Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- We Have Entered The Mania Phase: Market Complacency Has Never Been Higher | ZeroHedge
- On Memorial Day, Who Is America's True Superhero | ZeroHedge
- Should The Clinton 2016 Campaign Change Its Logo? | ZeroHedge
- US Accuses Iraq Army Of Cowardice, Says "More Firepower Support" Needed Against ISIS | ZeroHedge
- The Future Is Served: Meet Moley the Robot Master Chef | Financial Sense
- FBI Confirms No Major Terrorism Cases Cracked Via Unconstitutional Patriot Act Phone Spying | ZeroHedge
- The Best-Selling 'Monetary-Policy' Books Are All Anti-Fed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Burundi activists suspend govt talks as opposition... | Business Insider
- Sharapova, Murray get French Open bids underway | Business Insider
- 40 courses every golfer should play in their lifetime | Business Insider
- Here's everything analysts think will be in the... | Business Insider
- Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest | Business Insider
- Juan Pablo Montoya wins second Indy... | Business Insider
- Norwich down Middlesbrough to win promotion jackpot | Business Insider