Strong Volume Gainers (JAZZ,IRIS,BIOF,REGI,KTOS)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals PLC (JAZZ) is currently trading at $54.82 on volume of 3435171. Its 52 week range is between $34.02 and $54.5.
IRIS International Inc (IRIS) is currently trading at $19.48 on volume of 4111020. Its 52 week range is between $7.95 and $13.92.
Biofuel Energy Corp (BIOF) is currently trading at $10.35 on volume of 1794956. Its 52 week range is between $0.25 and $24.8.
Renewable Energy Group Inc (REGI) is currently trading at $7.98.on volume of 1354950. Its 52 week range is $4.62 and $10.65.
Kratos Defense and Security Solutions Inc (KTOS) is currently trading at $5.76.on volume of 2072407. Its 52 week range is between $4.61 and $8.88.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Last of the 2008 Doomsday Scenarios Is Fading Away | Financial Sense
- Portugal Banks Warn European Leaders: "You Can't Keep Playing With Fire" | ZeroHedge
- Trade Policy and Economic Decline | Financial Sense
- Goldman "Proves" That "Good News Is Good For Equities, And Bad News Is Good For Equities" | ZeroHedge
- Class of 2013: The Most Indebted Ever | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Decouple From “Risk-On” Indicators | Financial Sense
- What Did Obama Know About The IRS (And When)? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- White House Adviser Tells Fox News Host Chris Wallace His... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- ARIANNA HUFFINGTON: Graduates Need To Redefine The Meaning Of Success | Business Insider
- Buying Tumblr, Mayer Promises 'Not To... | Business Insider
- How Hedge Funds Are Invested In This Market In One Big Chart | Business Insider
- The Story Of A Boy Whose Tempter Tantrum Led To A Venture-Backed Food Startup | Business Insider
- Tumblr Founder On Yahoo Deal: 'F**k Yeah' | Business Insider