Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet for Dealing With Haters | Altucher Confidential
- Guest Post: Understanding Why It Feels Different This Time | ZeroHedge
- Fukushima Radiation To Reach West Coast Next Month | ZeroHedge
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
- The Five Elements to Understanding the Truth About Everything | ZeroHedge
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- 50% Profit Growth and Historical Realities | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Vice Reporter In Crimea Challenges Russian Soldiers: 'Are You Going To Shoot Me?' | Business Insider
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- A College Student Has Figured Out How To Grow Food Using Your Old... | Business Insider
- Charts Like This Bring Back Bad Memories For Me | Business Insider
- Obama Advisor: US Won't Recognize Crimea Annexation | Business Insider
- This Might Be The First Sign Of Debris From... | Business Insider
- Conservatives' Darling Just Told Them To Vote For Republicans They Don't Necessarily... | Business Insider