Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It’s Not Just Spying – How The NSA Has Turned Into A Giant Profit Center For Corrupt Insiders | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Sachs Is Buying Carl Icahn's "High Yield Bond Bubble" | ZeroHedge
- It Will Take 398,879,561 Years To Pay Off The US Government's Debt | ZeroHedge
- Forget "Lower For Longer", The Fed's New Message Is "Sooner But Slower" | ZeroHedge
- The Investing World In 10 Objects | ZeroHedge
- Despite WHO's Confidence, Mali Becomes 6th West African Nation With Ebola | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Publicis CEO Admits Earnings Statement Contains 'Pure Rhetoric' And Lousy Results... | Business Insider
- The 18 Most Cliché Halloween Costumes Of 2014 | Business Insider
- EU agrees landmark climate change deal: Van Rompuy | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Slack Defends Facebook Rooms, Says Their Apps Are Not The... | Business Insider
- Jack Bogle on Warren Buffett, Bill Gross and How to Invest in a Volatile Market | TheStreet.com
- Slack CEO Denies He's Raising At A Billion Dollar Valuation | Business Insider