Strong Volume Gainers (JEF,TIE,CXS,GILT,STV)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Jefferies Group Inc (JEF) is currently trading at $16.07 on volume of 14979201. Its 52 week range is between $9.5 and $19.82.
Titanium Metals Corp (TIE) is currently trading at $16.49 on volume of 28629360. Its 52 week range is between $10.42 and $16.53.
Crexus Investment Corp (CXS) is currently trading at $12.4 on volume of 10218664. Its 52 week range is between $9.06 and $11.5.
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd (GILT) is currently trading at $4.94.on volume of 1616024. Its 52 week range is $2.31 and $4.87.
China Digital TV Holding Co Ltd (STV) is currently trading at $3.93.on volume of 1858858. Its 52 week range is between $2.51 and $4.25.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Something’s got to give in the oil market | ZeroHedge
- Either Reverse All The Perverse Incentives Or The System Will Implode | ZeroHedge
- "Sell In May" ... And June | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- Home Prices Rose 5.3% Year-Over-Year in February | Financial Sense
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In April | ZeroHedge
- Sell in May and Buy Back Higher in November | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Netflix says you respond better to villains than heroes (NFLX... | Business Insider
- You can save big on a bunch of Amazon gadgets today | Business Insider
- Bill Ackman, Atlantic City and Goldman Sachs | Business Insider
- The M2 is the finest BMW on earth | Business Insider
- The worst retail Photoshop disasters of all time | Business Insider
- Pablo Sandoval, the Red Sox' $17 million backup, is now out... | Business Insider
- Michael Dell just took a veiled shot at Meg Whitman (HPE) | Business Insider