Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman's Special Purpose Tentacle Revealed In Europe's Latest Bank Failure | ZeroHedge
- Leverage, Derivatives, And The Heresy Of Opposing The 'Status Quo Institutions' | ZeroHedge
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- British Pound Volatility Surges Most Since 2008 As Scottish Referendum "Yes" Vote Looms | ZeroHedge
- Metals: Start of a New Trend? | Financial Sense
- Angelo Mozilo Responds To Charges:: “No, No, No, We Didn’t Do Anything Wrong” | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Refrains From Deepening Stimulus | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 Disturbing Revelations From The New Book About Fraternity... | Business Insider
- What The Tennis Legends Of The Past Look Like Today | Business Insider
- Google Is Deliberately Showing You Lousy Old Versions Of... | Business Insider
- Rick Perry's Account Deleted An Incendiary Tweet Mocking The DA At The... | Business Insider
- Microsoft Just Accidentally Revealed The Next Version Of Windows Is Coming Soon (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- An NFL Player Got A Tattoo On His Face To Keep Himself From Ever Getting A Normal Job | Business Insider