Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Bloodbath Sinks Stocks As Dollar Spikes To 9-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Campaign Chair Had Dinner With Top DOJ Official One Day After Hillary's Benghazi Hearing | ZeroHedge
- The Undercurrent of Currency Issues | Financial Sense
- "The Fed Failed..." And That Changes Everything | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Throws In The Towel On Hyperinflation: Will Print 200x Higher-Denominated Bills | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Stall As Oil Retraces Inventory Spike, Tumbles To $48 Handle | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Late In The Game": David Rosenberg On The Market's Flashing Red Signs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro is vowing to crush a... | Business Insider
- Why Pixar shouldn't make another 'Toy Story' movie | Business Insider
- There's a threat of snow in New York on Thursday | Business Insider
- MasterCard has entered the car (MA) | Business Insider
- Magic Leap could be gearing up for a 2017 launch | Business Insider
- China announced military drills in the South China Sea days after a US Navy... | Business Insider
- Here’s your first look at the ‘... | Business Insider