Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Events Continue to Conspire Against The Fed | Financial Sense
- Energy Credit Risk Re-Surges As WTI Crude Extends Losses To Worst Since November | ZeroHedge
- DueLiNG MaRKeT PeRiLS... | ZeroHedge
- Greece Set To Restart Negotiations, IMF "Ready To Assist" Greece, Lagarde Says | ZeroHedge
- Citi Identifies Contagion "Trigger Point" For More ECB QE | ZeroHedge
- Commodities Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Ahead Of Dark ATMs, Import Shortages, Tsipras Goes Back To Brussels Begging For Bailout | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Business Insider is hiring a digital account manager in... | Business Insider
- This man will pay you $10,000 to find him a girlfriend | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 7/7: (... | StreetInsider.com
- European markets expected a 'No' | Business Insider
- The cast of 'Suicide Squad' has an on-set therapist for... | Business Insider
- The summer camp for billionaires, which kicks off in Sun Valley today, has yielded some... | Business Insider
- Abby Wambach delivers incredible 7-minute monologue about her career... | Business Insider