Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What The Sudden Spike In The TED-Spread Really Means | ZeroHedge
- "Too Simple" Energy-Economy Models Give Misleading Answers | ZeroHedge
- "Hope" Fades As Consumer Confidence Ignores Stock Market Exuberance | ZeroHedge
- "Real, Imminent Threat" That Next World War Will Be Initiated By First Strike EMP Weapon | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
- Is Kyle Bass Finally Getting His Revenge? | Financial Sense
- Manic Day Leaves S&P, Bonds, Gold, Crude, Dollar Unchanged | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- STOCKS CLOSE MIXED AFTER THE FED HOLDS: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- A seemingly benign part of the NFL's statement on Peyton Manning looks... | Business Insider
- Before the DNC hack, Russian internet trolls were being hired to pose as pro-... | Business Insider
- Here's the difference between ice cream, gelato, soft serve, frozen custard, sherbet,... | Business Insider
- Recruiters reveal the common reasons why people... | Business Insider
- Ex-NSA EMPLOYEE: It's 'essentially impossible' to draw a straight line from... | Business Insider
- Sanders delegates occupy media tents at Democratic National Convention | Business Insider