Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trade Ideas For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- Mixed on Durables and Jobless Claims | Financial Sense
- Is the Stock Market Top In? | ZeroHedge
- ISM Biggest Miss Since January: Orders Tumble, Employment Slides, Backlogs Contract, Construction Spending Negative | ZeroHedge
- Germany Throws Up Over Draghi Plan To Buy Greek Junk | ZeroHedge
- Why Europe's Doomsayers Are Right, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- STTG Version 2.0 is Here with New $9.99 Unlimited Plan | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- When The Dallas Ebola Patient First Went To The Hospital, He Was Sent... | Business Insider
- The Next Version Of Windows Will Be Windows 10 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Crisis-hit France eyes gradual deficit reduction | Business Insider
- 8 Signs You Need To Ask IT For A New Computer | Business Insider
- Dear Marissa Mayer: Here's What You Can Do To Save Your... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The Bidding For The 2022 Olympics Is A Disaster Because Everyone Figured Out That Hosting Is... | Business Insider