com
- A Chart You Should See: Fannie and Freddie | TheStreet.com
- GROVER NORQUIST: Here Are The Only 6 Republicans Who Can Win In 2016 | Business Insider