Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Utilities Leading the Market Higher | Financial Sense
- Stab, er... I Mean... Beggar Thy Neighbor - It's ALL OUT (Currency) WAR! Pt 2 | ZeroHedge
- Despite What You Don't Hear In The Media, It's ALL OUT (Currency) WAR! Pt. 1 | ZeroHedge
- Israel's President Refuses To Meet With Obama | ZeroHedge
- 2015: The Year of Default | ZeroHedge
- The Stunning Difference Between Unionized And Non-Unionized Wages | ZeroHedge
- When Hope Triumphs Over Reason: Energy Sector Stocks Most Expensive Since 2002 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Mobile App-Install Ad... | Business Insider
- FBI Agent Explains How Russia's Foreign Spy Operations... | Business Insider
- McDonald's Is Overhauling Customer Service | Business Insider
- Greek election: LIVE REPORT | Business Insider
- Netflix Dominated At The SAG Awards | Business Insider
- How To Protect Your Android Phone If It's Ever Lost Or Stolen | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek