Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Uncertainty With the Upper Hand | Financial Sense
- Spot The Odd "VIX" Out | ZeroHedge
- Why Am I Still In the Stock Market? | Financial Sense
- Crude Drops After US Rig Count Decline Extends To Record 20 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- Global Markets Up on PBOC Move | Financial Sense
- America Ranks Below Israel In World Happiness Index | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Market Soup | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 13 ways successful people think differently | Business Insider
- I spent only $4 a day on food for a week — and it was grueling | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch is already wiping the floor with the entire smartwatch... | Business Insider
- Chart shows just how crazy the Golden State Warriors'... | Business Insider
- A new study raises a troubling question... | Business Insider
- NASDAQ ALL-TIME HIGH (DJI, IXIC, SPY, DNKN, CAT, PEP, GM) | Business Insider
- Families of death row inmates, fearing worst, head to... | Business Insider