Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart Of The Day: S&P 500 vs EBITDA | ZeroHedge
- Rick Santelli: Europe Is Baking Rotten Cookies | Financial Sense
- White House Explains: Obama Didn't Know What He Knew When Everyone Else Knew What He Should Have Known | ZeroHedge
- What Inflation Means to You: Inside the Consumer Price Index | Financial Sense
- Google: It’s Just Not Cricket! | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Not Ready to Handle Tapering Truth | Financial Sense
- The Gold/Silver Canary In The Coalmine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ARIANNA HUFFINGTON: Graduates Need To Redefine The Meaning Of Success | Business Insider
- The 14 Best Housing Markets For The Next Five Years | Business Insider
- Silver Has Now Had An Insane Day, And Is Actually Higher After Plunging 9% | Business Insider
- Apple Is About To Get A Deep Integration With Flickr, Which Is Going To Be Awesome... | Business Insider
- A Quick Ackman-Icahn Scoreboard Check In The Battle Over Herbalife | Business Insider
- United Is About To Put The Boeing Dreamliner Back In The Air | Business Insider
- Late-Game Home Run Makes Mike Trout Youngest To Hit For Cycle In 41 Years | Business Insider