Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
- Don't Tell Germany Draghi Is About To Monetize 90% Of Bund Issuance | ZeroHedge
- Mish’s Take: What’s Behind the Plunge in Oil? Boon to Spending or Recessionary? | Financial Sense
- This Is For You Steve Liesman... Welcome To Economics | ZeroHedge
- NYC Mayor de Blasio Slams Reporters For "Enabling" Racial Hatred | ZeroHedge
- Draghi Risks Becoming the Boy Who Cried Wolf Over QE | Financial Sense
- Russia’s Crisis Is Europe’s Crisis | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Turkey-based AFP photographer wins Time laurel | Business Insider
- Consumer Interest In The Apple Watch Has Been Steadily Declining Since... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- 3 Players Ejected In Giants-Rams Game When Brawl Breaks Out Over Late Hit | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Sony: We Haven't Caved To The Hackers... | Business Insider