Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Delinquency Rates Surge in 2016, Poised to Head Higher | Financial Sense
- The Dreadful Kagan Clan - Hillary's Warmongers-In-Waiting | ZeroHedge
- Introducing The Gotthard Train Tunnel, The World's Longest & Deepest Train Tunnel | ZeroHedge
- Kyle Bass Was Right: SocGen Does The Math On China's Staggering NPL Problem, Issues Dire Warning | ZeroHedge
- Zombie Economy Soon to Have its Zombie Epocalypse | ZeroHedge
- Do These Charts Reveal That The Next Chinese Yuan Devaluation Is Right Around The Corner? | ZeroHedge
- Monday Humor? The Hockey-Stick-Hype Of Stock-Market Hope | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the income you need to comfortably pay rent on a 2-... | Business Insider
- 'The last thing we need is a bully in the pulpit': Hillary Clinton finds... | Business Insider
- A Wall Street banker pulled a risky stunt in a meeting with regulators ― and for... | Business Insider
- Half of the world's hedge funds could be dead in the next 2 years | Business Insider
- A new ADHD drug has some psychiatrists scared | Business Insider
- Kyle Bass is getting whooped by what he called a 'massive opportunity' | Business Insider
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos on the Fire Phone flop: "We're working on... | Business Insider