Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Much Crude Oil Do You Consume on a Daily Basis? | Financial Sense
- Markets Are Now Beyond The Control Of The Fed | ZeroHedge
- "There’s Going To Be Chaos" - What Is The Worst-Case Outcome Of Today's Supreme Court Obamacare Hearing | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Payroll Post-Mortem: Fed Will Modify Forward Guidance, Possible June Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- A Savings Problem | Financial Sense
- US Trade Deficit Worse Than Expected As Auto Exports Tumble | ZeroHedge
- "Chinese Economic Activity Has Probably Slowed To Less Than 3%" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A group of female Twitter execs and alums has joined up to invest in and... | Business Insider
- Leon Brittan and the Westminster child abuse scandal: 'his... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Tesla says that everything is on track with... | Business Insider
- 4 savings mistakes 20-somethings should avoid at all costs | Business Insider
- Bill Nye the Science Guy has finally changed his mind about GMOs | Business Insider
- Here's Mark Zuckerberg's one tip for hiring employees (FB) | Business Insider