Strong Volume Gainers (DON,ALEX,TRGP,ZUMZ,EDMC)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
WisdomTree MidCap Dividend (DON) is currently trading at $51.09 on volume of 186,334. Its 52 week range is between $43.22 and $56.44.
Alexander And Baldwin Inc (ALEX) is currently trading at $44.17 on volume of 1,573,021. Its 52 week range is between $33.09 and $55.5.
Targa Resources Corp (TRGP) is currently trading at $37.24 on volume of 1,142,864. Its 52 week range is between $23.5 and $36.77.
Zumiez Inc (ZUMZ) is currently trading at $28.9.on volume of 2,822,023. Its 52 week range is $15.85 and $32.87.
Education Management Corp (EDMC) is currently trading at $23.27.on volume of 585,803. Its 52 week range is between $13.45 and $28.61.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Zulauf and Chandler on Currency Wars, Banking Crises, and Stock Market | Financial Sense
- Is This The Most Important Chart In Global Finance? | ZeroHedge
- China Gets Creative, Turns To Swaps To Manage Yuan | ZeroHedge
- Former Greek FinMin Varoufakis Launches Pan-European Anti-Austerity Political Party | ZeroHedge
- Why The Recurring Economic Crises? | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Spikes, Risk Slides After Fed's Fischer Seen As "Not Dovish Enough" | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: China Confirms It Has Begun Liquidating Treasuries, Warns Washington | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 19 of Apple's most playful event invitations over the years | Business Insider
- The Latest: 50K walk gets under way without Yargunkin | Business Insider
- Student shot dead at US university | Business Insider
- Here's how Windows 10 sales compare to Windows 7 and 8 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- $24 billion Airbnb just hired Bill Clinton's former adviser... | Business Insider
- Smith sharp as Chiefs rout Titans 34-10 in preseason game... | Business Insider
- BANK OF AMERICA: US interest rate jump in September is... | Business Insider