Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q4 Earnings Shaping Up Weakly | Financial Sense
- Obama Has Sentenced Whistleblowers to 25 Times the Jail Time of All Prior U.S. Presidents COMBINED | ZeroHedge
- Larry Summers Warns on Fed Rate Hikes | Financial Sense
- The Visual Story Of The Biggest Fraud In Gold Mining History | ZeroHedge
- Russia May Be Forced Into Production Cuts Says Deputy PM | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: The ABC's Of The ECB's QE | ZeroHedge
- Pro-Separatist Rebels Launch Offensive On Ukraine City Of Mariupol, Where At Least 21 Die After Intense Shelling | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Control Your Home Theater Equipment From Your iOS & Android Devices [34% Off + Free Shipping... | Business Insider
- Madison Keys dumps out fourth seed Kvitova in Melbourne | Business Insider
- Saudi buries King Abdullah, Salman takes throne | Business Insider
- Cristiano Ronaldo Was Ejected For Slapping An Opposing Player | Business Insider
- REDEMPTION! This 29-Year-Old Is Worth Over $94 Million After (Finally) Taking His... | Business Insider
- 11 Things Every Professional Woman Should Keep At Her Desk | Business Insider
- Crucial New Career Advice From LinkedIn's Billionaire Founder Reid Hoffman... | Business Insider