Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Superstar FX Trader Whiz-kid Nothing But A Superspending Ponzi Fraud | ZeroHedge
- In "Flash Boys," Michael Lewis Misses the Point -- Deliberately | ZeroHedge
- Algos Getting Concerned Low Volume Levitation May Not Work Today | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap April 24, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Is VIX (Even More) Broken? | ZeroHedge
- Positive Earnings Backdrop | Financial Sense
- The Middle Class In Canada Is Now Doing Better Than The Middle Class In America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tech CEO Who Allegedly Hit His Girlfriend 117 Times Avoids Jail And Plans A $100... | Business Insider
- Take A Look At Microsoft Co-Founder Paul Allen's Incredible... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Why People Are Obsessed With Teen YouTube Star Bethany Mota... | Business Insider
- Amazon Will Now Offer Old HBO Content For Prime Customers | Business Insider
- This Creepy Web App Shows You Just How Much Of Your... | Business Insider
- Shaq's LinkedIn Profile Is Perfect | Business Insider