Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The War On Cash Is Happening Faster Than We Could Have Imagined | ZeroHedge
- Trump Team Confirms Dakota Access Support Has "Nothing To Do With Personal Investments" In Pipeline Builder | ZeroHedge
- Intriguing Predictions On Trump's Plan For Federal Reserve | ZeroHedge
- Not Afraid | Financial Sense
- In Apology Letter to Reddit Users, Huffman Calls The Donald Users ‘Toxic’, ‘Behaving Badly’, Threatens Action and Outright Ban | ZeroHedge
- Obama Student Loan Foregiveness Plan To Cost Taxpayers $137 Billion, GAO Finds | ZeroHedge
- Nasdaq Tumbles Into Red Post-Trump As Bond Market Crashes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US auto sales jump more than expected in November (FCAU, GM, NSANY, F, TM, HMC, VOW) | Business Insider
- 6 major US cities are ramping up police efforts to fight a surge of hate crimes... | Business Insider
- Ask yourself 4 questions to come up with a business idea that doesn't... | Business Insider
- A startup headed by a former Tesla exec will show its electric sedan... | Business Insider
- The best time to book your holiday flights is different than last year,... | Business Insider
- A former investment banker designed sweatpants that are nice enough to... | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban shares his best advice for young people taking on a leadership... | Business Insider