Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "You Want To Own Gold" Marc Faber Warns "Brexit Is The Excuse For QE4" | ZeroHedge
- Shilling: World Facing High Probability of Panic Deflation | Financial Sense
- Brexit: What to Expect After the EU-UK Membership Vote | Financial Sense
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- The Italian Job: "How Did Things Go So Bad?" | ZeroHedge
- Bill Clinton Holds 'Private' Meeting With Loretta Lynch As FBI Probes Hillary | ZeroHedge
- What's The Car Preference Of Millennials? Bentley - Of Course | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REPORT: Trump now expects to announce his VP pick before convention | Business Insider
- Here's how Samantha Bee hired one of the most diverse writing... | Business Insider
- A French charity official was reportedly... | Business Insider
- Here's the letter that more than 100 Nobel Laureates signed about GMO foods | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' took a big step in reversing fan opinions of the... | Business Insider
- If you’re good with Excel, this is the coding language you should... | Business Insider
- The first iPhone came out 9 years ago and some people still haven't upgraded... | Business Insider