Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- More Lukewarm Econ Data to Match Q1 Earnings | Financial Sense
- "If..." | ZeroHedge
- Are Central Banks Running the Oil Market or Just the World? | ZeroHedge
- US to Undermine Russia’s Gas Monopoly in Europe | Financial Sense
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Tumbles To $43 Handle As Demand Fears Grow | ZeroHedge
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A comment from a coworker made me realize I've been deluding myself about money... | Business Insider
- One of our favorite Bluetooth speakers is on... | Business Insider
- 9 of the trickiest brainteasers... | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' just set up two major characters for an epic battle... | Business Insider
- 7 tech gadgets your mom might actually use this Mother’s Day | Business Insider
- Customer service experiences are more... | Business Insider
- 4 important things you probably missed on this... | Business Insider