Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Recent Liquidation Avalanche As Explained By Dan Loeb, And Why He Is Back To Shorting Stocks Again | ZeroHedge
- Is China the Next Sub-Prime Event? | ZeroHedge
- Peak Ponzi: Only 13% Of Loans In Bulgaria's Fourth Largest Bank Had Valid Collateral | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Claims It Hit US Embassy In Baghdad's Green Zone | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Drop On Oil Dump & ECB Reality-Check | ZeroHedge
- Let it Rest | iBankCoin.com
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself” | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Beating Madrid matters more than Liga record, Messi says | Business Insider
- Pinterest Is Continuing To Roll Out More Ads — Here's What It Looks Like For... | Business Insider
- An Executive Coach Explains How To Master Office Politics To Rise Through The Ranks | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- DeMarco Murray's Historic Season Has Created A Tricky Contract Decision For The Cowboys... | Business Insider
- YELP SHARES CRASH (YELP) | Business Insider
- Mortgage Company Ocwen Financial Is Crashing After New York... | Business Insider