One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Greek Default Fears Return, Government Considers "Borrowing" Pensions To Repay IMF | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Futures Decline; Treasurys Weak On Actavis Mega-Deal, Dollar At 12 Year High | ZeroHedge
- This Is What The Entire World Frontrunning The ECB Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- BoJ Is Losing Control As Demand Wanes For JGBs | ZeroHedge
- Netanyahu's "Don't Deal With Iran" Speech To Congress - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Gold Demand in Greece, Italy, Spain, Russia, Germany, UK and U.S. | ZeroHedge
- A Complete Preview Of Q€ — And Why It Will Fail | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- West vow 'strong' response if major Ukraine... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Syracuse lacrosse team fooled Virginia's defense with an awesome hidden ball... | Business Insider
- Google X exec jumps to Oculus — here's the... | Business Insider
- You'll never guess what Neil deGrasse Tyson's favorite... | Business Insider
- Pebble made an exact replica of the gold Apple Watch | Business Insider