Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- Americans Supported and Inspired the Nazis | ZeroHedge
- A 'Miner' Problem, $2 Billion In Negative Working Capital | ZeroHedge
- Felix Zulauf: Asset Prices Will Continue to Inflate as China Joins the Party Next | Financial Sense
- Flows Into European Equities Reaches Feverish Pitch, Consolidation Likely Ahead | Financial Sense
- Introducing The "Overseas Contingency Operations Account" – Washington's Crony Capitalist War Slush Fund | ZeroHedge
- The 'Obama' Warning System | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tony Robbins reveals the real story behind his... | Business Insider
- Significant increase in bonuses in recent quarters | Business Insider
- Sorry, but there was never an oil storage crisis (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Nigeria president's vote hit by technology glitch | Business Insider
- It's going to take a much bigger lawsuit than Ellen Pao's to fight sexism... | Business Insider
- Why people who are good at sports are NOT... | Business Insider
- Tom Brady posted a Facebook video of him doing a crazy cliff dive and fans are flipping out | Business Insider