Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I’m Gonna Blow Your Mind With This Post | iBankCoin.com
- Be Careful For What You Ask For | iBankCoin.com
- Despite Weak Economic Data Overnight, Futures Slide On Rate Hike Concerns | ZeroHedge
- Thousands Gather At McDonald's Headquarters Demanding Higher Wages | ZeroHedge
- Top 10 Banks To Sell Your Soul | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street R.I.P. - The Bubble Is Dying At The Zero Bound | ZeroHedge
- 40% Of Existing Home Sales At Or Above Asking Price, Highest On NAR Record | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- LUMBER LIQUIDATORS CEO 'UNEXPECTEDLY' QUITS, STOCK CRASHING (LL) | Business Insider
- Hamilton on top after opening practice in Monaco | Business Insider
- Business Insider is hiring a senior research analyst in New... | Business Insider
- Sold! to the man with $12,400: a pair of Japanese melons | Business Insider
- Massive national rail strike planned over bank... | Business Insider
- There was a big spike in banks repossessing foreclosed homes in April | Business Insider