Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Analyst's Surprising Indicator Why Recession Is Coming In Early 2017 | ZeroHedge
- Is Kyle Bass Finally Getting His Revenge? | Financial Sense
- Our Monetary System Favors The Rich & Hurts The Poor | ZeroHedge
- "Champagne Supernova" - IceCap Asks What Happens When The Bond Bubble Finally Pops | ZeroHedge
- "30 Seconds To Midnight" | ZeroHedge
- The Looming Shortage in Government Bonds | Financial Sense
- Thunderstorm Sparks Massive Spike In New York Elctricity Prices Amid Heat Wave | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sir Martin Sorrell, James Murdoch, Ann Lewnes, and more— check out IGNITION's incredible... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton’s campaign chair is obsessed with UFOs and aliens | Business Insider
- Turkey is widening crackdown after the attempted coup amid... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- This device lets you play a Super Nintendo with almost any wireless controller | Business Insider
- A photographer wore a urine-soaked panda suit to take the wildest panda... | Business Insider