One Week Left to Live
Time to hurry through the bucket list. Thousands of poor souls are getting ready for what they believe is the end of the world next Friday, Dec 21st, 2012.
Friday, December 21, 2012 is the day that many believe a 5,125-year cycle known as the Long Count in the Mayan calendar supposedly comes to an end and will result in the end of the world. However don't fear, NASA thinks otherwise:
Via NASA.COM - Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.
Theme song for the next week:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Oct 7, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Futures Slump On Lack Of Chinese Euphoria Despite More Terrible Economic Data | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits "Changes In Asset Prices", "Decline In Equity Prices" Influenced Rate Decision | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Long-Term Trends in Employment by Age Group | Financial Sense
- Recovery? Student Homelessness Has Doubled Since Before The Recession | ZeroHedge
- 274 Days, 294 Mass Shootings - Welcome To America | ZeroHedge
- Oct 7 - IMF Warns On Worst Global Growth Since Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Platini calls reports of a 90-day suspension 'insidious... | Business Insider
- One-fingered Japanese climber fails to summit Everest | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Bill Gates is now offering his foundation employees a full year of... | Business Insider
- Volkswagen Korea apologizes, considers recall | Business Insider
- We got a hands-on look at the Surface Book — Microsoft’s first-ever laptop everyone’s... | Business Insider