Ultrabooks Getting Orders
Great news for our Ultrabook stocks, the orders are starting to 'pour in'. That's going to benefit Microsoft (MSFT), Intel (INTC), and HP (HPQ).
Ultrabooks are a crossbreed of a tablet and laptop computer. Ultrabooks are thin, light (2.4 to 3 lbs.), sleek, and bottom line -- the computer of the future. The majority of them will be powered by Windows 8. Review our article Ultrabook Stocks for 2012 for more information on the upcoming line.
The news of ultrabook orders comes from DigiTimes.com. Taiwan IC designers expect March sales to register 5-15% sequential growth and continue to rise through the second quarter, thanks to a pull-in of orders for ultrabooks.
Suppliers of PC controller chips indicated that orders coming from the ultrabook sector have been ramped up in preparation for new product rollouts. Orders placed by their notebook clients for March are more than 50% higher than the monthly average levels in January and February, according to sources at the design houses.
A quick look at ultrabooks, like the Intel Concept NIKISKI Demo running Windows 8:
Here's a look at HP's Folio13 Ultrabook that comes out this year:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Most Illegal Immigrants Live In America's Metropolitan Areas | ZeroHedge
- Gold, 10-Year Bond, Dollar Into FOMC (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Trumpocalypse: Liberal Ivory Tower of Academia collapsing | ZeroHedge
- What First Amendment? Arizona Wants Power To Seize The Assets Of Protesters | ZeroHedge
- In The Market For An Oil Tanker? You Can Buy It On The Chinese Ebay | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Hacking Spree: Is Blockchain the Solution? | Financial Sense
- Trump Administration Unveils First Step In Building Border Wall | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- YouTube stars are resisting Trump at the risk of... | Business Insider
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Jimmy Kimmel reignites his Matt Damon feud during the Oscars | Business Insider
- The director of the Oscar-winning Pixar short reveals the... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- KFC trolls the internet with a 'clean-eating burger' — complete... | Business Insider