Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Clash, Mesh, Rattle... Thud | Financial Sense
- Fed Fails - American Spending Growth Is Weakest Since March 2011 | ZeroHedge
- "Computer Glitch" Plaguing ETFs Is "Unrelated" To Monday's Flash Crash, BNY Swears | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 27, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Virginia Reporter, Photographer Killed During Live TV Report; "Disgruntled Employee" Gunman Tweets Attack, Shoots Himself | ZeroHedge
- Gold Surges On NIRP Hint | ZeroHedge
- A Bottom, But Not THE Bottom | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 15 great interview questions that measure emotional intelligence... | Business Insider
- Walker: 'We cannot afford to lose' in Middle East | Business Insider
- Obama Foundation begins search for Chicago library... | Business Insider
- US stocks are rallying again (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- People are going crazy over this report that says you should... | Business Insider
- 9 science-backed reasons to own a dog | Business Insider
- Consumer Reports: The Tesla Model S... | Business Insider