Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Market Is Really Nervous Right Now (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Time To Be A Contrarian? | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
- Steve Wynn Slams Obamacare, Warns Government "Is Degrading The Living Standards Of Every Person In America" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Wants To Monitor "Rigged" US Presidential Elections | ZeroHedge
- Trump Has Split the GOP ... Now the Next Step? | ZeroHedge
- Dakota Access Pipeline Coalition Lashes Out At Obama's Attempt To "Ignore The Rule Of Law" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The author of 'Eat Fat, Get Thin' says there are 3 foods you should avoid | Business Insider
- McDonald’s made a major change to its nuggets, and... | Business Insider
- Veteran NFL receiver Steve Smith blasted the NFL for mishandling its Josh... | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? What happened to the people in Microsoft's iconic 1978 company photo (... | Business Insider
- 10 money lessons from professional athletes worth millions | Business Insider
- Hilary Swank says that after winning 2 Oscars she was still offered 5% of... | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider