Strong Volume Gainers (CRDN,EBSB,TRIB,FONR,VSR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Ceradyne Inc (CRDN) is currently trading at $34.92 on volume of 11662406. Its 52 week range is between $19.45 and $36.61.
Meridian Interstate Bancorp Inc (EBSB) is currently trading at $16.75 on volume of 587629. Its 52 week range is between $10.76 and $17.35.
Trinity Biotech PLC (TRIB) is currently trading at $13.47 on volume of 579852. Its 52 week range is between $8.39 and $12.86.
Fonar Corp (FONR) is currently trading at $5.48.on volume of 1675644. Its 52 week range is $1.361 and $6.80.
Versar Inc (VSR) is currently trading at $3.78 on volume of 380542. Its 52 week range is between $2.14 and $3.64.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- R.I.P. QE | Financial Sense
- Treasury Curve Flattens Despite Yesterday's Record-Setting Steepener Trade | ZeroHedge
- Headwinds for the U.S. and U.K. Economies | Financial Sense
- Going Higher | iBankCoin.com
- The Ultimate Carry Trade: U.S. Banks Buying Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Making Some Adjustments to Long Term Portfolio | iBankCoin.com
- Oil Breaks Below $80 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 106 Smartest Liberal Arts Colleges In America | Business Insider
- Here's How To (Legally) Download Taylor Swift's... | Business Insider
- Fed's Bond Buying Ends, but Rates Could Stay Low for Years | TheStreet.com
- An African Restaurant In Minnesota Has Been Forced To Change Its Menu Over Ebola... | Business Insider
- Apple Thinks Releasing Cheap Products Is A 'Mistake' (APPL) | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Oil Services Stocks Are Now Too Cheap to Ignore as Crude Oil Prices Slide | TheStreet.com