Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Evidence Reveals Iran Evaded Sanctions, Continued Nuclear Weapon Development With Venezuela | ZeroHedge
- Echo Boomers Will Fire Up Housing Market | Financial Sense
- Trump Closing Gap With Hillary In Latest Reuters Poll: This Is How He Could Win | ZeroHedge
- Close All Mosques, Ban Koran; Poll-Leading Dutch 'Freedom' Party Unveils De-Islamization Manifesto | ZeroHedge
- Illinois Governor Furious After Pension Fund Cuts Returns Forecast, Sticking Taxpayers With "Crippling" Tax Hike | ZeroHedge
- $oRo$ (PART II) | ZeroHedge
- Capitalism Works If Government Would Just Get Out of the Way! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama's biggest achievement in Syria fell short — and Assad is rubbing it in his... | Business Insider
- A woman with schizophrenia told us what it's really like to live with incurable... | Business Insider
- PAUL TUDOR JONES: 'We have to think outside the box' | Business Insider
- A woman describes what it's like to be... | Business Insider
- Not all leafy greens are created equal — here's the definitive ranking of the best ones for... | Business Insider
- Colombia's peace deal has a cocaine problem | Business Insider
- Bangladesh police kill 'mastermind' of Dhaka cafe... | Business Insider