Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Judge Dismisses Jill Stein's "Speculative Claims", Orders End To Michigan Recount | ZeroHedge
- David Rosenberg Throws Up On The "Trump Rally" - Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate "Fake News" List | ZeroHedge
- Doom & Gloom? Perhaps Not | Financial Sense
- UN Agrees To Stop Reporting Iraqi Casualties After Military Complains | ZeroHedge
- Just How Overvalued Is The Market? Here Are 20 Metrics To Help You Decide | ZeroHedge
- "Panicked" Citi Trader "Who Fired Off Repeated Sell Orders" Behind Pound Flash Crash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- European police to 'look again' at worst migrant... | Business Insider
- KASICH: 'Well-meaning' anti-Trump electors should 'not vote... | Business Insider
- Germany's twisty new nuclear fusion machine just passed a critical test | Business Insider
- Greece still isn't getting the help it needs most | Business Insider
- The sex change capital is in one of the most homophobic... | Business Insider
- Why physicists are fascinated by Vincent van Gogh's episodes of '... | Business Insider
- If this keeps up, Trump won't have to do anything to punish China... | Business Insider