Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 30 Year Yield Drops Below 3.00% As Richmond Fed Tumbles Most Since 2006 | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 26, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- "Britain Is In The Wrong Place," Daniel Hannan Blasts "The World Economy Has Left Europe Behind" | ZeroHedge
- Insight on Automation | ZeroHedge
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- Oil Rebounds On Reports OPEC Will Cut Supply, Seek Stricter Compliance | ZeroHedge
- "This Is Madness" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- More scans for Aussie batsman Hughes as he fights for... | Business Insider
- European Stocks Are Climbing | Business Insider
- This Guy Started Some Of The Biggest Tech Companies, But What He Really Cares... | Business Insider
- BAML: US Stocks Will Squeak Out A Tiny Gain In 2015 (DIA, SPY, QQQ, BAC) | Business Insider
- Jet-lagged McIlroy in early Australian Open golf hunt | Business Insider
- Trailer For New Peter Pan Movie Features A Shot Of Cara Delevingne As A Mermaid... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek