One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The $100 Trillion Bond Bubble Just Burst | ZeroHedge
- Greece, China, & Russia – A Plan B For Tsipras | ZeroHedge
- Nomi Prins: In A World Of Artificial Liquidity – Cash Is King | ZeroHedge
- MaRaTHoN MeNSCH-auBLe | ZeroHedge
- Have the Saudis Miscalculated the Impact of Lower Crude Prices on US Production? | Financial Sense
- A Look at Greek Contagion Risk | Financial Sense
- Earnings Preview - Second Quarter 2015 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Batman wasn't originally supposed to be in the 'Batman v... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- A tiny 25-year-old Colombian rider with a freakish VO2 max... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 9 photos show the chaos in Greece right now | Business Insider
- Federer, Murray target Wimbledon last 16 | Business Insider
- If you've recently done one of these 3 things, you're at a higher risk for... | Business Insider