Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THE DOGS OF HELL HAVE BEEN RELEASED ON VIX INSTRUMENT PRODUCT OWNERS | iBankCoin.com
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- Hedge Funds Have Worst Week Since 2011: Here Are The Best And Worst Performers In October And 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Made Some Sales Of NADL | iBankCoin.com
- McDonalds Sales Plunge In Worst Month Since 2003 Following Dollar Meal "Sticker Shock" | ZeroHedge
- Banks See Positive Start on Q3 Earnings | Financial Sense
- Futures Fade Entire Overnight Rally | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Why Amazon's Jeff Bezos Is The Highest-Performing CEO... | Business Insider
- IBM Is Tanking Again | Business Insider
- Welcome To Lanai, Oracle Billionaire Larry Ellison's $300 Million... | Business Insider
- Coca-Cola Shares Tank After Management Warns On Profits (KO) | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- These Two Maps Explain ISIS's Chokehold Over Iraq | Business Insider
- San Francisco's 2015 Michelin Ratings Are Out — And There Are 2 New 3-Star... | Business Insider