Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don Coxe on Brewing US Pension Crisis, Stimulus vs. Rising Rates | Financial Sense
- This Map Explains The Roots Of France's Growing Nationalism | ZeroHedge
- NYC Retail Vacancies Soar Prompting Massive Rent Concessions | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns OPEC Production Cut Extension Will Backfire, Result In Lower Prices | ZeroHedge
- Silver bear market could end here! | ZeroHedge
- And Now Fake Consumer Confidence Too: Gallup Says Confidence In The Economy "Tumbled" | ZeroHedge
- Despite Dip-Buying Panic, The Dow Has Not Seen Longer Losing Streak Than This Since 1978 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A federal watchdog wants to know how Trump spends his... | Business Insider
- Pentagon says it's longer giving out specific numbers of US troops fighting ISIS | Business Insider
- GM is jumping as it faces off with David Einhorn over... | Business Insider
- Robo advisors are gaining popularity with high-net-... | Business Insider
- Here is the gorgeous $2 billion stadium the Las Vegas Raiders are expected to call home | Business Insider
- Russia's largest bank just pulled out of Ukraine | Business Insider
- Sarah Paulson wants to play Trump in the 'bats---' next... | Business Insider