Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Last Look At The Real Economy Before It Implodes - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Who's Isolated Now? Kazakhstan Authorities Announce Plans To De-Dollarize Economy | ZeroHedge
- Former CIA Head Pleads Guilty To Mishandling Classified Information, Faces Year In Prison | ZeroHedge
- 2-Year T-Note Shows Path for FOMC | Financial Sense
- Solutions Start With Innovation And Transparency | ZeroHedge
- Crude Plunges On Biggest Weekly Inventory Build In 14 Years | ZeroHedge
- Canada’s Central Bank Requests End To Defacing of Debasing Canadian Dollar | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russian Security Expert Explains Why Moscow May Never Let Snowden Go | Business Insider
- 15 amazing features in Google Apps you probably don't know about | Business Insider
- Liberia's last Ebola patient discharged: government | Business Insider
- Young designers shine at start of Paris Fashion Week | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Rescuers find 32 dead miners in east Ukraine mine | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com