Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- New Technology Could End the Debate Over Pipeline Safety | Financial Sense
- Leverage, Derivatives, And The Heresy Of Opposing The 'Status Quo Institutions' | ZeroHedge
- Latin America: The Clouds May Be Clearing | Financial Sense
- THE 1st ANNUAL iBANKCOIN LOTTERY WINNER IS… | iBankCoin.com
- Markets Set To Surge On Global Manufacturing PMI Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Keynesian Central Banking Is An Economic Scourge: More Evidence From Japan | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why J.C. Penney's New Brooklyn Store Is Only Part of the Revival | TheStreet.com
- Parents of tumour boy held in Spain as sympathy grows | Business Insider
- Alleged Hacker Behind Massive Leak Of Nude Celebrity Photos Says It... | Business Insider
- New test fast-tracks diagnosis for malaria | Business Insider
- David Cameron Just Proposed Sweeping New Anti-Terror Laws To... | Business Insider
- Hong Kong activists in fightback after China vote... | Business Insider
- Ukraine soldiers in battle with Russian tanks in... | Business Insider