Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Artist's Impression Of A Greek ATM | ZeroHedge
- What Choice Do We Have? | ZeroHedge
- Old Economic Thinking Is The Problem, BIS Warns | ZeroHedge
- The Troika Turns Europe Into A Warzone | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
- The Superpower Conundrum - The Rise and Fall of Just About Everything | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Full Normalization Will Crush The Casino | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Egypt's Sisi rallies troops in Sinai after IS attacks | Business Insider
- 21 Things 'Back To The Future 2' Got Wrong About 2015 | Business Insider
- Mourners hold minute's silence at Tunisia beach... | Business Insider
- Britain's government is planning to raid wealthy people's pension pots | Business Insider
- Japan joins US-Australia war games amid China tensions | Business Insider
- Here's some incredible pro-independence propaganda from... | Business Insider
- Longtime champ dethroned at NY hot dog eating contest | Business Insider