Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's What's Wrong With Corporate America, And The U.S. Economy | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- The Fed & "The Grandest Con Job In The History Of The World" | ZeroHedge
- What Is The Gold-Oil Ratio Telling Us? | ZeroHedge
- Putin Defiant, Lashes Out At West, Tells Russians Economy May Stay Weak For Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Complexity Of Fed Message Resumes Rising: FOMC Words Increase From 707 To 734 | ZeroHedge
- Easy There, Lads | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Costco Versus Amazon: We Figured Out Who Has Cheaper Prices Online | Business Insider
- Stocks Pop as Fed Pledges to Be 'Patient' on Raising Rates | TheStreet.com
- Fed makes no policy changes; says can be 'patient' | Business Insider
- A Former Seattle Seahawk Will Lead 200 Merrill Lynch Reps In San Francisco | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, SEAS) | Business Insider
- Abercrombie Rejected A 17-Year-Old Girl For A Job, And Now The... | Business Insider
- Russian ruble rebounds slightly after record plunge | Business Insider