Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Are Two Nations... Maybe More!" | ZeroHedge
- Russian Warplanes Fly First Joint Mission With US-Coalition Aircraft Kremlin Says, Pentagon Denies | ZeroHedge
- US Banks: Higher Rates Vs. Weaker Loan Growth | Financial Sense
- Negative Trump Coverage Is Long-Term Threat to His Presidency | ZeroHedge
- A Trade War Is in No One's Interest | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: January 23 | ZeroHedge
- Fakewood EXPOSED: Where Fake News began | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to decide where you should retire | Business Insider
- Senate on track to confirm Mike Pompeo, Trump's... | Business Insider
- Tesla just began rolling out its new and improved Autopilot — here's... | Business Insider
- The world's most expensive Big Mac is currently in Switzerland | Business Insider
- Science says parents of unsuccessful kids could have these 6 things in... | Business Insider
- 'SNL' writer suspended after tweeting a controversial joke about... | Business Insider
- Like everything else at college, campus dining halls have become... | Business Insider