Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greenspan: "This Is The Worst Period I Recall; There's Nothing Like It" | ZeroHedge
- A Legendary Day in the Making | ZeroHedge
- UK Polls Close As Nigel Farage Says That "Remain Will Edge It"; Sterling Soars | ZeroHedge
- Donald Trump’s Entire Financial History In One Short Video | ZeroHedge
- The Real Brexit "Catastrophe": World's 400 Richest People Lose $127 Billion | ZeroHedge
- What the leave vote means for gold going forward | ZeroHedge
- "Brexit Is A Bear Stearns Moment, Not A Lehman Moment" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I asked 7 top psychologists to tell me what blows their mind —... | Business Insider
- Reddit wants to change the image hosting game | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton's State Department calendar is missing lots... | Business Insider
- 5 ways to prevent work from ruining your vacation | Business Insider
- 75 years ago, the greatest thinker in British history pinpointed the characteristic that just... | Business Insider
- Britain's most celebrated statesman was a huge party monster and racked up an absurd... | Business Insider
- To the early Google employee who invested $250 million in Uber, seeing Uber'... | Business Insider