Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Veteran EM Fund Manager Warns "The Youngsters Are About To Be Schooled" | ZeroHedge
- HUGELY BULLISH ON THIS | iBankCoin.com
- Crude Contagion Spreads To Investment Grade Credit: Spreads Burst To 14-Month Wides | ZeroHedge
- IMF Now Ready To Slam The Door On The U.S. And The Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Today's Equity Market Set 2 Stunning Records | ZeroHedge
- China Prepares To Bailout Russia | ZeroHedge
- What Tight Lending Conditions: Underwriting Standards Mirror Those Before Subprime Crash, OCC Finds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Hindu Monk Says Wealth Is A Good Thing — Unless You Make This One Mistake | Business Insider
- Russia: We Have The Right To Put Nuclear Weapons In Crimea | Business Insider
- US cinemas cancel film parody of N.Korea leader after... | Business Insider
- Airbnb Meets Uber For Partying: Zoola Fix Wants... | Business Insider
- The Army Is Launching A Pair Of Billion-Dollar Surveillance Blimps... | Business Insider
- Old Images Of Greenland Show Stunning Changes When Compared To Today | Business Insider
- After... | StreetInsider.com