Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "A Generation That Has Never Been Told 'No'" Daniel Hannan Destroys Anti-Trump Protestors' Safe Spaces | ZeroHedge
- Clinton & Trump Aides Forum Devolves Into Screaming Match - "I Would Rather Lose Than Win The Way You Did" | ZeroHedge
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
- BRICS Caught Between India and China | Financial Sense
- Twitter Threatens Trump Ban Over "Harassment And Hateful Conduct" | ZeroHedge
- Is The Industrial Metals Surge A Sign Of Growth In Economy, Market? | ZeroHedge
- Taper Tantrum 2.0: German Bunds Tumble On Report ECB Is Preparing To Taper Bond Purchases | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 4 major cities just announced plans to ban all diesel vehicles | Business Insider
- Here's the real cost of the '12 Days of Christmas' | Business Insider
- The Fed confirmed some of the most troubling trends in... | Business Insider
- Trump thanks supporters, revives fiery campaign rhetoric in Ohio victory rally | Business Insider
- Here are the things we can't get enough of this week | Business Insider
- We got to see how IBM's Watson supercomputer could help diagnose a... | Business Insider
- Healthcare spending in the US just did something that rarely happens... | Business Insider