Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece Explained (In 2 Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators: Spring Rebound, Though Risks Remain | Financial Sense
- The Coming Era Of Pension Poverty | ZeroHedge
- Fed Whisperer Hilsenrath Hints: Despite Jobs Miss, Yellen Will Hike In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Early China Strength Fades Fast As Margin Debt Plunges Most In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: July 1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The secret strategy behind Burger King's black burgers in Japan | Business Insider
- Former Democratic Senator Jim Webb just announced his campaign for president | Business Insider
- People are freaked out because they keep finding 'help me... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Another study finds that soda is even worse for you than we thought | Business Insider
- An African python dies prematurely after eating a 30-pound porcupine, but that's not what... | Business Insider
- Stock futures are higher after the jobs report (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USO, WTI, OIL, VDE, GLD, TLT) | Business Insider