Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 4 Key Reasons for CAPEX Accelerating | Financial Sense
- David Stockman On 'The QE Follies': Bernanke's Swell Gift To The Big Four Banks | ZeroHedge
- Peak "Greatest Fool" | ZeroHedge
- What Happened To The Middle Class? The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Year of the Gas | Financial Sense
- Potential for "Very High" Natural Gas Spikes This Year, Says Energy Analyst | Financial Sense
- Big Four Economic Indicators See Strong Advance | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Don't Blame the Companies | TheStreet.com
- Here Are the Best Days of the Week to Buy Gas | TheStreet.com
- 5 Proven Reasons You Should Be Eating More Dark Chocolate | Business Insider
- Why Priceline's CEO Is Completely Wrong About... | Business Insider
- Chevy Corvette and Camaro: New American Muscle in 2015 | TheStreet.com
- This Is How Much Startup Founders Pay Themselves (And It's Less Than You... | Business Insider
- 21 Awesome Easter Eggs In 'Grand Theft Auto V' | Business Insider