Almost Ready to Trade Volatility
Its almost that time again fellow Masters, we've done this trade countless times -- Buy the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) when it hits a 12 month low. Only 3.8% more and we execute this trade again.
The VIX once again has fell below its 50-day moving average. As you know volatility products such as VXX track VIX futures contracts, not the spot price. The VIX hit 16 on Friday (April 27th) and the last time it bottomed was at 14 in March.
Be patient with this trade, no need to be a hero and come early to the party, the VXX could tank another 10% from this level. We wanted to make you aware and when the VXX hits a new 52-week low, its time for action. Do not hold the VXX for more than 5 days, its swings too much.
MASTERY Bottom line:
We prefer to buy the VXX after it falls to $14 a share and please use caution. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Saudi Arabia Setting The World Up For Major Oil Price Spike? | ZeroHedge
- PaY No ATTeNTioN To THaT PhD MoRoN... | ZeroHedge
- Hong Kong Insanity Launches Exchange Operator's Shares Into Orbit | ZeroHedge
- The REAL Issue With a Grexit/ Greek Default | ZeroHedge
- Markets Retreat on Increased Risk of Greek Default | Financial Sense
- GET INSIDE OF THE TEEVEE | iBankCoin.com
- Japan's "Over 65" Rise To Record 33 Million, More Than Double Number Of Children | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This indie comedy is the funniest movie so far this year | Business Insider
- Leaked Sony emails reveal 'Peter Rabbit' feature film may be in the... | Business Insider
- New Google security chief looks for balance with privacy | Business Insider
- Kids in the UK are playing a dangerous game called 'sleeper,' where they... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week Highs and... | StreetInsider.com
- LaMarcus Aldridge, one of the top NBA free agents this summer, has an $80 million incentive... | Business Insider
- Here's how humans are going to find alien life | Business Insider