Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Which Companies Paid The Most Income Tax In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Latest Country With Negative Rates | ZeroHedge
- Dow Dumps 400 Points, Gives Up All Post-Payrolls Gains | ZeroHedge
- Ben Bernanke To Join World's Most Levered Hedge Fund: HFT Powerhouse Citadel | ZeroHedge
- Is Saudi Arabia Setting the World Up for Major Oil Price Spike? | Financial Sense
- Stocks Slammed - Dow Tumbles 350 Points Into Red Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- The Minimum Price for Gold, Part II | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jameis Winston sued over sexual assault allegation | Business Insider
- Iraq's Prime Minister doesn... | Business Insider
- The hero for the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 1 has played for 10 different teams in 5... | Business Insider
- Bloomberg says terminals hit by global breakdown | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Muscle memory has nothing to do with muscles — here's how it works | Business Insider
- How to get the new 'Star Wars' emojis | Business Insider