Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five Regions Where Big Oil Is Foolishly Chasing Profits | Financial Sense
- Gold & Bond Yields Slide As Stocks Continue Hawkish Surge | ZeroHedge
- A Pleasant Morning | iBankCoin.com
- WTI Crude Plunges To New 7-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Worst. Recovery. Ever. | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market is the Terminator | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $ZU | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 6 Tactics For Powering Through A Workday On No Sleep | Business Insider
- Take A Tour Of Imgur's Quirky San Francisco Office | Business Insider
- How Sprint Is Planning to Turn Things Around | TheStreet.com
- This Chart Shows The Divide Between Whites And Blacks... | Business Insider
- Why Target's Earnings Warning Isn't Pummeling the Stock | TheStreet.com
- CHART OF THE DAY: Here’s How Google’s Stock Has Changed Over The... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider