Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Don't Show The "Deflation Isn't Going To Happen" ECB Germany's Declining October Prices | ZeroHedge
- As Tim Cook "Comes Out", These Nations Still View Homosexuality As "Morally Unacceptable" | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Fed Launches First Currency War Salvo, Tells ECB Not To Push Too Far | ZeroHedge
- THE TIM COOK BOTTOM OR TOP? | iBankCoin.com
- Broken Stocks, Battered Bullion, & Bruised Crude | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Philippines' rare dwarf buffalo charges against... | Business Insider
- We Finally Know What HP's New Designer Smartwatch Will Look Like | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Take A Peek Inside The 'Most Haunted House In The Midwest,' If You Dare | Business Insider
- This Site Wants To Provide Expert Investing Insight Without The Price Tag | Business Insider
- Panera Bread Is Making 4 Changes To Restaurants To Get You To... | Business Insider
- How An Oil Engineer Discovered Auto-Tune And Changed The Music Industry Forever | Business Insider