One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- TTIP - American Economic Imperialism Exposed | ZeroHedge
- Surprise! Baltic Dry Index Plunges Most Since November As Commodity Bubble Bursts | ZeroHedge
- Notorious Hacker Makes 'Bombshell' Claim: "I Got Inside Hillary's Completely Unsecured Server" | ZeroHedge
- Sell in May and Pray? | Financial Sense
- The Central Bank War On Savers - The Big Lie Beneath | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Doldrums To Continue As "Fantasy World Of Rate Normalization" Unwinds | ZeroHedge
- Stand Aside JP Morgan, A New Player In The Silver Market Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Women who get cheated on are better off in the long run, a new study revealed | Business Insider
- One of the hottest teen brands from a decade ago just filed for bankruptcy... | Business Insider
- The billionaire founder of Sam Adams flies coach on principle, and... | Business Insider
- McDonald's is testing a big shake-up to its fries (MCD) | Business Insider
- Germany is about to legalize marijuana | Business Insider
- The services sector grew better than expected in April | Business Insider
- No guy should ever wear cargo shorts — here’s what you should own instead | Business Insider