Strong Volume Gainers (JEF,TIE,CXS,GILT,STV)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Jefferies Group Inc (JEF) is currently trading at $16.07 on volume of 14979201. Its 52 week range is between $9.5 and $19.82.
Titanium Metals Corp (TIE) is currently trading at $16.49 on volume of 28629360. Its 52 week range is between $10.42 and $16.53.
Crexus Investment Corp (CXS) is currently trading at $12.4 on volume of 10218664. Its 52 week range is between $9.06 and $11.5.
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd (GILT) is currently trading at $4.94.on volume of 1616024. Its 52 week range is $2.31 and $4.87.
China Digital TV Holding Co Ltd (STV) is currently trading at $3.93.on volume of 1858858. Its 52 week range is between $2.51 and $4.25.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Russia, Mexico & OPEC Failed Agreement on Production Cuts was Short Sighted | ZeroHedge
- Greece’s Snap Elections Increase Uncertainty About EU Future | Financial Sense
- 5 SCaRY WoRST CaSe SCeNaRioS... | ZeroHedge
- Red Flags in Russia | Financial Sense
- Fed Confusion Sparks Crude Chaos; Stocks, Bonds, Bullion Whiplash | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of "Red Monday" | ZeroHedge
- White House Confirms Sony Hack Is "National Security" Matter, Merits "Approporiate Response" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- UPDATE:... | StreetInsider.com
- Warming leads to more run-ins with polar bears | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Barbara Corcoran: Here's The One 'Shark Tank' Investment That Got... | Business Insider
- Deere & Co. (DE) to Sell Crop Insurance Unit | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Why Messaging Apps Are Such A Big Deal | Business Insider
- Google Is Making Plans To Put The Next... | Business Insider