Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Hunt For a Big Winner | iBankCoin.com
- Citadel Barred From Trading In China After Regulator Accuses "Automated Trading" Unit Of Manipulation | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Crashes To $45 Handle - Lowest Since March | ZeroHedge
- Obama Authorizes "Defensive" Airstrikes Against Assad Regime In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Another One Bites The Coal Dust - Alpha Natural Files For Bankruptcy | ZeroHedge
- US Economy Sees Substantial Increase After Weak QI, Though Still Below Average | Financial Sense
- From the Mailbag: On Japan and the Yen | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The GOP civil war has quietly exploded back into the open — and it could get... | Business Insider
- Broad eager to lead England attack in Anderson's... | Business Insider
- Magic Leap, the Google-backed 'cinematic reality' company, has one major downside... | Business Insider
- 8 science-backed mind tricks to beat procrastination and do that thing you've... | Business Insider
- Thousands of people on Facebook are helping a woman solve the mystery... | Business Insider
- S&P just cut its outlook for the European Union (EUR, USDEUR, EURUSD, USD) | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek