Strong Volume Gainers (JEF,TIE,CXS,GILT,STV)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Jefferies Group Inc (JEF) is currently trading at $16.07 on volume of 14979201. Its 52 week range is between $9.5 and $19.82.
Titanium Metals Corp (TIE) is currently trading at $16.49 on volume of 28629360. Its 52 week range is between $10.42 and $16.53.
Crexus Investment Corp (CXS) is currently trading at $12.4 on volume of 10218664. Its 52 week range is between $9.06 and $11.5.
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd (GILT) is currently trading at $4.94.on volume of 1616024. Its 52 week range is $2.31 and $4.87.
China Digital TV Holding Co Ltd (STV) is currently trading at $3.93.on volume of 1858858. Its 52 week range is between $2.51 and $4.25.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don Coxe: Bull Market in Bonds Now Ending - Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in April | Financial Sense
- Time to Sell Junk Bonds? Maybe Not | Financial Sense
- Greece's Problem | ZeroHedge
- The Single Largest Misallocation of Capital in History | ZeroHedge
- Israel Refuses To Pay Old Oil Debt To Iran | ZeroHedge
- China Sets Up Gold Investment Fund For Central Banks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Here come durable goods orders... | Business Insider
- The 25 highest-paid players in Major League Baseball | Business Insider
- Berdych shows no mercy to teenager Nishioka | Business Insider
- Eccentric financial manager Bill Gross reveals why he wears his tie... | Business Insider