Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sweet Sixteen | iBankCoin.com
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- My Secret to Success | iBankCoin.com
- Weekly Sentiment Report: Is There Another Rabbit in the Hat? | ZeroHedge
- The Iranian "Stolen Passport" Passenger Plot Thickens | ZeroHedge
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- Ukrainian Stereotyping Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Millennials Need Constant Feedback At Work | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- China's Fake Trade Distortion Is Behind Its Ugly Export Data (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider
- How North Korean News Media Covered Kim Jong Un's Gigantic... | Business Insider
- The States That Love Wine The Most [MAP] | Business Insider
- Teaser Trailer For The Return Of '24' Shows Jack Bauer In Trouble | Business Insider
- Why Harry Reid Wants Me To Stop Reading The Budget | Business Insider