Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Spikes To Highest In Over A Month, As Syria Proxy War Jitters Escalate | ZeroHedge
- IMF Cuts Global Growth For The Fourth Time In 12 Months... But That's Not The Biggest Problem | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Close US And Russian Jets Are To A Dog Fight Above Syria | ZeroHedge
- President Hillary Clinton Will Oppose Crude Oil Exports | Financial Sense
- Worth Wray on China's Failed Plan to Blow Stock Market Bubble and Attract Global Investors | Financial Sense
- Central Banks Now In "Dangerous Situation": "You've Thrown The Kitchen Sink At It, What's Next?" | ZeroHedge
- Canada and the Oil Price Shock | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boston-bound airline pilot dies; co-pilot lands safely | Business Insider
- Lots of people are saying this fantasy football scandal was inevitable | Business Insider
- This obscure organic burger chain should make Shake Shack, Five Guys, and... | Business Insider
- SABMiller shares are diving on fears its $250... | Business Insider
- MORGAN STANLEY: A major revenue driver for banks is on life support | Business Insider
- Protesting workers force Air France managers to flee | Business Insider
- Montreal eager to get back to playoffs for deeper run | Business Insider