Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hedge Fund CIO Explains Why Most Missed The Oil Rally | ZeroHedge
- After Denying Bias, Facebook Changes Policies That Produce Anti-Conservative Bias | ZeroHedge
- Crude Spikes Above $49 After Biggest Inventory Draw Since 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- Buy Gold As “Extremely Low-Risk Asset” – Rogoff Advice To Creditor Nations | ZeroHedge
- Prescription Pain-Killers: "Far Riskier" Than Gun Ownership | ZeroHedge
- Guess What Occupation Is Most Frequently Cited In The Panama Papers? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The SEC is investigating Deutsche Bank over trades by a unit overseen by a hot-shot... | Business Insider
- This stylish SUV is Mercedes' new weapon against Audi and BMW | Business Insider
- Spanish journalist feared kidnapped by Colombian rebels | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Accuser says Bill Cosby attacked her as she lay on a sofa 'paralyzed... | Business Insider
- ISIS just delivered its 'weakest message' ever | Business Insider
- Draymond Green will not be suspended for kicking Steven Adams, but does receive a... | Business Insider