Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- E-Mini Liquidity Has Crashed 40% In The Past Quarter, JPMorgan Finds | ZeroHedge
- Banks See Positive Start on Q3 Earnings | Financial Sense
- Earnings on Deck | iBankCoin.com
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Equity Futures Open Higher, Retrace 50% Of Losses On USDJPY Kneejerk | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Heavier to Start Week | Financial Sense
- Santelli & Schiff: "A Messy Exit Is A Given... Ending QE Will Plunge US Into Severe Recession" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Franco-German mini-summit to tackle growth, budget | Business Insider
- Welcome To Lanai, Oracle Billionaire Larry Ellison's $300 Million... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Microsoft Might Launch A Smartwatch In A Few Weeks (MSFT) | Business Insider
- 10 Things Every Man Should Add To His Wardrobe After College | Business Insider
- Britain threatens Internet 'trolls' with two... | Business Insider
- An American Warden Visited A... | Business Insider