Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Herbalife Spikes To Record High On Bass Bullishness And Icahn's "No Sale" | ZeroHedge
- The Iranian Deal: What the Big Six Really Have to Gain | Financial Sense
- GOT THE TIGER BY ITS TAIL | iBankCoin.com
- E-Commerce With Chinese Characteristics | Financial Sense
- It's Payback Time: Foreign UK Homebuyers To Be Subject To Capital Gains Tax | ZeroHedge
- More Titanic Snobbiness | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Boston Red Sox Are Great For The Economy | Business Insider
- Recent Mexican Truck Thieves May End Up Getting Cancer | Business Insider
- Genetic Testing Startup 23andMe CEO Says Company Didn't 'Communicate... | Business Insider
- Texas School Principal Placed On Leave After Forbidding Students From... | Business Insider
- This Terrible $200 Bear Jacket Explains Urban... | Business Insider
- Why A Nigerian Bleach Company Made An Ad With President Obama Dressed As A Muslim... | Business Insider
- EU To Fine Banks $2.3 Billion For Benchmark Rigging | Business Insider