One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What The Chinese Really Think Of The Shanghai Smog | ZeroHedge
- Overweight S&P Materials | Financial Sense
- Taper Or No Taper - What The FOMC Has Really Said | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Q&A On Stanley Fischer As The Next Fed Vice Chairman | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The Case For A Crash | ZeroHedge
- Italy's "Pitchfork Movement" Mapped | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap December 11, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Thank You, Congress! | Business Insider
- This Map Of Al Qaeda In Iraq Is Terrifying | Business Insider
- Twitter Guts Its Block Feature: 'Block' No Longer Stops People From Seeing... | Business Insider
- U.S. Veterans Affairs Lobotomized WWII Vets Suffering From... | Business Insider
- REPORT: Nigeria Is Missing $50 Billion In Oil Money | Business Insider
- GM Bailout: Was it Worth $11 Billion? 12147880 | TheStreet.com