Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Steven Mnuchin Roils Bond Markets With Suggestion Of 100 Year Treasury Bond | ZeroHedge
- The OPEC Deal: Here Are the Details | Financial Sense
- US Oil Rig Count Rises To 10-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- FAIL... | ZeroHedge
- "Shell-Shocked" Democrat Donors Concerned At Rudderless DNC: "I May Well Be Done With Political Giving Entirely" | ZeroHedge
- "Strike Three" | ZeroHedge
- From Bush To Trump: Culture, Economy, & War - The Pillars Of The New World Order | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IBM is continuing its blockchain push (IBM) | Business Insider
- Mexico's central bank head is resigning next year | Business Insider
- Wisconsin has started recounting... | Business Insider
- Britain could end up paying the EU for single... | Business Insider
- A bunch of Deutsche Bank clients are learning the harsh reality of an age-old... | Business Insider
- Starting January 20, Trump could text you anytime he... | Business Insider
- Trump's Carrier coup reveals credibility gap between Twitter rhetoric and... | Business Insider