Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
- It's Official: Avago Buys Broadcom In $37 Billion Deal, Thousands In Employee Layoff "Synergies" Imminent | ZeroHedge
- How “Add & Reduce” Trade Management Can Yield Profits with Lowered Risk | FundMyMutualFund
- Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Paul Singer Reveals The "Bigger Short" | ZeroHedge
- Democracy Or Oligarchy - You Decide | ZeroHedge
- Crony Capitalism At Work - Boeing Threatens To Leave US If Ex-Im Subsidy Yanked | ZeroHedge
- If Everything is Great… Why Are Sovereigns and Clearinghouses Preparing For Systemic Risk? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Central Asia's capital cities have been building some of the most amazing and... | Business Insider
- For the first time, IBM offers to buy employees a Mac and will become one of... | Business Insider
- Hundreds of thousands of teenagers spent the weekend on Instagram and Vine... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Football's top sponsors pressure FIFA to clean up | Business Insider
- Oil storage is so expensive it could derail the oil recovery (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE, BNO) | Business Insider
- World Cup sponsor Visa threatens FIFA: If you fail to make changes 'we will reassess our... | Business Insider