Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Audible at the Line of Scrimmage | iBankCoin.com
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Spanish Bond Risk Rises As Catalan Referendum "Dialog" Heats Up | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Three Fed Cycles and Stocks and Bonds | Financial Sense
- Scotland Says "No" - Pound Remains Vulnerable To Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
- The Origins and Implications of the Scottish Referendum | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Alibaba Would Be The 12th Biggest Company In The S&P 500 | Business Insider
- Obama's Two Previous Defense Secretaries Are Criticizing His ISIS Policy | Business Insider
- Why One Of The NBA's Best Free Agents Still Hasn't Signed With A... | Business Insider
- NFL to draft new personal conduct policy: commissioner | Business Insider
- What Is The Most Powerful Thing In The Universe? | Business Insider
- NATO warns on Ukraine truce as fighters set to pull back | Business Insider
- Drunken hunter fights off Australian croc with an eye-... | Business Insider