Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saturday Night at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- US F-22 Jets Intercept 6 Russian Warplanes 55 Miles Off The Alaskan Coast | ZeroHedge
- America’s Big Bet On Natural Gas And Big Short On Coal | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why China Russia & China Are Now "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Strong Dollar Undermines Precious Metals | Financial Sense
- Yahoo Is Not Having A Good Day | ZeroHedge
- Just What Sort of Stupid Market is This? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It's Not 2008 For Chinese Companies — It's Worse | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- REPORT: Baltimore Ravens Knew The Full Details Of The Ray Rice Incident Just Hours After It... | Business Insider
- iPhone 6 Teardown: What's Inside Apple's Latest Smartphone | TheStreet.com
- Here's Your First Look At What May Be Samsung's Next Metal Galaxy Phone | Business Insider
- Teen puts South Korea clear on Asiad table | Business Insider
- Trading Radar for 9/19: Natuzzi (NTZ) Reports | StreetInsider.com