Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- They Better Pray There Is No Short Squeeze... | ZeroHedge
- IRS' Lois Lerner Re-Subpoenaed After Accidentally Waiving Her Right To Plead The Fifth | ZeroHedge
- And The Most Beloved Stock By Hedge Funds Is... | ZeroHedge
- Global Risk Appetite At 2006 Levels - Nears 'Euphoria' | ZeroHedge
- And The New US Debt Ceiling Is... | ZeroHedge
- Long-Term Breakout | Financial Sense
- Breakout in Bond Yields Foreshadows Possible Economic Acceleration | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Terrible Blown Calls That Prove MLB Is In The Middle Of An Umpiring Crisis | Business Insider
- UK Reports Dismal Retail Sales | Business Insider
- How Your Boss Can Help You Save for Retirement | TheStreet.com
- Twitter Just Added An Extra Layer Of Security To Prevent Your Account From Being... | Business Insider
- The Market Sell-Off Is Getting Ugly — Dow Off 115 | Business Insider
- Most Americans Think The Middle Class Is The New Face Of Poverty | Business Insider
- Here's The First Terrible Sign For Anthony Weiner's Mayoral Candidacy | Business Insider