Strong Volume Gainers (DON,ALEX,TRGP,ZUMZ,EDMC)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
WisdomTree MidCap Dividend (DON) is currently trading at $51.09 on volume of 186,334. Its 52 week range is between $43.22 and $56.44.
Alexander And Baldwin Inc (ALEX) is currently trading at $44.17 on volume of 1,573,021. Its 52 week range is between $33.09 and $55.5.
Targa Resources Corp (TRGP) is currently trading at $37.24 on volume of 1,142,864. Its 52 week range is between $23.5 and $36.77.
Zumiez Inc (ZUMZ) is currently trading at $28.9.on volume of 2,822,023. Its 52 week range is $15.85 and $32.87.
Education Management Corp (EDMC) is currently trading at $23.27.on volume of 585,803. Its 52 week range is between $13.45 and $28.61.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Citi Has One Unpleasant Chart For Anyone Thinking Of Buying Twitter | ZeroHedge
- "There's A Real Problem Here" - Did Fed's Plosser Just Admit Trump Is Right About Yellen? | ZeroHedge
- Crude Declines As OPEC Deal Doubts Emerge; Futures Roll Over | ZeroHedge
- You Want to Fix the Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | Financial Sense
- You Want To Fix The Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | ZeroHedge
- Stanley Fischer's Novel Idea: "We'd Be Better Off With A Price For Using Money" | ZeroHedge
- End Of An Era: BlackBerry To Stop Making Smartphones | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stephen Colbert points out the hypocrisy of 'technically... | Business Insider
- This 'Batman v Superman’ Easter egg shows off Batman’s insane battle prep... | Business Insider
- How gold helped South Korea repay its debt | Business Insider
- In unprecedented move, USA Today says don't vote for Trump — but it doesn't endorse... | Business Insider
- A real-estate expert who sold an $11 million home in 10 hours explains how to make... | Business Insider
- Blackberry is going to outsource the production of its signature smartphone (... | Business Insider
- 16 things successful 20-somethings do in their spare time | Business Insider