Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The One Topic No One Is Discussing | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 12 | ZeroHedge
- Will the Shale Gas Revolution Make North America’s LNG Ambitions Obsolete? | Financial Sense
- Trade of the Century | ZeroHedge
- Tuesday (Un)Humor: Selfies At A Funeral | ZeroHedge
- 10yr Auction Post Mortem + 30yr Auction Thoughts | ZeroHedge
- Santelli & Stockman Blast "Festering Fiscal" Budget Deal "Betrayal" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HARRY DENT: America Is Headed Off The 'Demographic Cliff' And Another Crisis Is... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 2 Theories About Why Snapchat's Valuation Is $2 Billion Less Than Everyone... | Business Insider
- Opko Health (OPK) Marked as a Dead Cat Bounce Stock 12153184 | TheStreet.com
- Boehner Unloads At Conservative Groups That Oppose The... | Business Insider
- Investors Should Take Two Key Steps When Building A Diversified Portfolio | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com