Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- Marketwide Short Squeeze 5th Day In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Zillow Said to Be Bidding for Trulia | iBankCoin.com
- Why "The US Should Have Already Panicked," The Sectarian Divide Mapped Out | ZeroHedge
- Amazon is Stupid | iBankCoin.com
- Senate Democrats Push To Triple Israel's Iron-Dome Aid To $576 Million | ZeroHedge
- Will Investors Get Out In Time This Time? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CYNK PLUNGES 86% (CYNK) | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Terror Threat Against Norway | Business Insider
- 30 Stocks Traders Are Shorting Like Crazy (SODA, SUNE, SPWR, TSLA, WUBA, JD, CVC, MNK, VEEV, JCP,... | Business Insider
- The 15 Best Tech CEOs To Work For | Business Insider
- Tour de France Leader Nearly Taken Down By... | Business Insider
- The Horrifying Story Of What Is Happening To Former US Interpreters In Afghanistan | Business Insider