Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Termites Beneath USD Foundation Masked by Strength Against Euro/Yen | Financial Sense
- ISM Manufacturing Index: Slowest Growth in Thirteen Months | Financial Sense
- The Reason Why Everyone Who Bought BABA Stock And Held, Is Now Losing Money | ZeroHedge
- Is the Media Trying to "Disappear" Rand Paul (Just Like His Father)? | ZeroHedge
- The Next Empire | ZeroHedge
- Hryvnia Rallies To 1-Month Highs After Ukraine Raises Benchmark Rate To 30% | ZeroHedge
- Financial Collapse Leads To War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Areva nuclear group announces 4.8 bn euro loss | Business Insider
- Kerry begins new nuclear talks with Iran FM | Business Insider
- Secretary of State Clinton didn't... | Business Insider
- Pebble made an exact replica of the gold Apple Watch | Business Insider
- Geico created a clever ad that rewards you in the best way possible when you... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Xiaomi's Hugo Barra: 'We don't spend pretty much any... | Business Insider