Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wages & Lowflation (Or Why Rick Santelli Is Right) | ZeroHedge
- $20 Oil Looms As Iran-Nuclear Deal Nears Deadline | ZeroHedge
- Frenzied Speculative Activity in China's Equity Markets | Financial Sense
- Reuters Asks "Who Is More Of A Threat: Obama Or Putin", Surprised By The Answer | ZeroHedge
- SocGen Asks The $4.5 Trillion Question | ZeroHedge
- Germanwings Co-Pilot Head Been Treated For "Suicidal Tendencies" In The Past | ZeroHedge
- FRauFiNGeR... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, BBY, TEVA, ASPX, UNH... | Business Insider
- People think China has gone to war against GitHub | Business Insider
- Solar Impulse lands in China after 20-hour flight... | Business Insider
- What it's like to use Tidal, the Spotify killer that Jay Z just... | Business Insider
- Significant increase in bonuses in recent quarters | Business Insider
- General Motors is stopping production in... | Business Insider
- How Cameron could avoid throwing his party into chaos if he... | Business Insider