Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bridgewater's Culture Of "Probing" - Sex Scandal Strikes World's Largest Hedge Fund | ZeroHedge
- The U.S. Presidential Election is a Mess - Thank Goodness! | ZeroHedge
- Policy Error? Dollar Drops, Yield Curve Flattens, Gold Surges After Hawkish-er Fed | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Throw Out the Fundamentals—Negative Rates Could Push the Dow Up to 40,000 | Financial Sense
- The Girl Child Arrives | Financial Sense
- Why Real Reform Is Impossible: We Can't Believe The Mighty Titanic Could Actually Sink | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Speech Seeks To Rescue Divisive Day At DNC; Unclear If Bernie Supporters Are "With Her" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People are spending more money than expected on dating... | Business Insider
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where all 32 teams stand going into training camp | Business Insider
- New Zealand plans to wipe out invasive species by 2050 to save its native... | Business Insider
- Bill O'Reilly blasts 'smear merchants' who... | Business Insider
- UK peer-to-peer lending volume is down for the first time | Business Insider
- Take a seat in one of the Air Force's last F-4 Phantoms | Business Insider
- There's still one major concern about Yahoo's remaining business that... | Business Insider