Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Should We Pay Off $20 Trillion in National Debt by Selling Federal Assets? | Financial Sense
- Having Missed Friday's Move, Gartman Is Looking To "Reestablish Net Short Positions" | ZeroHedge
- Thousands Of Americans Are Fleeing The Big Cities | ZeroHedge
- Households' Equity Ownership Reaches 30% - It's Statistical Noise | Financial Sense
- Crude Inventory Build Sends Oil Prices Into a Nosedive | Financial Sense
- Massive 100 Kilogram Gold Coin Worth $4.5 Million Stolen From German Museum | ZeroHedge
- The Last Time Americans Felt This Good About Stocks, The Dot Com Bubble Burst 2 Months Later | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An increasing number of Americans have stopped paying their car loans, and Wall... | Business Insider
- The fight for a key dam in Syria could lead to 'catastrophe' for hundreds of thousands... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Trump's childhood home in New York City just sold for $2.1 million — take a... | Business Insider
- I've been perfecting résumés for 15 years — here's the best advice... | Business Insider
- Whole Foods is facing its worst nightmare after an unexpected threat stole... | Business Insider
- TOP US GENERAL: US 'probably had a role' in the Mosul strike that may... | Business Insider