One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece should Ice the Troika! | ZeroHedge
- How Much More GDP "Growth" Will Be Due To Obamacare? | ZeroHedge
- Lies And Deception In Ukraine’s Energy Sector | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Extend Losses - Biggest Drop Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- No Consensus on Rate Environment, Alibaba Misses | ZeroHedge
- Economic Cycles: Is the Expansion Over? | Financial Sense
- U.S. Shale Boom May Come to Abrupt End | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists Say This One Behavior Is The 'Kiss Of Death'... | Business Insider
- 9 Amazing Facts About The Philippines | Business Insider
- Ghana and Algeria keep title dream alive | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Doug Baldwin Nearly Quit Football Because Of Jim Harbaugh 5 Years Ago... | Business Insider
- ISIS May Have Just Given... | Business Insider
- AirAsia co-pilot at controls when plane crashed | Business Insider