Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Markets In Turmoil" Russell 2000 Plunges Most In Over 2 Years, Dow Down For 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Russia And Germany Allegedly Working On Secret "Gas For Land" Deal | ZeroHedge
- The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards | Financial Sense
- Risk Off As Employment Costs Surge: This Is Where Wages Supposedly Rose The Most | ZeroHedge
- 21 Ways To End The Phrase "Americans Are So Broke..." | ZeroHedge
- Elliott's Paul Singer On Gold, Inflation, And The Global Monetary Delusion | ZeroHedge
- Ebola Comes To America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Tell An Employee They're Failing Without Making Them Cry | Business Insider
- The 50 Most Influential People Behind The Scenes In Sports | Business Insider
- 5 Email Tricks You Didn't Know You Could Do On Your iPhone | Business Insider
- The Fabulous Life Of Billionaire Mavs Owner Mark Cuban | Business Insider
- Shazam's Got A New Mac App — And It Can... | Business Insider
- These Guys Raised $7 Million To Create A Calendar App That Thinks For You | Business Insider
- France's Largest Bank Posts Massive Loss After... | Business Insider