Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Of England Governor Warns Of ZIRP/QE "In Perpetuity" | ZeroHedge
- Stanley Fischer's Novel Idea: "We'd Be Better Off With A Price For Using Money" | ZeroHedge
- After the Debate, the Deluge? (Now With A Trigger Warning) | ZeroHedge
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers, Major UK Construction Firm CEO Warns | ZeroHedge
- "You Shouldn't Listen to Me" – Here's What Bernie Said About Voting For Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Interview with OECD's William White on the Negative Side Effects of Ultra-Easy Money | Financial Sense
- The Central Bank Power Shift From West To East, Game Of Thrones Style | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia says it will continue bombing campaign in Syria... | Business Insider
- Mexican magazine portrays Donald Trump as Hitler on... | Business Insider
- 24 photos that show the synchronized chaos of America's aircraft-... | Business Insider
- Why lots of psychologists say anxiety is a sign of... | Business Insider
- Impoverished people are risking their lives for your... | Business Insider
- Mercedes unveils its first all-electric SUV concept at Paris Motor Show... | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider