Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Dreadful Kagan Clan - Hillary's Warmongers-In-Waiting | ZeroHedge
- Guess What Occupation Is Most Frequently Cited In The Panama Papers? | ZeroHedge
- Can Someone Find Me A Borrow For This Crazy Investment, Please? | ZeroHedge
- Delinquency Rates Surge in 2016, Poised to Head Higher | Financial Sense
- Here’s How The U.S. Government Treats Whistleblowers | ZeroHedge
- "Everything Is Plunging" - China Commodity Carnage Continues | ZeroHedge
- Introducing The Gotthard Train Tunnel, The World's Longest & Deepest Train Tunnel | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millennials want the reward without the risk | Business Insider
- The 15 best countries to launch your career | Business Insider
- A sleep scientist shares 11 easy ways to get a restful night's sleep | Business Insider
- A staunch anti-Westerner has been elected as the head of Iran... | Business Insider
- Every helicopter and plane aboard a US aircraft carrier explained | Business Insider
- KFC is getting killed by a restaurant half its size — and now it's making huge... | Business Insider
- The 'black swan event' that could send oil to $25 a barrel | Business Insider