Revenge of the Keystone XL Pipeline
Mastery still likes TransCanada Corporation (NYSE:TRP), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), and PetroChina Company Limited (ADR) (NYSE:PTR) despite the odds as we pointed out in The Stocks of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Here's why -- Keystone XL Pipeline Seen Moving Ahead on Alternative Route
(Bloomberg.com) Jan. 19 -- TransCanada Corp.’s $7 billion Keystone XL oil pipeline still will move ahead with an alternate route after President Barack Obama’s decision to deny a permit, investors, public officials and analysts say.
Obama blamed congressional Republicans yesterday for imposing a deadline on his decision, which he said left no time to approve the project. His administration invited TransCanada to reapply, an overture the Calgary-based company promptly said it would accept.
Denying the permit pushes a final decision on the pipeline into 2013, safely past this year’s presidential election. John Stephenson, who helps manage $2.7 billion for First Asset Management Inc. in Toronto, said he bought 350,000 shares yesterday as TransCanada fell the most in 18 months. Continue..
MASTERY Bottom line:
Big oil always wins. We aren't going to fight it, rather join in with their profits.
Its time to consider picking up shares of TransCanada (TRP), Exxon Mobil (XOM), and PetroChina (PTR).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ten Things I Learned From Tony Hawk | Altucher Confidential
- Warning: Hawkishness Ahead | Financial Sense
- 9/11 Damage Control Begins: CIA Director Warns "28 Pages" Contains Inaccurate Information | ZeroHedge
- "If This Goes Well, I'll Use It At Goldman Sachs Next Year" - Obama Mocks Everyone At His Final "Nerd Prom" | ZeroHedge
- After Failed Halliburton Deal, Baker Hughes Unveils "Path For The Future" Including $2.5BN Stock, Bond Buyback | ZeroHedge
- Schwab Is Forcing Cash Out Of Money Market Funds And Into Treasuries | ZeroHedge
- Taking The 'Petro' Out Of The Dollar | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What it was like in the bunker Hitler died in 71 years ago | Business Insider
- 7 everyday items that wouldn’t exist as we know them without GMOs | Business Insider
- This is the demographic Hollywood is ignoring, according to... | Business Insider
- Here's the story behind one of the most iconic photos from the bin Laden raid | Business Insider
- Meet Priyanka Chopra, the fast-rising actress and one of the 'Most Influential... | Business Insider
- The NFL world is in love with what the Jacksonville Jaguars did in the draft, and... | Business Insider
- JOBS WEEK IS HERE: Here's your full preview of a big week for the US economy | Business Insider