Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don Coxe on Brewing US Pension Crisis, Stimulus vs. Rising Rates | Financial Sense
- Trump To Sign "Energy Independence" Order Killing Obama's Climate Change Initiatives | ZeroHedge
- Forget ObamaCare, RyanCare, and any Future ReformCare—the Healthcare System Is Completely Broken | Financial Sense
- Bank of America: "Our Clients Bought The Dip" | ZeroHedge
- Investors Dump Euro Bonds, Shift Into US | Financial Sense
- Google’s DeepMind Wants to Enter the Grid | Financial Sense
- You Know It's A Global Debt Bubble When... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE SMARTWATCH REPORT: Forecasts, adoption trends,... | Business Insider
- The largest dinosaur footprint ever found has been discovered in '... | Business Insider
- France's far right candidate Le Pen says she... | Business Insider
- HSBC shares trial results on new app | Business Insider
- Robert Kraft says Tom Brady told him he is 'willing' to play... | Business Insider
- This object has been sprayed with the world's blackest material —... | Business Insider
- Here are 48 hedge fund terms every investor should know | Business Insider