Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Take the Money and Run: China’s Ill-Gotten Wealth Flees Overseas | Financial Sense
- Brazil: Is This Emerging Market Now a Buying Opportunity? | Financial Sense
- This Trojan is Going Out to Battle with His Helmut On | iBankCoin.com
- JPM Comes Out Against Bernanke's Helicopter: "Raising Inflation Expectations Is A Bad Idea" | ZeroHedge
- Pay Attention to This | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Reveals "Top Trade" Reco #6 For 2014: Buy US, Japanese And European Banks | ZeroHedge
- As Long As The Market Keeps Rising "This" Doesn't Matter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple, China Mobile: It's Here (Update 1) | TheStreet.com
- How To Drink Scotch Like A Scotsman | Business Insider
- 9 Tech Trends That Will Make Someone Billions Of Dollars Next Year | Business Insider
- BRIAN BELSKI: 'We Enter 2014 Less Optimistic Than We Have In The Past Few Years... | Business Insider
- An Absolutely Terrifying Chart For Microsoft (MSFT) | Business Insider
- The 12 Meanest Things Nassim Taleb Has Said About Economists | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com