Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Steve Keen: The Deliberate Blindness Of Our Central Planners | ZeroHedge
- Weather Constrained Retail: Focus on Outdoor Dining | Financial Sense
- WTI Tumbles To $47 Handle; Energy Stocks Don't Care At All | ZeroHedge
- "Hedge Fund Olympics" Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- What’s REALLY Going On In Yemen | ZeroHedge
- Dan Wantrobski on Why We're Not at a Market Top; Corrections Still Buying Opportunities | Financial Sense
- Ben Bernanke Pens First Blog Post, Defends Fed, Says He "Was Concerned About Seniors" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 21 things you didn't know your iPhone could do (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A gentleman only needs these 5 items to transition his wardrobe to spring | Business Insider
- Land your dream job with the Resumonk Resume Creator [89% off] | Business Insider
- Ten months ago, ex-Microsoft star Steven Sinofsky backed this startup — now... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- GoDaddy revs up tech sector with Wall Street offering | Business Insider
- Robin Williams heirs agree to negotiate over belongings | Business Insider