Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Stocks Rise; US Traders Gives Thanks For Higher Equity Futures | ZeroHedge
- 2015: The Year Of The American Identity Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Winning, but Losing, at the Penny-Pitch: A Look at the Coming Collapse of the European Union | ZeroHedge
- Busted: Hillary Caught Coordinating With CNN To Smear Rand Paul | ZeroHedge
- US Real Estate: The Lay of the Land | Financial Sense
- US Foreign Policy Explained (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Here Comes "QE For Metals" - China's Desperate Commodity Sector Demands A State Bailout | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- No. 3 Michigan State routs Boston College 99-68 | Business Insider
- Thousands rally for climate action ahead of UN summit | Business Insider
- This guy combined photos of celebrities to create portraits of flawless... | Business Insider
- Wall Street's smartest say these are the most important charts in the world (DIA... | Business Insider
- No. 5 Kansas beats No. 19 Vanderbilt 70-63 for Maui title | Business Insider
- Polish cargo ship attacked off Nigeria; 5 abducted | Business Insider