Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Chink of Light into London’s Gold Vaults | ZeroHedge
- 'Rogue' Border Agents Resist Trump Orders, Continue Obama's 'Catch-And-Release' Policy | ZeroHedge
- McCain Responds To Trump's Tweet: "That's How Dictators Get Started" | ZeroHedge
- THE GREAT PRECIOUS METALS MARKET DISCONNECT: A Ticking Time Bomb | ZeroHedge
- Cheap Mortgages Do Not Make Real Estate Cheap | ZeroHedge
- "Bucket Economics" For Global Macro Investing | ZeroHedge
- Why Not Replace Bureaucrats with Robots? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The top 20 presidents in US history, according to historians... | Business Insider
- Here's who is going to get rich from the Snap IPO | Business Insider
- America's affordable housing crisis has reached a new... | Business Insider
- This company makes everything you need to have the perfect bar at home | Business Insider
- Washington prepares to bring North Koreans to US for talks | Business Insider
- Customers are developing new... | Business Insider
- How comedian Pete Holmes used his divorce to create HBO's next big comedy show | Business Insider