Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Panic: China Central Bank Steps In To Bailout Stocks As Underwater Traders Pray For A Rebound | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt: A 1.6% Decline From Last Month's Record High | Financial Sense
- A Look at Greek Contagion Risk | Financial Sense
- Varexit – Greeks Sacrifice Euro Antagonist In Bid To Secure Deal | ZeroHedge
- Presenting The ECB's "Tools" To Stem Contagion | ZeroHedge
- Did They "Fix" The US Economy? | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Women's World Cup final - USA lead Japan 4-1 at half-... | Business Insider
- The one crucial reason Apple Music and Spotify can... | Business Insider
- 'Terminator Genisys' had a rough weekend at the box office | Business Insider
- Abby Wambach delivers incredible 7-minute monologue about her career... | Business Insider
- Euro drops against dollar after Greek referendum... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 7/6: (... | StreetInsider.com