Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- Retail Sales Beat Expectations, Control Group Rises Most Since May Delaying "Fed Relent" | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Bull Struggles & NIRP | ZeroHedge
- "Distressed" Bonds Accelerating At "Alarming Pace", Markit Warns | ZeroHedge
- The War on Cash is About to Go into Hyperdrive | ZeroHedge
- Despite Huge Tail And Sliding Bid To Cover, 30Y Treasury Prices At Lowest Yield Since January 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Jose Canseco Says "Everyone Should Be In Gold", Predicts $1,500 By Memorial Day | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Who you're most likely to marry based on your job | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The owner of the Independent and Independent on Sunday confirms end of print... | Business Insider
- A Dartmouth professor says this is the No. 1... | Business Insider
- Men's Wearhouse founder releases study saying women are more... | Business Insider
- ‘Destiny 2’ is coming next year | Business Insider