Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Watching Here | iBankCoin.com
- Pipeline to Turkey Intensifies Dispute Over Iraqi Oil | Financial Sense
- Two Charts Which Will Set Off Some Light Bulbs | iBankCoin.com
- Money Managers Aren’t Paid to Forecast; They’re Paid to Adapt | Financial Sense
- Can The United States Rule The (Energy) World? | ZeroHedge
- A Matter of Public Recourd | iBankCoin.com
- Barack Obama's List Of "20 Things Kids Need To Know" About Using Money | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dear BlackBerry Shorts: You Have Been Warned (Twice) | TheStreet.com
- In The Middle Of China's Biggest Ghost City, There Is A Monument To... | Business Insider
- MIKE HUCKABEE: 'The Only Time Vladimir Putin Shivers Is When... | Business Insider
- The 27 Coolest Cars At The Geneva Motor Show | Business Insider
- Here Are The 17 Tech People You Need To Follow On Instagram | Business Insider
- Here's Why You Should Always File Your Taxes, Even If You Made... | Business Insider
- 22 Photos Of Barack Obama Pigging Out | Business Insider