Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Our Top 10 Must-Listen Broadcasts for 2015 | Financial Sense
- Saudi Arabia Imposes Naval Blockade On Red Sea Strait, Deploys 150,000 Troops As Iran Condemns Military Action | ZeroHedge
- Another Oligarch Preaches To The Peasants: Charlie Munger Says "Prepare For Harder World" | ZeroHedge
- Yellen’s Tiger Riding Dilemma Keeps Interest Rates Near Zero | Financial Sense
- Oil Slides As Inventories Trump Iran-Yemen Push-Pull | ZeroHedge
- Futures Tumble As Yemen War Starts; Oil, Gold Surges | ZeroHedge
- The Tried-and-True Blueprint for Raising Taxes | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ukraine's whole banking system is falling apart | Business Insider
- A lot of people are mad that Apple bought this tiny company and shut it down (APPL) | Business Insider
- Why Emilia Clarke turned down the lead in 'Fifty Shades of... | Business Insider
- YouTube stars Dan & Phil created an over-the-top video to announce their... | Business Insider
- Angela Merkel is the biggest threat to Europe's recovery | Business Insider
- Business Insider is hiring a night news editor | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com