Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Real Story Behind The True Magnitude Of The New Home Sales Collapse | ZeroHedge
- The Deutsche Bank Settlement is Meaningless | ZeroHedge
- Italy's Bank Bailout Fund Already One Third Empty After First Bank Rescue | ZeroHedge
- It's The Debt Stupid: Scotiabank Warns "At Some Point 'The Future' Becomes 'Today'" | ZeroHedge
- All Depressions Are Not Created Equal | ZeroHedge
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
- China Takes Drastic Measures To Save The Regime | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- At least 10 dead in building collapse in Kenyan capital | Business Insider
- Delta is on a plane-shopping spree with 2 giant deals just this week | Business Insider
- How Amazon's Netflix competitor could be a success without making... | Business Insider
- Why Apple stumbled this week (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A PhD student figured out why you hate Nickelback so much | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today | Business Insider
- BuzzFeed's European general manager Kate Burns is out | Business Insider