Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why London, Too, Will Balk At Sanctions Against Russia (And Putin Knows It) | ZeroHedge
- Nobel Peace Prize Winning Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- US Probes Terrorist Concerns Over 'Missing' Malaysian Airlines Jet | ZeroHedge
- Why Is the Dow Lagging the Broader Market? | Financial Sense
- An End To Austerity? | ZeroHedge
- Caution Ahead: A Look at the Performance of the U.S. Transportation System | iBankCoin.com
- Looking Past Ukraine | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 15 Coolest Airbnb Rentals In New York City | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The 6 Best Clips From The Original Cosmos | Business Insider
- The 'Internet Of Things' Will Be Bigger Than The Smartphone, Tablet... | Business Insider
- Obama Advisor: US Won't Recognize Crimea Annexation | Business Insider
- The Truth About The Soda Machines At South By Southwest | Business Insider
- US Tech Company Had 20 Employees On Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight | Business Insider