One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bueller, Bueller | Financial Sense
- "Dawn Of Libya" Islamist Militia Group Seizes US Embassy In Tripoli, Holds Pool Party | ZeroHedge
- French President Says "There Is Risk Of War" As Europe Plans Additional Russia Sanctions | ZeroHedge
- SKiLLeD LaBoR... | ZeroHedge
- Corporations Join Droves Renouncing US Citizenship | ZeroHedge
- Employers Aren’t Just Whining: The “Skills Gap” Is Real | Financial Sense
- Past Fear, Present Fear | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's Not Enough Sand To Satisfy America's Insatiable Fracking... | Business Insider
- What The Tennis Legends Of The Past Look Like Today | Business Insider
- Here Are Goldman Sachs' And Merrill Lynch's Preview For The Jobs Report | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Anacona takes 9th stage, Quintana leads Vuelta | Business Insider
- 9 Authentic Mexican Dishes You Should Eat Instead Of The Tex-Mex Knockoffs | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek