Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Clinton: "Businesses Don't Create Jobs" – Why She's Never Been More Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Let me get this straight… | ZeroHedge
- FOMC Ends QE; Reiterates "Considerable Time" for Low Rates | Financial Sense
- QE’s Seeds Are Already Sown | ZeroHedge
- Why Did Q3 GDP Jump: Thank ISIS And The "War On Terror" | ZeroHedge
- Meet “OSHbot” Lowes New Store Helper; Goodbye Retail Associates, Hello Robots | Financial Sense
- THE WALL STREET BULL IS COMING | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- With Rose blooming, Bulls open NBA season with emphatic... | Business Insider
- Mike Tyson says he was sexually abused as a child | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The Russian Currency Collapse Just Wiped Out Nearly $3 Billion Of Rosneft's Profits... | Business Insider
- Untapable wins Breeders' Cup Distaff | Business Insider
- Suddenly, Businesses In Europe Are Starting To Feel Better About Everything | Business Insider
- Nintendo Wants To Get Into The Healthcare Business With A Bedside Sleep Monitor | Business Insider