One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Could a Geometric Shape Save the Bulls? | Financial Sense
- Marxist Group Takes Turkish Prosecutor Hostage, Posts Pictures | ZeroHedge
- A Shocking Admission: "The Federal Reserve Is A Criminal Conspiracy" | ZeroHedge
- Dow Futures Down 400 From Monday Highs After Asian Open Flash-Crash | ZeroHedge
- 2015 Or 1987? Computerized Trading & "A Crash Is Coming" Or Rates Mean "Bull's Not Over" | ZeroHedge
- Weather Constrained Retail: Focus on Outdoor Dining | Financial Sense
- God I Hate This Market | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why GM CEO Mary Barra will end an important meeting to go to her daughter's... | Business Insider
- Greece's urgent talks are stalled without a deal, and the cash is running out | Business Insider
- Play Pac-Man in Google Maps with this secret April Fool... | Business Insider
- Huge miss on private payrolls | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Market Wrap: Markets... | StreetInsider.com
- This is what the Earth would look like if all the ice melted | Business Insider