Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chicago PMI Collapses To 13-Month Lows, Biggest Miss On Record | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- A Rally is Coming | iBankCoin.com
- The Trillion Dollar Question: What Happens When Quantitative Easing Ends? | Financial Sense
- Your 30-Second Payrolls Preview | ZeroHedge
- Suddenly, Wall Street Is Bailing On Housing | ZeroHedge
- Employment Costs Surge Most In 6 Years As Initial Claims Miss | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 Troubling Signs That Michael Kors Is Past Its Prime | Business Insider
- Apple's Next Big Product May Only Be Available In Limited Quantities When It Launches (... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Market Wrap... | StreetInsider.com
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Technologies To Make You 'Superhuman' Are No Longer Science Fiction | Business Insider