Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap December 6, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
- Chart Of The Day: US Labor Force Declines By 25,000 In Past Year Despite 2.4 Million Rise In Employable Americans | ZeroHedge
- Highest Radiation Level Ever, Lethal In 20 Minutes, Recorded Outside Fukushima Reactor | ZeroHedge
- 401K Investors Should Move to Cash | ZeroHedge
- 70% Of Calfornia's Doctors Expected To Boycott Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The Shale Oil Boom is More "Mirage" than "Miracle" | ZeroHedge
- E-Commerce With Chinese Characteristics | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DEUTSCHE BANK: The Performance Of Global Markets In 2013 Was A Necessary Response... | Business Insider
- 5 Tech Stocks Spiking on Unusual Volume | TheStreet.com
- BlackRock Is The Biggest Investor In The World — Is Its Dominance A... | Business Insider
- Fixing Inequality In America Starts By Getting Back... | Business Insider
- Facebook Might Be Adding A 'Sympathize' Button | Business Insider
- New Details Revealed About Ryan Lanza's Interrogation After The... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek