Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- For Those Who Still Care About Fundamentals, A Troubling Chart | ZeroHedge
- Don't Worry, You Are Not Alone: "No One Knows How To Price Brexit" Citi Admits | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: When Central Planning Fails | ZeroHedge
- Compound W | ZeroHedge
- CCTV Camera Captures Moment Of Istanbul Airport Explosion As Suicide Attacker Blows Himself Up | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Batters Obama: "He Came To Britain And Behaved Disgracefully" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Tesla investor says Elon Musk’s family ties led to... | Business Insider
- Beijing is vowing to punish anyone who smears the... | Business Insider
- Inside the world's most fragile country | Business Insider
- 7 electric cars that could challenge Tesla's Model S (TSLA) | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel brought out Troompa-Loompas to shame Donald... | Business Insider
- If you want to get a bigger salary and expand your skill set, this is the... | Business Insider
- Travis Kalanick's dog is adorable and it's running for president... | Business Insider