One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- TIPS=TOP | ZeroHedge
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Is Peak Oil to Blame for Riots in Syria? | Financial Sense
- Silver Plunges As Yen Stop Surge Triggers Margin Liquidation | ZeroHedge
- Steve Cohen's SAC May Face Criminal Charges | ZeroHedge
- Japan's Nikkei 225 Overtakes Dow For First Time In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- Adding Insult To Injury, South African Gold Mining Union Demands Up To 60% Wage Hikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Marissa Mayer Just Bought A Ton Of Porn Blogs, But It's Not A Problem (YHOO... | Business Insider
- Top Silicon Valley Advisor Explains The Key Rules Behind Every Great Startup Idea | Business Insider
- Steve Cohen Gets Subpoena To Testify Before A Grand Jury | Business Insider
- Kuwait Is Deporting People For Minor Traffic Violations | Business Insider
- Silver Has Now Had An Insane Day, And Is Actually Higher After Plunging 9% | Business Insider
- Here's The GIF Marissa Mayer Used To Announce The... | Business Insider
- Republicans Are Ripping The White House's Dan Pfeiffer For Saying The Legality... | Business Insider