Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Delinquency Rates Surge in 2016, Poised to Head Higher | Financial Sense
- The Ebb and Flow of Inventories | Financial Sense
- Least Transparent Ever - The Truth About Obama's Liberal Potemkin Village | ZeroHedge
- "We’re Moving To Tackle Systemic Risk" - India Cracks Down On HFT Scourge | ZeroHedge
- Austria Launches Probe Into Alleged Presidential Election Postal Vote Fraud | ZeroHedge
- Five Years Later, TEPCO Still Can't Locate 600 Tons Of Melted Radioactive Fuel | ZeroHedge
- The Consequences Of $50 Oil | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Neanderthals built something deep inside a cave that scientists can't yet... | Business Insider
- Apple's plan to dominate apps is wildly successful even though it... | Business Insider
- A Mississippi man has been stuck in jail for 11 years because of... | Business Insider
- This ridiculously simple product makes tangled earbuds a thing... | Business Insider
- Russia launched a missile that can destroy satellites in orbit | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John says 3 things set billionaires... | Business Insider
- TRUMP: It would be 'inappropriate' to debate Bernie right now | Business Insider