Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Fail To Ramp On Lack Of Yen Carry Excitement | ZeroHedge
- Gold Edging Closer to Long-Term Bearish; Beware of Blind Spots! | Financial Sense
- GOT THE TIGER BY ITS TAIL | iBankCoin.com
- As "Expected" EURJPY 139.00 Lifts Stocks Into The Green | ZeroHedge
- Now or Never for the Color | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- The Unbridled Idiocy Of "Cash On The Sidelines" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- The Boston Red Sox Are Great For The Economy | Business Insider
- How To Choose The Perfect Diamond | Business Insider
- How Elon Musk Desperately Tried To Get A Job At Netscape | Business Insider
- Photos Of Australian Athletes Training For The Winter Olympics... | Business Insider
- Twitter's Mobile Ad Offerings Just Took A Huge Step Forward — And They Might Be Even... | Business Insider
- Here Are The Four US States That Are Expected To Contract Over The Next Six... | Business Insider