Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- Gold Prices Spike 2% to 1-Month High as U.S. Stocks Dump With Bond Yields on Poor Retail Sales Data | Financial Sense
- The Fed's Hands Are Tied Unless the Market Crashes | ZeroHedge
- How Japanese Hyperinflation Starts (In 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Is This Why Stocks Are Soaring? | ZeroHedge
- The Reckoning for 3D Printers | iBankCoin.com
- WTF Chart Du Jour: The Broken Market Fallacy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Froome considering skipping 2015 Tour | Business Insider
- Snowplow Driver That Led To Russian Plane Crash Says He... | Business Insider
- Here's How Ridiculously Difficult It Was To Film 'Birdman' In 30 Days | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Facebook Billionaire Sean Parker Is Building An... | Business Insider
- The Occidental College Student Who Was... | Business Insider