Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wait For It | iBankCoin.com
- China Leading Index Plunges To 6 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- The Bonds Of The Third Largest Austrian Bank Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Tighten Those Chin Straps Folks Because Here Comes a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly (RUD) | ZeroHedge
- What’s Working Today | iBankCoin.com
- The Bull Market Has Begun, Yet Again | iBankCoin.com
- Swiss Franc Tumbles Then Soars, On Suspected Failed SNB Intervention | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IS issues new threat to kill Jordanian pilot | Business Insider
- SpaceX Reveals Stunning Video Showing Its Totally Futuristic New Rockets | Business Insider
- Islamists' 24-hour hostage deadline '... | Business Insider
- Plot foiled? Sundance doc lifts lid on FBI stings | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Here's The Best Time Of Day To Work Out To Lose Weight | Business Insider
- The iPhone Helped Apple Make History This Quarter (AAPL) | Business Insider