Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- MAY YOU BURN IN THE FIRES OF 1,000 SUNS | iBankCoin.com
- Hoist The King’s Flag | iBankCoin.com
- When Is A White House Transcript Not A Transcript? | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Slides Below $81 | ZeroHedge
- Central Banker Admits Central Bank Policy Leads To Wealth Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Despite WHO's Confidence, Mali Becomes 6th West African Nation With Ebola | ZeroHedge
- Why Amazon Is Crashing: Jeff Bezos' Nightmare Quarters In Charts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- #GrammarGate Is A Hilarious Take On The Latest Twitter Controversy | Business Insider
- Brooklyn Bowling Alley Shuts Down Because Ebola... | Business Insider
- Microsoft Surface More Than Doubled In Revenue To $908 Million, And It's Sorta... | Business Insider
- Google Has A New App To Reinvent Email (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Russia takes bite out of McDonald's with US... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Ebola death toll rises to almost 4,900 | Business Insider