Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stunning Scenes From California's Central Valley Drought | ZeroHedge
- "We Have Everything Under Control" | ZeroHedge
- End of U.S. Dollar Hegemony - Not | Financial Sense
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself” | Altucher Confidential
- My Research is Complete | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap October 16, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- How Far Will the Stock Market Rebound Go? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Peyton Manning breaks NFL touchdown passes record | Business Insider
- Runners wear masks as smog hits Beijing marathon | Business Insider
- Brainstorm CEO Offers Investors a Frank Outlook for ALS Therapy | TheStreet.com
- Peyton Manning Is A Freak And Is Doing Things Never Seen Before At His Age | Business Insider
- The Nikkei Is Booming Again After Last Week's Brutal Sell-Off | Business Insider
- Rodgers backs Sterling to answer critics | Business Insider
- UH-OH: The New Barron's Cover Looks Bullish | Business Insider