Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trade Ideas For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- A "No Social Media List" For Extremists And Potential Terrorists? | ZeroHedge
- Deflation As A Precursor Of A Weimar-like Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Inflation Drops To Fresh 5 Year Low, EURUSD Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- VIX Options Halted As CBOE Breaks | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Sentiment Remains Strong | Financial Sense
- Europe & China Start Direct Trading In Euros & Yuan As De-Dollarization Expands | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Everything We Know About The First Ebola Patient Diagnosed In The US... | Business Insider
- 24 Incredible Images You Won't Believe Were Found On Google Street View | Business Insider
- Dear Marissa Mayer: Here's What You Can Do To Save Your... | Business Insider
- The App 100: The World's Greatest Apps | Business Insider
- During Times Like This, Advisors Should Call Their Most Anxious Clients | Business Insider
- Netflix branches into films with 'Crouching Tiger... | Business Insider
- SECRET SERVICE DIRECTOR RESIGNS | Business Insider