Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Where Does This Crisis End?" - Kurt Schlichter Lays Out The Left's Violent Endgame | ZeroHedge
- Gold, 10-Year Bond, Dollar Into FOMC (Video) | ZeroHedge
- "It Was A Pretty Disturbing Briefing”: Why State Governors Suddenly Got Cold Feet About Obamacare Repeal | ZeroHedge
- Darrell Issa Demands Special Prosecutor Probe Trump-Russia Connections | ZeroHedge
- Citizen Militia Experiences Explosive Growth Following The Last Election | ZeroHedge
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- China Moves to Put North Korea in Its Place | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Analysts slaps 'NEUTRAL' on Snap's stock ahead of its IPO | Business Insider
- Daymond John shares the biggest lessons he's learned from 8 years on '... | Business Insider
- A 'complex moment' — Mexico is looking to... | Business Insider
- A Breitbart boat party and Trump fans everywhere: What... | Business Insider
- What happens when you eat too much protein | Business Insider