Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Fed Is Leading Us To Economic Hell" Mauldin Warns "Only A Public Outcry Can Stop It" | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Rumor Causing The Spike In Deutsche Bank Shares | ZeroHedge
- Turkish-Born Cascade Mall Shooter Facing Voter Fraud Charge As WA Law Prohibits "Verifying Citizenship" | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Fed Bounces But Employment Slips | ZeroHedge
- Real Estate Bubbles: Vancouver, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Munich, and Hong Kong Top List | Financial Sense
- Has Saudi Arabia Pushed OPEC Too Far? | Financial Sense
- Wells Fargo To Be Sanctioned By DOJ For Improperly Seizing Soldiers' Cars | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Trump presidency holds a terrifying risk for restaurants and... | Business Insider
- Japan just released a raft of data and most of it was really weak | Business Insider
- These are the new New York City restaurants Wall Street should check out this fall | Business Insider
- The FCC will upgrade wireless alerts after the manhunt for Ahmad Rahami... | Business Insider
- The master key to understanding the IoT... | Business Insider
- I graduated from Harvard and MIT — here's the single best tip I can... | Business Insider
- In unprecedented move, USA Today says don't vote for Trump — but it doesn't endorse... | Business Insider