Strong Volume Gainers (EBND,QAI,DBV,DSLV,AEGR)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading. Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
SPDR Barclays Capital EM Local Bond ETF (EBND) is currently trading at $32.54 on volume of 422,860. Its 52 week range is between $28.32 and $32.70. The EBND is made up of some high quality names and with momentum pushing higher -- its time for a gander.
IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is currently trading at $28.24 on volume of 276,525. Its 52 week range is between $26.78 and $28.83.
PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest (DBV) is currently trading at $25.15 on volume of 496,488. Its 52 week range is between $22.9 and $25.68.
VelocityShares 3x Inverse Silver ETN (DSLV) is currently trading at $23.33.on volume of 1,399,942. Its 52 week range is $18.99 and $70.10.
Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc (AEGR) is currently trading at $17.80 on volume of 1,242,504. Its 52 week range is between $11.75 and $17.72.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- With All Major Markets Closed For Holiday, Here Are The Major News | ZeroHedge
- The "New Era" Is An Old Story | ZeroHedge
- GDP Seasonal Adjustment: There’s No Smoking Gun | Financial Sense
- Obama "Remembers" Ramadi | ZeroHedge
- China Stocks Surge, Europe/US Purge, & Portuguese Bonds Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- The Happiness Industry: How Government And Big Business Manipulate Your Moods For Profit | ZeroHedge
- From the Very Creation of the Internet, U.S. Spy Agencies Fought to Block Encryption | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Charter Communications is near an agreement to buy Time Warner Cable for $... | Business Insider
- 33 travel tips that will make your life infinitely easier | Business Insider
- IS seizes Iraqi side of key Syria border crossing | Business Insider
- Remarkable before-and-after photos make it undeniably clear we're... | Business Insider
- Cook relaxed over England cricket coach 'limbo' | Business Insider
- There is a crazy theory going around Prague that says Google will acquire Twitter (TWTR,... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek