Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: What Is Normal? | ZeroHedge
- Why Japan Is Bad For The World | ZeroHedge
- FiNaNCiaL TeRRoRiSM AND PoLiTiCaL SeX MaP... | ZeroHedge
- This Might Be Why There’s a Student Debt Bubble | iBankCoin.com
- America’s Addiction to Foreign Uranium | Financial Sense
- Spot The Odd Continent Out: Total Bank Assets As % Of GDP | ZeroHedge
- Japan - Green Light to Crush Yen | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Why Yahoo Might Pay $1.1 Billion For Tumblr Even Though It Only Has $13 Million... | Business Insider
- 5 Stocks Seeing Bullish Options Action | TheStreet.com
- TORONTO MAYOR: That Wasn't Me Smoking Crack In That Video | Business Insider
- NBA Playoff Prediction: Here's Our Official Pick For Who Wins The... | Business Insider
- How An Accident Turned A CNet Editor Into BlackBerry Z10 Fan (BBRY) | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com