Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Does History Say About the First Rate Hike and Stocks? | Financial Sense
- One by One the Central Banks Are Losing Control | ZeroHedge
- Taxation As A Severe Insult | ZeroHedge
- Another Data Point To Ignore - There Are The Most Distressed Bonds In 6 Years | ZeroHedge
- A Look At The Coming Collapse Of The European Union | ZeroHedge
- Coming of Age: China’s Yuan Joins SDR Basket As IMF Reserve Currency | ZeroHedge
- 2015: The Year Of The American Identity Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 13 weird jobs you'll be surprised to know exist | Business Insider
- Here's what happens in your body when you get 'hangry' | Business Insider
- 24 of the best gifts for the science-lover in your life | Business Insider
- Inside the dog-filled... | Business Insider
- Shiffrin leads giant slalom; Vonn slides off course | Business Insider
- Massive data hack exposes personal information about kids | Business Insider