Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Top Scientist Warns This Version Of Ebola Looks Like "A Very Different Bug" | ZeroHedge
- Houston, We Have A "Fracking" Problem | ZeroHedge
- A Closer Look Why Futures Bounced 30 Points Off The Lows On Today's ECB BTFD Bailout | ZeroHedge
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- Doctors "Hit Breaking-Point" As Ebola Death Toll Tops 4500; Nigeria 'Clear' But Harvard Issues Travel Ban | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Letting Academics Run the Economy | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- US cautiously optimistic after no new Ebola in 5 days | Business Insider
- Peyton Manning's Touchdown Record Is Absurd Even In This Pass-Happy Era | Business Insider
- Here Are The 4 Key Strategies We Need To Stop Ebola | Business Insider
- Early 'Interstellar' Reactions Are Hailing It As The Must-See Event Of The Fall | Business Insider
- How To Watch This Week's Incredible Solar Eclipse | Business Insider
- This Is Where Bugatti Built The World's Fastest Cars | Business Insider