Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Trump Continues To Lead In The Polls | ZeroHedge
- Explaining The Stock Market Rebound In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- Market Attention on FOMC Minutes (and Other Things) | Financial Sense
- USDJPY Explodes 500 Pips From Monday Lows | ZeroHedge
- Reflections on the Past Three Days and the Fed’s Policy Problem | Financial Sense
- US Stays Solid Amid Global Quakes | Financial Sense
- Silver Is Soaring | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google says EU anti-trust accusations 'wrong' | Business Insider
- Radar detects object believed to be missing Nazi gold... | Business Insider
- White supremacist takes stand in Jewish site shootings | Business Insider
- Young hopefuls in race to be first black African in space... | Business Insider
- A hedge fund advised by Nassim Taleb made $1 billion this week | Business Insider
- USDA to approve Simplot's genetically engineered potato... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek