Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Does Russia Need To Sell Gas More Than The EU Needs To Buy It? | ZeroHedge
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
- An End To Austerity? | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap March 10, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Wide Spreads to Keep in Mind | iBankCoin.com
- Libya Impounds North Korea Oil Tanker From Rebel-Held Port | ZeroHedge
- A Lackluster Start to the Year | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Biggest Changes That Just Came To Your iPhone | Business Insider
- You No Longer Have To Be A Millionaire To Flip Houses In San Francisco | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- CHART: 3 MLB Teams Have Spent More Than $1 Billion On Players Since Last Making The Playoffs | Business Insider
- Charts Like This Bring Back Bad Memories For Me | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- How The 1% Travel To SXSW | Business Insider