Once again cue the VXX
Its that time yet again -- the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures TM ETN (VXX) just hit a fresh new 52-week low. You know the drill, its time to buy some VXX as a protection should fear and panic enter into the market (again).
We point this out every time it happens (click to review) and we stand by our recommendation of buying some VXX to hedge your portfolio. Of course the rally could keep going and volatility can continue to fall. However we are approaching the bottom of the VXX and its a big warning sign for traders and the Powers-that-be that control the market.
Fellow Masters we haven't seen volatility this low since 2011. That is when price changes were 1.3% between April and the end of December, twice the five-decade average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Daily swings reached 4% in December 2008, data using 50-day moving averages compiled by Bloomberg show.
MASTERY Bottom line:
A bottom in the VXX can't be overlooked.
Let's pray it stays at this level for a while but when can you ever count on the market for stability.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Something "Unexpected" Happened When Seattle Raised The Minimum Wage | ZeroHedge
- Facing Reality | ZeroHedge
- TRoLL MaGaZiNe | ZeroHedge
- France: The Religious War Few Wish To Face | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Soar Most Since 2007 Driven By Southern Sales Surge | ZeroHedge
- Here Are The "21 Charts That Keep The Bulls Up At Night" According To BofA | ZeroHedge
- Media Worried Too Many Americans Will Question Legitimacy Of 2016 Election, Blame Trump | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Everything you need to know about HBO's next big show — 'Westworld' | Business Insider
- Wall Street startup Direct Match: 'We will not be able to execute on... | Business Insider
- Celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse reveals the most memorable thing he ever ate while... | Business Insider
- More than half the non-government... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- A man who's been traveling for 10 years says this is the... | Business Insider
- Here's one trick for tackling any stressful... | Business Insider