Strong Volume Gainers (GIII,DMAN,AFFY,ORCH,PSUN)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
G-III Apparel Group Ltd (GIII) is currently trading at $24.53 on volume of 1,595,360. Its 52 week range is between $17.31 and $45.38.
DemandTec Inc (DMAN) is currently trading at $13.15 on volume of 33,630,280. Its 52 week range is between $5.41 and $14.08.
Affymax Inc (AFFY) is currently trading at $8.08 on volume of 17,655,668. Its 52 week range is between $3.93 and $8.5.
Orchid Cellmark Inc (ORCH) is currently trading at $2.79.on volume of 224,356. Its 52 week range is $1.58 and $2.81.
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (PSUN) is currently trading at $1.64.on volume of 5,064,209. Its 52 week range is between $1.11 and $6.2.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Economic Cycles: Is the Expansion Over? | Financial Sense
- Axel Merk: Why Asset Prices Must Return To Lower Levels | ZeroHedge
- Ekloges 2015: Greece Votes In Historic For Europe Election | ZeroHedge
- With Syriza Leading By 7 Points, Greek Incumbents Fear-Monger Looming "Toilet-Paper-Run" | ZeroHedge
- What Crispin Odey, And His $12.4 Billion In AUM, Thinks Are The 6 Risks Underpriced By The Market | ZeroHedge
- Shocking Images Of China's Dire Pollution Problem | ZeroHedge
- Greece's New FinMin Warns "We Are Going To Destroy The Greek Oligarchy System" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Plunging prices threaten UK's 'cash cow' oil... | Business Insider
- Here Is Absolutely Everything We Know About The 2015 Super Bowl Ads So Far | Business Insider
- Eyeing elections as growth resumes, Spain PM... | Business Insider
- eBay Employee Admits He Helped Build The Silk Road | Business Insider
- China And Pakistan Are Much Closer Than People Think | Business Insider
- IS confirms execution of Japanese hostage Haruna Yukawa | Business Insider
- Greece votes in make-or-break election | Business Insider