Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 5 Charts That Prove Millennials Are Worse Off Than You | ZeroHedge
- After "Pause That Refreshes" 'Investors' Panic-Buy Stocks Back To Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- WSJ Reporter's "Shocking" Discovery: DHS Can Confiscate Any Device Along The Border Without Suspicion | ZeroHedge
- 18-Year-Old German-Iranian Is Behind Munich "Shooting Rampage" Which Killed 10 Including Gunman | ZeroHedge
- How To Actually Make America Great Again | ZeroHedge
- Bert Dohmen: China Still the Greatest Threat to Global Markets | Financial Sense
- A Real Estate Mania Redux | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- Something strange seems to be going on at Universal... | Business Insider
- Here's how Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump responded to the shooting in... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Huawei and GE are working together to build smart machines (... | Business Insider
- UN thinks internet access is a human right | Business Insider
- 24 things you can buy to make your living room look expensive, even if it's... | Business Insider