Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As A Reminder, This Is What Capital Controls In Cyprus Looked Like | ZeroHedge
- China Chicanery Causes Chaos | Financial Sense
- Chinese Stocks Plunge Again, "VIX" Hits Record, "Nasdaq" Down 40% From Highs | ZeroHedge
- Events Continue to Conspire Against The Fed | Financial Sense
- Citi Identifies Contagion "Trigger Point" For More ECB QE | ZeroHedge
- A Beginning but No End | Financial Sense
- DueLiNG MaRKeT PeRiLS... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- This founder used to split his time between Amazon... | Business Insider
- One of these four people will replace Yanis Varoufakis | Business Insider
- Yelp traffic could decline for the first time ever after... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 'Terminator Genisys' had a rough weekend at the box office | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 7/6: (... | StreetInsider.com