Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- We Expect Huge Oil Inventory Draws in July (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Facebook Introduces "Political Bias" Training For Employees | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jun 27, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Dr. Keith Barron on Helicopter Drops, Gold, and Brexit | Financial Sense
- In Major Win For Abortion Advocates, Supreme Court Voids Texas Abortion Clinic Law | ZeroHedge
- "Frack Master" Busted For Blowing Investor Cash On "Whore Card" | ZeroHedge
- S&P 500 Plunges Below 2,000 Level, Biggest Drop Since August Crash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The director of 'Drive' tells us what inspired his terrifying new horror movie... | Business Insider
- Brexit has claimed another... | Business Insider
- Chipotle is giving away more free burritos | Business Insider
- Here's the only stat you need to be bullish on the US economy | Business Insider
- 17 tiny European islands that you've probably never heard of, but should... | Business Insider
- Netflix is trying to solve a big problem: there's no Harry Potter for... | Business Insider
- Sonos just fixed the most annoying thing about its iPhone app | Business Insider