Strong Volume Gainers (TSCO,WLK,NXTM,DDR,TSL)
What's a Strong Volume Gainer?
A strong volume gainer is when volume is four times greater than the 20-day SMA and is above yesterday's close.
Higher volume many times offers profits from mathematical correlation speculating, arbitraging takeover attempts or mean reversion trading.Looking to trade strong volume gainers? Look no further, the Masters have you covered. Out of a multitude of stocks, here are our top 5 picks.
Tractor Supply Co (TSCO) is currently trading at $80.2 on volume of 3,287,185. Its 52 week range is between $45.99 and $78.22.
Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK) is currently trading at $51.24 on volume of 1,451,441. Its 52 week range is between $31.26 and $67.77.
NxStage Medical Inc (NXTM) is currently trading at $16.92 on volume of 2,509,028. Its 52 week range is between $16.29 and $27.12.
DDR Corp (DDR) is currently trading at $13.41.on volume of 1,7341,880. Its 52 week range is $9.76 and $15.28.
Trina Solar Ltd (TSL) is currently trading at $10.32.on volume of 9,373,969. Its 52 week range is between $5.28 and $31.08.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A stock moving up in price on higher than normal volume indicates strong buying conviction that could carry the stock even higher. A stock headed lower on big volume increases could signal strong selling pressure and an emerging downward trend. However, while it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Equities, Bonds and Oil Technical Analysis (Video) | ZeroHedge
- China Housing Bubble Re-Inflates - "Even We Didn't Expect The Prices To Go Up This Much" | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Rises Most In Q3 Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Who Won the Debate? My View and Some Surprising Polls | Financial Sense
- Truth in Numbers | Financial Sense
- Atlanta Fed Q3 GDP Estimate Tumbles To 2.4% From A High Of 3.8% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 terrible health tips from Gwyneth Paltrow | Business Insider
- A Ryder Cup fan who heckled Rory McIlroy for missing a putt came out and... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Bulgaria's parliament bans full-face veils in public spaces | Business Insider
- How one woman built herself a brand new career traveling the world after 21 years of working 9-5 | Business Insider
- Many companies are trying to profit from connected cars | Business Insider
- Trump addresses 3 a.m. tweeting: 'At least you know I will be... | Business Insider