Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Finding Pearls Of Wisdom In The Donald’s Trumperbolic Campaign | ZeroHedge
- US Debt In The Age Of Unrestrained Central Banking | ZeroHedge
- Oil Price Collapse Triggers Currency Crisis in Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- Forget the Sept. '15 Fed Tightening – There Has Been a Stealth Tightening Since Sept. '14 | Financial Sense
- Fischer Speaks At Jackson Hole: "Fed Should Not Wait Until 2% Inflation To Begin Tightening" | ZeroHedge
- A Very Unexpected Statement From A Central Banker: "We Are Merely Reacting To A Situation We Did Not Create" | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Happened The Last Time Malaysia Faced A Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- South Sudan fighting persists as cease-fire approaches: UN... | Business Insider
- Atletico show title credentials with win at Sevilla | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Salads aren't making you happy, and they aren't helping the planet | Business Insider
- I just took a 14-hour flight on Korean Air and it was the best international flight I... | Business Insider
- 'A Sinner in Mecca' documents gay Muslim pilgrimage | Business Insider
- Arbour's success with 1 team _ Isles _ stands out to... | Business Insider