Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Prices Slip Despite Draw In Crude, Gasoline Inventories | Financial Sense
- Banks at risk if this support gives way, says Joe Friday | ZeroHedge
- Why the Big Banks Are Terrified of Le Pen Winning in France (but not BREXIT or Trump) | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- When Low-Wage Workers Are Better Than Robots | ZeroHedge
- Freedom Caucus May Be Ready To Flip As New ObamaCare Bill Sports "Significant Changes" | ZeroHedge
- "Everything's Worse" - Where India's Disintegration Is Set To Begin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The best USB-C cables for your Android phone or laptop | Business Insider
- 9 years ago, I started a love affair with a supplement that makes me sleep... | Business Insider
- Starbucks is already running out of the Unicorn Frappuccino — and baristas are... | Business Insider
- Trump's budget director floats a deal with Democrats on the... | Business Insider
- A brand new 'Star Wars' game was just announced — here's everything we know (EA... | Business Insider
- Here’s how you can get your hands on hard-to-find French snacks | Business Insider
- Ivanka Trump has hired her own chief of staff | Business Insider