Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gaza Right Now: In Pictures | ZeroHedge
- Today Doesn’t Matter Because I’m Up Another 1.5% | iBankCoin.com
- Krugman’s Latest Debt Denial: Why His Two Magic Numbers Don’t Cut It | ZeroHedge
- Positive Start to Q2 Earnings | Financial Sense
- US State Department "Confident" MH17 "Mistakenly" Downed By Separatists, Finds No Direct Link To Russia | ZeroHedge
- The Gorilla Run Has to Commence NOW | iBankCoin.com
- "Is College Worth It?" - Here Is The Fed's Answer In One Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chipotle Poses A Surprising Threat To Abercrombie &... | Business Insider
- How To Respond If You Get Lost On Safari And A Lion... | Business Insider
- The US Now Has More Solar Workers Than Coal Miners | Business Insider
- LIVE: APPLE EARNINGS ARE IN LINE WITH EXPECTATIONS (AAPL) | Business Insider
- This Is What 114,500 Tons Of Scrap Looks Likes | Business Insider
- Here's The Logic Behind A Jury's Decision To Award $... | Business Insider
- Why EMC Stock Is Surging Today | TheStreet.com