One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ConocoPhillips Fires 10% Of Global Workforce, Warns Of "Dramatic Downturn" To Oil Industry | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Nervous As Alternative Currency With David Bowie's Face Goes Viral | ZeroHedge
- Don't Overplay the Bounce | Financial Sense
- Global Trade In Freefall: South Korea Exports Crash Most Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Are Jumping On Heavy Volume | ZeroHedge
- When the Story Breaks | Financial Sense
- The Letter That Stock Exchanges Should Write To Investors | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Climate negotiators 'frustrated' over snail's pace | Business Insider
- Police: Man huffed keyboard spray after crash as cop... | Business Insider
- One of Apple's biggest smartphone competitors is reportedly planning to release a laptop to... | Business Insider
- From above Arctic circle, Obama presses for climate... | Business Insider
- Australian police won't charge Mel Gibson over tirade... | Business Insider
- Obama locking up votes in Senate for Iran nuclear deal | Business Insider
- The Latest: No marriage licenses at Kentucky clerk's... | Business Insider