Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I AM GOING TO DIAGNOSE YOU NOW | iBankCoin.com
- The Water Wars Are Coming | ZeroHedge
- "World-Leading Economist" And Advisor To Chancellor Osborne Busted For Smoking Crack | ZeroHedge
- Crude Jumps After API Inventories Build Less Than Expected | ZeroHedge
- Netanyahu's "Don't Deal With Iran" Speech To Congress - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Stop Whining America! Economists "Show" You're The Happiest In 56 Years | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: LAPD Guns Down Homeless Man In Broad Daylight | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Facebook's most important tech project has launched its first startup | Business Insider
- Americans have changed the way they eat breakfast — and it's killing Kellogg's... | Business Insider
- South Africa thump Ireland by 201 runs at World Cup | Business Insider
- American Express is getting crushed by its competition (AXP, V, C, DFS, COST) | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- The 2 unexpected traits of all great leaders | Business Insider
- Here's your complete preview this week's big economic events | Business Insider