One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Venezuela: Mired in Crisis, With No Clear Path Ahead | Financial Sense
- Futures Spike After Banks Unveil Tens Of Billions In Buybacks | ZeroHedge
- Explaining Social Anger, Brexit, Donald Trump In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- How To 'Win' 91% Of The Time When Trading Oil | ZeroHedge
- Silver Market Set To Break Out Above 20 Dollars (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Jun 29, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- 71% of Americans Think the Economy is “Rigged” … They’re RIGHT | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 50 best barbecue joints in America, ranked | Business Insider
- The best iPhone notes app has been hiding under your nose | Business Insider
- Nielsen shines a light on Netflix viewership (NFLX, AMZN) | Business Insider
- Here's how to get rid of your old electronics responsibly — without... | Business Insider
- This bracelet is like a subwoofer for your body | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to train as an Olympic swimmer in Palestine | Business Insider
- Manufacturing expanded faster than expected in June | Business Insider