One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Gains Ebbing, But We’re Going Higher From Here | iBankCoin.com
- 10 Examples Of The Social Decay That Is Eating Away At America Like Cancer | ZeroHedge
- Futures Soar On Surprise Chinese Rate Cut | ZeroHedge
- What Record Stock Buybacks Say About Economic Growth | ZeroHedge
- Gold Repatriation Stunner: Dutch Central Bank Secretly Withdrew 122 Tons Of Gold From The New York Fed | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Sees Record Foreign Inflows As Economic Indicators Reach Decade Highs | Financial Sense
- RBS Shares Tumble After Admitting Stress Test "Error" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama extends US combat role in Afghanistan: report | Business Insider
- 'Anti-Barbie' doll goes on sale on US | Business Insider
- Why 'Arrogant Jerks' Become Rich And Successful In Silicon Valley... | Business Insider
- Here's How Likely Each Poker Hand Is | Business Insider
- Tunisians elect president for first time | Business Insider
- New Kerry, Zarif meeting in Iran nuclear talks: US | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek