Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Implications of the Secular Stagnation Debate | Financial Sense
- Why Am I Still In the Stock Market? | Financial Sense
- Gold: Year 2007 Again | Financial Sense
- Second Quarter Outlook | Financial Sense
- Who Is Really Choosing America's Next President? | ZeroHedge
- Levered Funds Are The Most-Short Bonds Ever, Russell Shorts Lowest In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Apologies To A Grandson: "It's Not The Country I Imagined For You" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 amazing facts about Apple | Business Insider
- Nepal earthquake: Live Report | Business Insider
- This Wall Street legend controls more than $50 billion. Insiders worry he's trying to do too many things | Business Insider
- French artist whitewashes Los Angeles motel, palms and all... | Business Insider
- Badminton star Lee gets backdated doping ban, can... | Business Insider
- The ultimate underwater selfie must include a shark | Business Insider
- Why this Google exec would always keeps 200 random resumes lying around his office (GOOG) | Business Insider