Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 20 Billion Barrels of Oil Were Not Discovered in the Permian Basin | Financial Sense
- Twitter Threatens Trump Ban Over "Harassment And Hateful Conduct" | ZeroHedge
- ESPN Still Bleeding Subs As 1.2mm People Ditch Service In Past 2 Months Alone | ZeroHedge
- Who Still Lives At Home With Their Parents? | ZeroHedge
- Philadelphia City Attorney Linked To Anti-Trump Grafitti | ZeroHedge
- Another False Flag? "Destructive Iranian Hackers" Allegedly "Wreak Havoc" With Saudi Computer Systems | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Strength Warrants Caution On U.S. Equities | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to split the bill when you're out to dinner with close family members | Business Insider
- Fox Business Network scores highest-rated month in network history | Business Insider
- Obama says the US is divided because 'people are no longer... | Business Insider
- China is stepping up its global power play | Business Insider
- The 7 best electric motorcycles you can buy | Business Insider
- Mayors could override Trump on the Paris climate accord — here's how... | Business Insider
- Millennials have no use for your mobile ads | Business Insider