Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Economy In Pictures: We've Seen This All Before | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Plunges To New Cycle Lows As Energy Credit Risk Hits Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Good News: Hookers Aren't Planning To Hike Rates | ZeroHedge
- BP's Stunning Warning: "Every Oil Storage Tank Will Be Full In A Few Months" | ZeroHedge
- World Equity Market "Wealth" Crashes $6 Trillion Below 2007 Highs | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Has A Big Problem With "Everyday Americans" | ZeroHedge
- Why Trump Thinks Unemployment Is 42% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How old 17 self-made billionaires were when they made their... | Business Insider
- DMX has been hospitalized after being found 'without a pulse' | Business Insider
- Business Insider is hiring a health reporter for the INSIDER team | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs has transformed its workforce — and it's great for junior... | Business Insider
- Google has a clever idea to let its self-driving cars deliver your packages (... | Business Insider
- These are some of the weapons the Pentagon wants for its $583 billion budget | Business Insider
- Robots will eliminate more than 5 million jobs in the next 5 years | Business Insider