Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- Bull Market Dealt A Significant Blow? | ZeroHedge
- Is The Oil Glut Real? | ZeroHedge
- I AM AFRAID OF THE CYBER-NET | iBankCoin.com
- De-Dollarization Du Jour: Russia Backs BRICS Alternative To SWIFT | ZeroHedge
- IRS Admits Refunding Billions On Fake Tax Returns | ZeroHedge
- How Healthcare Is Dooming the U.S. Economy (Three Charts) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Starbucks doesn't recycle most of its cups | Business Insider
- This giant telescope has split the astronomy community in two | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- This $36 million Idaho ranch is the secluded getaway of your... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- The economy shrank | Business Insider
- Why one of Silicon Valley's top investors says... | Business Insider