Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Precious Metals Bull Makes His Last Stand | iBankCoin.com
- Another Sign That Central Planning Works: Condom Shortage In Cuba | ZeroHedge
- Is This What a Credit Bubble Looks Like? | ZeroHedge
- Is The US Military Preparing For The Collapse Of The Dollar? | ZeroHedge
- Gold Tumbles To 2-Month Lows... Because It's Tuesday | ZeroHedge
- Chart Surfing | iBankCoin.com
- Retail Store Closures Soar In 2014: At Highest Pace Since Lehman Collapse | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill Ackman And Valeant Pharma Are Reportedly Making A Bid On Botox-Maker Allergan | Business Insider
- Lexus' New Crossover Reveals The Company's Big... | Business Insider
- This Bizarre Structure Could Provide Drinking Water Even In A Desert | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Why Plug Power Stock Is Gaining Today | TheStreet.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- One More Reason To Love The Earth — Going Outside Will Actually Make You Healthier | Business Insider