Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GARGANTUAN STYLED RALLY IS COMING | iBankCoin.com
- Bob Janjuah Asks "Is A Flash Crash Imminent?" | ZeroHedge
- Service PMI Drops To Lowest Level Since January: Job Creation Slows, Input Cost Inflation Surges | ZeroHedge
- Japan’s Yen Has Only Begun to Fall | Financial Sense
- Trillion-Dollar Asset Managers Warn On Greece Fallout: "No Blueprint" Means "All Kinds Of Uncertainty" | ZeroHedge
- Greece’s New Money: Many, Not One? | Financial Sense
- All The Latest Greek Headlines | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Greece has at least one ally in the 2016 presidential field | Business Insider
- Google-owned mapping company Waze is launching a ride-sharing app in Israel... | Business Insider
- The coolest science guys on YouTube predict the next big discoveries —... | Business Insider
- The Seattle Mariners' $240 million free agent... | Business Insider
- The Empire State Building was flashing colors last night to... | Business Insider
- Ecommerce is finally disrupting the $300 billion health and... | Business Insider