Strong Volume Gainers (IWV,IAT,INDY,PXH,PIO)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
iShares Russell 3000 Index (IWV) is currently trading at $84.95 on volume of 1919103. Its 52 week range is between $63.05 and $85.26.
iShares Dow Jones US Regional Banks (IAT) is currently trading at $25.45 on volume of 268189. Its 52 week range is between $16.95 and $25.59.
iShares S&P India Nifty 50 Index (INDY) is currently trading at $22.32 on volume of 242642. Its 52 week range is between $19.37 and $26.19.
PowerShares FTSE RAFI Emerging Markets (PXH) is currently trading at $21.27.on volume of 350144. Its 52 week range is $18.01 and $24.19.
PowerShares Global Water (PIO) is currently trading at $17.52 on volume of 338937. Its 52 week range is between $14.76 and $18.35.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China’s Stock Markets and Revisiting 2011 Predictions | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: August 4 | ZeroHedge
- The Population Bomb | ZeroHedge
- To Social Media's Horror - It 'Is' Different This Time | ZeroHedge
- Energy Sector Weighs on Market as Selloff Continues | Financial Sense
- Three Strikes Against the Canadian Dollar | Financial Sense
- IMF Reiterates Greece Disqualified for Bailout, Participation Depends on Debt Relief and Reforms | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greece's industry has been absolutely obliterated by the bank and bailout... | Business Insider
- This is one of the biggest ways college students are ripped off... | Business Insider
- Europe's industry was a little stronger than expected in July | Business Insider
- Here are the weird nicknames colleagues gave Tom Hayes,... | Business Insider
- Chinese stocks are still falling | Business Insider
- It's surprisingly easy to share your $99 Amazon Prime membership with someone else | Business Insider
- MH370 investigators to meet in France ahead of wing... | Business Insider