Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Real Threat... Violence From The Left | ZeroHedge
- "The Great Unraveling" - Hilsenrath Slams The Fed: "Years Of Fed Missteps" Foster US Populism, Disillusion | ZeroHedge
- Vice Chairman Of South Korea Conglomerate Lotte Hangs Himself Hours Before Criminal Probe | ZeroHedge
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
- Another Warning Sign | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Revised Lower To 1.1%, As Expected, Even As Personal Consumption Rises | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank CEO Warns Of "Fatal Consequences" For Savers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This fire alarm can also detect gunshots, and it's already being installed on... | Business Insider
- How to eat dim sum like a pro | Business Insider
- Pentagon: If North... | Business Insider
- The oil rig count did not rise for the first time in 9 weeks (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE, BHI... | Business Insider
- Robo advisor Betterment partners with Uber | Business Insider
- This is why you should (or shouldn't) buy an Xbox now instead of waiting... | Business Insider
- You need to update your iPhone now to avoid a major security flaw that... | Business Insider