Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Oscars – Gold Plated and Debased Like Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Intellectual Intolerance - Stunning Speech From Stanford University Provost Exposes "The Threat From Within" | ZeroHedge
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
- EIA Reports Minor Build in Crude Inventories, Draw in Gasoline Stocks | Financial Sense
- The Problem with Gold-Backed Currencies | Financial Sense
- Shilling: We're Already in a Trade War with China | Financial Sense
- CIA Funded Google and Facebook Shouldn't Persecute Alex Jones and NaturalNews.com | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Analysts slaps 'NEUTRAL' on Snap's stock ahead of its IPO | Business Insider
- Nearly half of Mexicans think 'El Chapo'... | Business Insider
- Here's who would lose money under Trump's proposed tax plan | Business Insider
- The new G6 is unlike any other smartphone LG has made | Business Insider
- A 'complex moment' — Mexico is looking to... | Business Insider
- China's military is approaching 'near parity' with the West | Business Insider
- Animated map shows the US... | Business Insider