One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is This Sleeping Dragon Ready To Awaken? | ZeroHedge
- The Dying Middle-Class | ZeroHedge
- "When Hillary Gets Scared, She Plays The Russia Card" | ZeroHedge
- Bond Market Knows What Fed Should Do | Financial Sense
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
- All This Market Calm Feels Like Mayhem | ZeroHedge
- "The Donald Nailed It" Stockman Screams "We Are In A Big Fat Ugly Bubble" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nike beat on earnings, but an important measure of future sales whiffed (NKE... | Business Insider
- Two brothers are driving 25,000 miles to attend 50 college... | Business Insider
- An elegant alternative to awkward... | Business Insider
- Real estate prices across the Commonwealth are soaring | Business Insider
- 10 office rules that make the best employees quit | Business Insider
- The world's first ‘three-person baby’ of the 21st century has been born | Business Insider
- The Porsche 911 has convinced me that it's the... | Business Insider