Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- India Assets Slide After Modi Launches "Surgical Strikes" In Kashmir, Killing Two Pakistani Soldiers | ZeroHedge
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- Don't Blame "Baby Boomers" For Not Retiring - They Can't Afford To! | ZeroHedge
- You Want to Fix the Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | Financial Sense
- Why Perry Capital Shut Down: The Full Letter | ZeroHedge
- White House Enraged At "Most Embarrassing Vote Ever" Senate Veto Override | ZeroHedge
- Futures Fail To Rebound As Deutsche Bank Tries To Comfort Markets That It Is "Fine" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A timeless 6-step guide to getting rich, according to a 79-year-old personal finance... | Business Insider
- 29 gorgeous shots of the best-looking car game ever made | Business Insider
- This PlayStation VR game from the creator of 'Tomb Raider' looks... | Business Insider
- Here’s why you should never put Q-Tips in your ears | Business Insider
- Russia says that the latest US statement on Syria is 'de facto support... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank isn't the only one in trouble — Germany... | Business Insider
- A former FBI hostage... | Business Insider