Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- A Glimpse Inside The FX "Cartel's" Chat Rooms | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 29 | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices to 1-Week Low as Safe Haven Demand Falls | Financial Sense
- Total War Over The Petrodollar | ZeroHedge
- Oil Breaks Below $80 | Financial Sense
- The European Central Bank Embarks on Asset Purchases | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Remember When A Hedge Fund Impounded Argentina's War Ship...... | Business Insider
- Wawrinka and Raonic advance at Paris Masters | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Bruce Willis Has Bought A New York Countryside Getaway For $9... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Most Of The Highest-Paid Players In The World Series Will Not Start Game 7 | Business Insider
- Norway's Island Prison For Violent Criminals Looks Like No Prison We've Ever Seen | Business Insider
- Fannie and Freddie Preferred Shares Left Behind in Rally | TheStreet.com