Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- 'Philanthropist' George Soros Set To Make A Killing From Europe's 'Forced Migration' | ZeroHedge
- US 'Relocated' ISIS Terrorists Out Of Iraq, Into Syria To Fight Assad | ZeroHedge
- Half Of American Adults Exist In A Government Accessible Facial Recognition Network | ZeroHedge
- China Moves Forward With Its De-Dollarization Strategy | ZeroHedge
- "Prepare For More Volatility As Yield 'Hunger Games' Comes To An End" | ZeroHedge
- Futures Drop As ECB Confusion Persists, Dollar Rises To Seven Month High; Yuan Plunges | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Working on the weekend doesn't make you a workaholic — but it could make you less stressed | Business Insider
- Mark Cuban’s first impressions of Trump 17 years ago provide a window into how he... | Business Insider
- A nutrition expert reveals the best way to eat to lose body fat | Business Insider
- This beautiful coffee table has raised over $1.7... | Business Insider
- Bombardier is cutting 7,500 jobs through 2018 | Business Insider
- Inside the new cocktail lounge from the team behind the 'best bar in the world' | Business Insider