Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Trump Trade 1.0" Is Over - Why It Will Take Some Time To Ship Version 2.0 | ZeroHedge
- Will Thursday's Final TLTRO Finally Spark Carry Trades? | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Exposes "The Conspiracy Against President Trump" | ZeroHedge
- ITR Economics: 2019 Recession, 2030 Depression | Financial Sense
- Only 1 In 6 Americans Hold 'Favorable' View Of FBI Director Comey | ZeroHedge
- The Unwind of the Trump Trade Has Begun (Markets Wake Up to GDP of 2% for 2017) | ZeroHedge
- London Attacker Is Khalid Masood, 52-Year-Old Brit With Prior Criminal Convictions | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the leading credit card processing companies (JPM, BAC, C, WFC, VNTV,... | Business Insider
- 'His budget is contrary to African-American interests... | Business Insider
- PIMCO: The odds of a 'full-blown trade war' are... | Business Insider
- The stock market keeps rallying on old news and it... | Business Insider
- We tried this startup’s boots, and they’re just as good as pairs twice their price | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- HOUSE INTEL CHAIR: US intelligence agencies 'incidentally collected' information on Trump’s... | Business Insider