Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Netflix Can Add Subscribers - But At What Cost? (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Trump May "Stop Enforcing Obamacare's Individual Mandate" | ZeroHedge
- The World Is Awash In Bullshit | ZeroHedge
- Trump Can Easily Undo Obama’s Arctic Drilling Bans | Financial Sense
- Trader Warns "Trump's First Week Could Keep Markets Busy" - What To Watch | ZeroHedge
- In Blow To Theresa May, UK Supreme Court Rules Parliament Must Vote Before Brexit Can Start | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Asks "Are Americans Racists?" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bernie Ecclestone's exit marks the end of an... | Business Insider
- McDonald's desperately needs to fix one of the most annoying things about... | Business Insider
- McDonald's customers are revolting against the death of the Dollar Menu (MCD... | Business Insider
- How World War III could begin in Latvia | Business Insider
- Tom Brady is the most successful quarterback in NFL history | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Hungary PM: The EU should seek a new deal with the US | Business Insider