Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sudden Bout Of Risk-Offness Sends European Shares Sharply Lower, US Futures Not Happy | ZeroHedge
- Is It About To Get Worse? Lakeland Hazmat Suit Orders Go Exponential, Surpass 1 Million | ZeroHedge
- As Fed Pauses Printing, Total World Debt Tops $100 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- Western Banks Find "In China, Nothing Is What It Appears To Be" | ZeroHedge
- The Similarities Between Germany and China | Financial Sense
- US Taxpayers Pay For SEC To Arrange Early Release Of Data To HFTs | ZeroHedge
- Market Breaks As Stocks Explode Higher On Algo-Triggering Headline | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- New York City Keeps The Subway Running By Fixing It Before It Breaks | Business Insider
- 13 Of The Most Popular Tech Company CEOs, According To Their Employees | Business Insider
- The American Fighting Against ISIS In Syria Is Trying To Recruit More US Military... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- CONFIRMED: Yahoo Has Poached Top Amazon Exec Lisa Utzschneider (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The Drop In Oil Prices Is A Godsend For China | Business Insider